UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Tutorial Desk => Modding => Topic started by: treminaor on December 27, 2013, 09:26:02 am

Title: [UGX Tutorial] How to play music on the MUSIC channel
Post by: treminaor on December 27, 2013, 09:26:02 am
Your map should be YouTube-safe. Any music in the map that isn't self-recorded should be on the MUSIC sound channel so that YouTubers can turn off the music to avoid copyright infringement.

First, open your soundalias' csv file. I recommend opening it with a spreadsheet app first so that you can find the correct CSV column quickly. After you find what you're looking for, open the CSV with Notepad++ or similar. If you have Microsoft Excel, you can edit it directly from the program. When you're done, just hit CTRL+S or File -> Save. Confirm with "Yes" that you want to keep the existing file format.

You need to change the "bus" that the sound plays on. Typically I see people using ambience, weapon, or full_vol - these are fine for weapon sounds or other SFX, but you should not be using these for music.

Find the bus setting in your soundalias and change it to

Code Snippet
Plaintext
music

Then rebuild the FF that you have included your sound in. Now you should be able to control the volume of the music in-game by using the Music volume slider in the Sound section of the World at War pause menu.
Title: Re: [UGX Tutorial] How to play music on the MUSIC channel
Post by: DeletedUser on December 27, 2013, 12:14:04 pm
This tutorial is great, but I think the proper win-win would be a toggle in sound options menu that toggles music between youtube-unsafe and youtube-safe.
Title: Re: [UGX Tutorial] How to play music on the MUSIC channel
Post by: SajeOne on December 27, 2013, 07:01:52 pm
This tutorial is great, but I think the proper win-win would be a toggle in sound options menu that toggles music between youtube-unsafe and youtube-safe.
Yes that's nice but not necessary the point of the tutorial. You could always add a menu item which will set a dvar to 0 or 1, then check in script for a "youtube safe" map, I've done it before in another map I've created.

This tutorial was just a simple tutorial intended so people wouldn't put their music on the music channel, and frankly if they aren't going to do this tutorial then do you expect them to bother with a youtube safe tutorial?