UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: JAZZ on June 05, 2018, 07:43:33 pm

Title: Making a map
Post by: JAZZ on June 05, 2018, 07:43:33 pm
I don't know if anyone can help with this, but I'm trying to make a new map, and I get this error when compiling my map:   (!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: EXE_ERR_HUNK_ALLOC_FAILED256

It made other files in my mods folder, and I don't think I need those files. But, I am new to this, so I don't know.
Title: Re: Making a map
Post by: gympie6 on June 05, 2018, 08:21:04 pm
I don't know if anyone can help with this, but I'm trying to make a new map, and I get this error when compiling my map:   (!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: EXE_ERR_HUNK_ALLOC_FAILED256

It made other files in my mods folder, and I don't think I need those files. But, I am new to this, so I don't know.

It's a sort kind of ram issue, the best thing to do is close as much programs as possible and run the compiler again.
If that doesn't work restart your pc and try it again.
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 05, 2018, 09:24:18 pm

This error is due to not having enough available memory in order to compile/build your mod. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and open Task Manager. End all applications that you’re not using and ones that take up the most memory. Google Chrome is often the reason for this error, so when you compile make sure to close all windows of Chrome.
Post by: JAZZ on June 05, 2018, 10:07:49 pm
That would make sense, thanks for replying! I figured it may be that I am one of the few people who own WaW on disk, and that could cause an error? I have 6 GB of RAM - Not the best, not the worst. Runs WaW just fine - and only had the launcher and Chrome open. The map was brand new, just getting it started as I am following a playlist on YouTube on how to make maps.

Double Post Merge: June 05, 2018, 10:10:38 pm
I just tried again, no luck. I'm sorry, I get this error when I try to build the mod.
Post by: RadimaX on June 05, 2018, 11:14:29 pm
try light set to LOW instead of HIGH when you compile the map perhaps?