UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: ComeOnWork on May 28, 2018, 02:39:08 am

Title: Mods not showing up, files for mods nowhere to be found
Post by: ComeOnWork on May 28, 2018, 02:39:08 am
So I'm having the darnedest issue right now, and nobody on the entire face of the internet seems to be dealing with the same thing. I have CoDWaW through Steam.

A couple days ago I tried to download a map called "Cheesecube." My friend insisted that we play it but we never ended up even bothering. My friend sent me a link, I downloaded the installer, the installer told me that everything worked, and then that was that. A week later, my friend shows me another map, LSD, and I download it through zombiemods.com or something like that. It runs an installer, which claims to be downloading to a mod folder, and then it tells me the download was successful. I open up the game, the mods are nowhere to be found. I go into appdata/local/activision, and as it turns out I don't even have a mods folder. I make a mods folder, try again, and the same problem pursues. I try verifying integrity of game cache, reinstalling, nothing works.

My friend tells me about the mod manager, so I try snagging some maps off of there. Download a map, and lo and behold, every single map I attempted to download was there under tools>Launchmap. The map I attempted to download, however, did not disappear from the list of maps to try installing. We tried deleting the mods folder and making a new one, which caused the next map I attempted to install to disappear, but it still does not show up in the mods folder or in game.

We've also tried running the game as admin and the mod manager as admin, but nothing has worked. The bizarre thing is that I cannot find a single one of these files to run the maps, but the mod manager knows all of these maps have been attempted to be installed, even the mods I tried to install before I got the manager.

My friend and I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a while, and we have absolutely no idea what went wrong. Can I please get a little help with this?
Title: Re: Mods not showing up, files for mods nowhere to be found
Post by: GlueGun87 on May 28, 2018, 04:24:11 am
Ooooooh sounds complicated! Hmmm......
Hard one!, have you checked your temp in your documents folder under c:/users//*your pc nam here*//appdata/local/temp/
Should be any name like {588545}/long numbers it might be there... check every where if its not, (stupid question have to ask!) are you using a vm (virtual machine??) do you know the ff filenames because sounds like you need to use codwaw console to load them damn that's f'n complicated sorry man... tried to help....
Post by: ComeOnWork on May 29, 2018, 01:00:40 am
Ooooooh sounds complicated! Hmmm......
Hard one!, have you checked your temp in your documents folder under c:/users//*your pc nam here*//appdata/local/temp/
Should be any name like {588545}/long numbers it might be there... check every where if its not, (stupid question have to ask!) are you using a vm (virtual machine??) do you know the ff filenames because sounds like you need to use codwaw console to load them damn that's f'n complicated sorry man... tried to help....

I checked out the temp folder and found no files with those numbers. I then searched the entire PC and did not find anything. Also, I am not running on a virtual machine. I don't know the ff filenames.

Thanks for you help
Post by: comfi on May 29, 2018, 09:46:09 am
Excellent. Had the same issue. Thanks!