UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: coulter.andrew on June 13, 2018, 04:35:03 am

Title: Terrain problem
Post by: coulter.andrew on June 13, 2018, 04:35:03 am
I am almost finished with my first map and now the terrain patches aren't solids anymore.  I even selected them all and did right click>make structural, but it doesnt work.  I know I havent changed anything at all in relation to the terrain patches.  This is the last thing I need help with.
Title: Re: Terrain problem
Post by: RadimaX on June 17, 2018, 10:36:37 pm
Post a picture what colour the different patches are in radiant 3d view?
Post by: coulter.andrew on June 17, 2018, 10:55:20 pm
It was a default texture I used.  But I did fix the problem.  I am not sure if it was either too much terrain or what.   I know I deleted some that wouldnt even be seen from the map and I made a clip texture the same shape as the terrain and it worked.
Post by: RadimaX on June 17, 2018, 11:48:44 pm
yeah i wanted to see in 2D view if it turned itself into solid of for instance stayed beige or whatever color is for weapon clip or non colliding, since i did not know the size of the map i could not reccomend double all patches and make them CLIP over them just to make sure nothing falls trough however when we talk about maps that are months in the making chances are double anything will break the map even further haha glad you sorted that last issue at least :)
Post by: coulter.andrew on June 18, 2018, 12:11:56 am
Thank you.  Maybe you'd like to try the map when I get finished?  I will be doing a 5 part series though.  I would like to have a better menu for the 5, like a sub-menu for the 5 maps instead of having all on the main menu.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 18, 2018, 12:39:02 am
Dead zombies fall through clips
Post by: coulter.andrew on June 18, 2018, 12:42:58 am
Oh.  I guess it was the amount of terrain was too much.  They dont fall through.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 18, 2018, 12:44:08 am
They do
Post by: coulter.andrew on June 18, 2018, 12:45:30 am
I know.  I was saying that it wasnt clipping that fixed it.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 18, 2018, 12:47:21 am
There’s no terrain limit - there is vert limit tho. But the map would fail to compile if you go over it

Some rouge patch was prob somehow messing shit up
Post by: coulter.andrew on June 18, 2018, 12:52:33 am
Oh.  Well, I dont really know what fixed it.  It seems like my pc has errors and then they just stop randomly.  Like right now,  when my map crashes, I have to force restart my pc because something went awry and the Task Manager wont stay open
Post by: RadimaX on June 18, 2018, 02:56:36 am
Dead zombies fall through clips
yeah i tried this on a reflection room, where i built entire bank fully upside down to make the illusion of reflected fancy floors but obviously when you kill zombies the corpse fell trough the floor breaking the immersion, well not that there was any since you could not see zombies walking upside down at the same time but whatever clip i was using nothing stopped the corpse from falling tru but then again not sure if i had clip all or clip zombies since this was like 5+ years ago lol

There’s no terrain limit - there is vert limit tho. But the map would fail to compile if you go over it

i hit vert limit like legitimately 2015 even after optimizing the map a little bit however try to reduce subdivisions in those patches, if you still have problems hitting that pesky vert limit or if any patches are flat you might as well use brushes.¨

still not sure if 10 patches with 5000 verts is better than 5000 patches with 10 verts :D this is why i 90% do everything with brushes still