UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on May 26, 2018, 12:24:54 am

Title: bad syntax error
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on May 26, 2018, 12:24:54 am
I was testing my map and the zombies wouldn't move when previously they did. I moved the spawns a little bit to see if they'll move again. After I compiled and launched it, I got an error message from seemingly nowhere. I think the error is: ERROR missing images "givewarm_zom_dempsey_device.iwd"
ERROR missing images "viewarm_zom_dempsey_n.iwd"
ERROR missing images "viewarm_zom_dempsey_device_n.iwd"
ERROR missing images "givewarm_zom_dempsey_c.iwd"
Title: Re: bad syntax error
Post by: death_reaper0 on May 26, 2018, 03:24:56 am
missing images and bad syntax are two different things. should be able to still play with missing images, just wont be visible in the map
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on May 26, 2018, 01:46:42 pm
Is there a crash log in the codwaw directory that I can copy into here? If not, is it possible to copy the console?
Post by: death_reaper0 on May 26, 2018, 04:34:00 pm
launch map after typing "logfile 1" into console
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on May 26, 2018, 08:47:19 pm
After typing in logfile 1, it gave me a different error having to do with my zombie counter script. I fixed that but now I have another question, why don't my zombies move when they spawn? I have already checked the KVPs, the zones, and the path nodes.
Post by: death_reaper0 on May 29, 2018, 07:40:39 am
you probabbly have kvps wrong, if they need to walk directly to the player you need script_noteworthy find_flesh on the spawn point ent. if not make sure they can reach the barrier with the path nodes
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on May 30, 2018, 01:10:55 am
The KVPs are good and most of the zombies are risers. The barrier zombies don't work either.
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 02, 2018, 07:18:38 pm
Make sure your KVPs are as follows:

ZOMBIE KVPS:

targetname = zone_name_spawners
spawnflags = 3
script_forcespawn = 1
script_noteworthy = zombie_spawner
count = 9999
script_string = riser

SCRIPT STRUCT KVPS FOR RISER:

targetname = zone_name_spawners_rise
script_noteworthy = find_flesh
script_string = riser

Make sure that your script structs for your risers are half-way through the ground. Make sure pathnodes don't collide with any other models.
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on June 02, 2018, 11:33:48 pm
I fixed it, the problem was overlapping path nodes