UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: deuceman2008 on April 09, 2018, 01:25:30 pm

Title: Can't Find mapname.gsc Anywhere
Post by: deuceman2008 on April 09, 2018, 01:25:30 pm
  So after ages trying to figure out how to even get ".gsc" files at all, I finally found it. You have to install mod tools. (That was really hard to figure out; by the way.) However, I am unable to find "mapname.gsc" in root\mods\ or in root\raw\maps\. I'm told I need this file to get a Zombie Counter on my maps, but I can't find it. I have "mapname" folder in root\mods\, but there's nothing but "mod.csv" and "mapname.files" in that folder.
Title: Re: Can't Find mapname.gsc Anywhere
Post by: johndoe on April 09, 2018, 02:03:56 pm
How did you create your map? Did you use the launcher or a script placer?
Post by: StupidEdits on April 09, 2018, 03:38:01 pm
How did you create your map? Did you use the launcher or a script placer?

I think he's referring to tuts mentioning to find your MAPNAME.gsc.

When people want you to find your mapname.gsc they're talking about the name of your mod.gsc Not an actual file called mapname.gsc

Ex. If your mod name is "cheetos", replace mapname with cheetos. So instead of looking for mapname.gsc, you're looking for cheetos.gsc
Post by: deuceman2008 on April 09, 2018, 06:31:02 pm
:facepalm:

I'm not 'that' ignorant.

For example, ugx_requiem.gsc

That's what I'm looking for. I can't find it. I haven't modified the map at all. I don't know what will give me the ".gsc" file either. I don't know anything about the script placer or any launcher.
Post by: johndoe on April 09, 2018, 07:53:43 pm
If you're trying to mod someone else's mod, why would you do that?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on April 09, 2018, 08:19:42 pm
... lol this did make me chuckle...

You cant mod other peoples / stock maps like this buddy....

well you can created a mod and run it on stock maps, but its not like your reading...

youve read a tutorial - intended for someone who has created their "own map" - to add a zombie counter to it

also, they are "just files" because gsc csc is not a windows format, you open them with a text editor

why is this coming up so often lately? lol

i mean, theres been a sudden spike in the amount of people trying to follow mod tools tutorials like they are just optional extras for the game lately, and also in people downloading the mod tools thinking again its just to whack any old extra in they want or like a cheat menu? lol

like did someone put something in the water or something?
Post by: gympie6 on April 09, 2018, 09:21:35 pm
:facepalm:

I'm not 'that' ignorant.

For example, ugx_requiem.gsc

That's what I'm looking for. I can't find it. I haven't modified the map at all. I don't know what will give me the ".gsc" file either. I don't know anything about the script placer or any launcher.

Instead of using someone else his code why do you not follow a tutorial like this one?:
https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2250.0.html (https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2250.0.html)

Damm the real creator of this should be credited!
Post by: cristian_morales on May 21, 2018, 05:15:25 am
Do you want the location of your mod's .GSC files? Well it's 'steam/steamapps/Call of Duty: World at War/mods/MAPNAME/maps'.
Post by: RadimaX on May 22, 2018, 02:12:36 am
you can count the zombies on the screen one by one without modtools or modifications to the files :please: works every time...
Post by: Tim Smith on May 22, 2018, 09:25:37 am
you can count the zombies on the screen one by one without modtools or modifications to the files :please: works every time...
Lmao
Post by: lolelel12334 on May 25, 2018, 07:09:13 pm
Look inside the .iwd files with winrar. That's usually how I get my gucci.