UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Map Releases => Topic started by: GarthVader45 on May 21, 2018, 09:12:08 pm

Title: nazi_zombie_dust2
Post by: GarthVader45 on May 21, 2018, 09:12:08 pm
NAZI ZOMBIE DUST2

(http://garethrichardsonmedia.com/img/zombie/collage-zombies.jpg)

Hey everyone, this is my very first map!

This is a remake of the classic and well-renowned multiplayer map from the Counter-Strike series Dust 2 a.k.a de_dust2. This particular version is based off of the version of the map from Counter-Strike: Source.

This map contains;

- mystery box
- the four original perk-a-cola machines
- Pack-A-Punch
- a secret room
- BUYABLE ENDING

Hope you enjoy! :)

P.S. To play the game solo, type "spmap nazi_zombie_dust2" into the console.

DOWNLOAD HERE;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccebf4kqgs229qq/AAAXgu5OivhvbgnhoamxcD3Oa?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccebf4kqgs229qq/AAAXgu5OivhvbgnhoamxcD3Oa?dl=0)
Title: Re: nazi_zombie_dust2
Post by: gustoman on May 23, 2018, 10:00:37 pm
This review for your map is only my opinion.

1) I tried your map because I am fan of dust2 map. I know your map is set at night time but its little to dark and objectives too, maybe if you add some lights around it could look better, so we can actually see some nice coloring or set better night settings.
2) The size of the map seems right at some places but somewhere its really to small.
3) A models that you used for debris are not good, they just don't fit there. Also debris are on bad spots for dust map.
4) This map doesn't have zombie windows entrances at all ( only 1 hole in the wall ) otherwise all zombies are rises.
5) A secret room is not interesting at all. There is nothing except for PAP.
6) There is nothing custom, nothing added into map for example some new custom rooms or areas. This is only base layout of old dust2 map which is not interesting to play and get bored really quickly. It feels like old CS 1.6 dust map.

You can still work on the map and make new update. I hope my review is not to negative but I think it's better to see what other people think about your map, so you can make better maps in the future. I know this is fan made map and all maps are great that people made including yours too. We are not Activision so we cannot make really PRO maps but we are WAW community that all maps are made by fan people of zombies and they are all great. FAN MADE MAPS

I really like how you made the layout of this map or the idea make a hole on cutwalk as shortcut to the tunnel. For your first map its great what you have done so far and I hope you will keep learning and making new maps for WAW community.
For your first map its really great!!!
Post by: GarthVader45 on May 24, 2018, 02:38:26 am
Thank you for your in-depth feedback. Really appreciate it! Your negative opinions aren't discouraging for me at all. Likewise, thank you for recognizing the positive design choices in my map as well! I'm not super familiar with mapping, hence why there isn't a whole lot of detail or otherwise interesting sections of the map. I'll definitely try to add more details and interesting things to future maps of mine.
Post by: SirusLight on May 25, 2018, 05:17:09 pm
Something you should fix, those big doors on the outlining of the map. I keep running into them b accident, and falling into the map. Plz help  :rainbow:
Post by: biggmacc on May 26, 2018, 06:18:31 am
Ive downloaded it but i cannot get it to work, it doesnt launch the mod properly and kicks me back to WAW main title
Post by: noway21 on May 26, 2018, 02:35:38 pm
Ive downloaded it but i cannot get it to work, it doesnt launch the mod properly and kicks me back to WAW main title
Try typing in console:
devmap nazi_zombie_dust2
or
spmap nazi_zombie_dust2
Post by: GarthVader45 on May 26, 2018, 05:29:31 pm
Something you should fix, those big doors on the outlining of the map. I keep running into them b accident, and falling into the map. Plz help  :rainbow:

Fixed! Just re-download and re-install the map.
Post by: Tim Smith on May 27, 2018, 06:02:26 pm
Try typing in console:
devmap nazi_zombie_dust2
or
spmap nazi_zombie_dust2
That's for cheating or devs only, just do map mapname.
Post by: Chauncenator on June 13, 2018, 01:42:42 pm
dropbox link is not working for me. says folder does not exist
Post by: PyroManiac22 on June 17, 2018, 12:48:14 am
dropbox isnt working
Post by: GarthVader45 on June 19, 2018, 12:05:16 am
Dropbox link is fixed!
Post by: TheDeathJesters on August 04, 2018, 06:42:07 pm
Fun map tbh. It's rough around the edges but with some work and new additions (I saw an older reply mention additional perks and custom weapons etc) this map could be fun. I'll leave a few ideas here.

P.S i found that hellhounds were getting stuck on the debris that blocks lower tunnel from mid.

Ideas

- Being a CS map, maybe add a few CS weapons (using the CoD 4 AK, MW2 UMP etc) and have CS skins (if possible) as the PAP camo

- The map is a little dark and the moon is pretty blinding when running up T spawn ramp.

- Custom CS models or something similar would add to the feel of the map.

- Objective idea : blow up the bomb sites for a bonus (what ever that could be)

- Custom UI would be a nice touch

Hope this helps. beat the map after 20 rounds. Enjoyed it.
Post by: EXILE1172 on October 17, 2018, 09:42:51 am
 yeah that's been happening to me as well. as soon as i load it, it will kick me back and even the console wont work. please help.