UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: DeletedUser on January 23, 2018, 03:47:15 am

Title: Model Changing
Post by: DeletedUser on January 23, 2018, 03:47:15 am
I was wondering how do you change an AI's model? For example, say i spawned a Soldier Actor/AI and i want his model to be something else like a Soviet or Dog or something, How would i do it? And i don't mean Swapping models.
Title: Re: Model Changing
Post by: BluntStuffy on January 23, 2018, 09:00:32 am
If you going to swap to a different character there's a lot more involved, animations/animscripts are different so it's not just like swapping a model.
You can try detaching all models and calling your character script on the AI, not sure if that works though..

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	self DetachAll();
self character\char_zom_tomb_german::main();

If your new model uses the same joints and animations you can just use  setmodel()
Title: Re: Model Changing
Post by: DeletedUser on January 23, 2018, 07:50:11 pm
If you going to swap to a different character there's a lot more involved, animations/animscripts are different so it's not just like swapping a model.
You can try detaching all models and calling your character script on the AI, not sure if that works though..

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	self DetachAll();
self character\char_zom_tomb_german::main();

If your new model uses the same joints and animations you can just use  setmodel()

i was just going to swap the models to a different character in waw. I guess this will work