UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Tutorial Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: isaacscott935 on June 04, 2018, 04:29:30 pm

Title: Death barrier tutorial - WAW
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 04, 2018, 04:29:30 pm
Hey guys  :D

This is a tutorial on how to create a death barrier in Call of Duty: World at War custom zombies.
You may want this feature in your map as part of a quest, or to just bully the players.

1) Right click on your 2D window in Radiant. Hover your mouse over 'trigger' and a menu should appear. Click 'hurt'.

2) You can resize this trigger to be any size of your choice. Press N on your keyboard to open the Entity window (this is where you insert your KVPs, for any new mappers). Type in the key 'dmg' (short for damage) and set the value as a number higher than 100.
IMPORTANT! If you do not have Jugg on your map, then you can set the value as 100 or 150. If you do have Jugg on your map, then setting the value under 150 will not kill the player. It needs to be over 250.

That's it. There are no further things needed in Radiant or in scripts. Just compile your map and it will work.
Title: Re: Death barrier tutorial - WAW
Post by: gympie6 on June 04, 2018, 06:52:03 pm
Hey guys  :D

This is a tutorial on how to create a death barrier in Call of Duty: World at War custom zombies.
You may want this feature in your map as part of a quest, or to just bully the players.

1) Right click on your 2D window in Radiant. Hover your mouse over 'trigger' and a menu should appear. Click 'hurt'.

2) You can resize this trigger to be any size of your choice. Press N on your keyboard to open the Entity window (this is where you insert your KVPs, for any new mappers). Type in the key 'dmg' (short for damage) and set the value as a number higher than 100.
IMPORTANT! If you do not have Jugg on your map, then you can set the value as 100 or 150. If you do have Jugg on your map, then setting the value under 150 will not kill the player. It needs to be over 250.

That's it. There are no further things needed in Radiant or in scripts. Just compile your map and it will work.

Sorry to break the fun but this only works solo! TriggerHurt does the same as self DoDamage, if you can make a trigger radius perhaps that will work.
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 04, 2018, 07:02:38 pm
Ok thank you, I will try that and if that works then I'll edit the original post.
Post by: death_reaper0 on June 04, 2018, 09:12:54 pm
trigger multiple is what you would need, and a script to go with it that checks if a player is touching it then do stuff
Post by: RadimaX on June 04, 2018, 11:14:55 pm
should maybe test things coop regardless of what you release ;)
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 05, 2018, 06:01:48 am
I have no friends
Post by: RadimaX on June 05, 2018, 06:22:24 pm
 Well, in this community you are more than welcome to make some ;)
Post by: gympie6 on June 07, 2018, 05:33:28 pm
Ok thank you, I will try that and if that works then I'll edit the original post.

What Death Reaper said is right it works,
you can look at this example:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Kill_trigger()
{
trig = GetEnt("instakill_trigger", "targetname");
players = getplayers();
while(1)
{
for(d = 0; d < players.size; d++)
{
if ( players[d] istouching(trig) )
{
if (!players[d] maps\_laststand::player_is_in_laststand())
{
radiusdamage(players[d].origin, 100, 666, 666, trig, "MOD_PISTOL_BULLET");
}
}
}
wait 0.1;
}
}
Post by: death_reaper0 on June 07, 2018, 06:13:22 pm
slight modification, this will let you have multiple of the triggers

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Kill_trigger()
{
trig = GetEntArray("instakill_trigger", "targetname");
players = getplayers();
while(1)
{
for(i = 0; i < trig.size; i++)
{
for(d = 0; d < players.size; d++)
{
if ( players[d] istouching(trig[i]) )
{
if (!players[d] maps\_laststand::player_is_in_laststand())
{
radiusdamage(players[d].origin, 100, 666, 666, trig, "MOD_PISTOL_BULLET");
}
}
}
}
wait 0.1;
}
}
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 07, 2018, 06:16:00 pm
:)
Post by: death_reaper0 on June 07, 2018, 09:07:00 pm
it can go in mapname, call
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level thread Kill_trigger();

under
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level thread DLC3_threadCalls2();

and in radiant have a trigger_multiple with the targetname

Code Snippet
Plaintext
instakill_trigger

and with the adjustment i made you can have as many of these as you want
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 07, 2018, 09:10:46 pm
Thank you. Also, where did you learn to script using GSC? Did you follow an online course or something?
Post by: gympie6 on June 07, 2018, 09:13:39 pm
Thank you. Also, where did you learn to script using GSC? Did you follow an online course or something?

Well we both learned it from tutorials, experimenting stuff and also being a programmer helps a lot ^^
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 07, 2018, 09:15:26 pm
Is there a good site where I can learn GSC? I really want to be able to create good features for my maps but I can’t without a decent knowledge of scripting.
Post by: gympie6 on June 07, 2018, 09:23:22 pm
Is there a good site where I can learn GSC? I really want to be able to create good features for my maps but I can’t without a decent knowledge of scripting.

You can always take a look here:
https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/UGX-Mods+Wiki (https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/UGX-Mods+Wiki)

this is for beginner's scripting:
https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Scripting+Guide (https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Scripting+Guide)

and maybe you want to know more about cod himself, you can follow tutorials from this guys for example:

Post by: isaacscott935 on June 07, 2018, 09:25:44 pm
I’d say I’m a good mapper, as I can create multiple style maps with models and other things. I can easily create maps with basic functions like perks and pack a punch and add custom weapons, but it’s just creating my own scripts I’m not good at. Thanks for the links
Post by: gympie6 on June 07, 2018, 09:40:46 pm
I’d say I’m a good mapper, as I can create multiple style maps with models and other things. I can easily create maps with basic functions like perks and pack a punch and add custom weapons, but it’s just creating my own scripts I’m not good at. Thanks for the links

No problem,

I am going to modify this tutorial: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,16478.0.html (https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,16478.0.html)
and I am going to add custom perks so that new people can follow it and create their own unique maps.