UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: lolelel12334 on May 25, 2018, 05:37:23 pm

Title: Getting back into modding
Post by: lolelel12334 on May 25, 2018, 05:37:23 pm
Hallo, mein Freunde!

After the two failures, you may know as Hallway of Hell and Refreshment, I've decided to take a break. After this hiatus, I've decided to go back to modding, alongside mapping. Is there anyone that can help me with returning to the concept of mapping?

Take note that I don't wish to use anything involved with UGX's script placer at the moment.
Title: Re: Getting back into modding
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on May 26, 2018, 12:03:05 am
I suggest to make a small map with some general functions and then build a better one with more functions to wrap your mind around the concept of making a full map. And then, actually make a full map. Then, upload it to ugx-mods.com and let people play it. Then, take another Hiatus. Finally, Rinse and Repeat.
Post by: NGcaudle on May 28, 2018, 12:32:41 am
I might be able to help, I won't know what you're really look for. I map and port models more than I script thats for sure. just hit me up on my Twitter and I'll be more than glad to help out

twitter https://twitter.com/NGcaudle (https://twitter.com/NGcaudle)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on May 28, 2018, 04:01:04 am
Hallo, mein Freunde!

After the two failures, you may know as Hallway of Hell and Refreshment, I've decided to take a break. After this hiatus, I've decided to go back to modding, alongside mapping. Is there anyone that can help me with returning to the concept of mapping?

Take note that I don't wish to use UGX mod tools for the current moment.
no such thing as the ugx mod tools

theres the ugx mod

and theres the mod tools
Post by: lolelel12334 on May 28, 2018, 01:29:48 pm
I might be able to help, I won't know what you're really look for. I map and port models more than I script thats for sure. just hit me up on my Twitter and I'll be more than glad to help out

twitter https://twitter.com/NGcaudle (https://twitter.com/NGcaudle)
I'll keep that in mind, my main man.
Post by: RadimaX on May 28, 2018, 03:21:37 pm
and dont make another remake or remaster lol not only have people played the originals 100+ times but also all the fifty remakes of it aswell...Try something original ;)
Post by: lolelel12334 on May 28, 2018, 03:27:20 pm
and dont make another remake or remaster lol not only have people played the originals 100+ times but also all the fifty remakes of it aswell...Try something original ;)
I don't recall making a remake, the closest thing to a remake that I remember working on was a dust2 remake, but I didn't even work on it, just helped the creator with some problems he was having with mod tools.
Post by: RadimaX on May 28, 2018, 03:43:14 pm
i dont recall anything made in the past but im just saying this to ANY mapper that decide to make a map, instead of a 19th remake of anything like that try an original concept no matter how small or big, hell make a nach der untoten sized map but a remaster in 2018 feels already done and over with, but thats just my personal opinion hehe
Post by: whippytrout on May 28, 2018, 04:43:41 pm
i dont recall anything made in the past but im just saying this to ANY mapper that decide to make a map, instead of a 19th remake of anything like that try an original concept no matter how small or big, hell make a nach der untoten sized map but a remaster in 2018 feels already done and over with, but thats just my personal opinion hehe

I totally agree!! Pick a theme and go from there. Look at how the new BO4 maps are themed. They picked the Titanic and Gladiators for themes and built maps around them. I picked Batman back in the day and made maps based off that theme. Reading through history of treasures and legends can also spark ideas for maps and themes.