UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: jiggy22 on June 06, 2017, 05:24:28 am

Title: Outdated Black Ops Scripts
Post by: jiggy22 on June 06, 2017, 05:24:28 am
Hey again, so I'm still working on modding Black Ops, and I'm running into issues regarding editing gsc files and the likes. So when I try to include something like _zombiemode_weapons.gsc in my ff file for example, I get the following error:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Error
Server script compile error
unknown function
maps/_zombiemode_powerups.gsc(963):
self.worldgundw setModel(
maps\_zombiemode_weapons::get_left_hand_
weapon_model_name( self.weapon ) );
(see console for details)

And of course when I check the console, there's nothing there. I've already checked all of the map files that I'm using, and nothing even resembling the above functions are mentioned anywhere in them. I'm assuming that I'm trying to use outdated versions of these gsc files, as I believe that they were updated following the fourth DLC pack. However, I don't have these updated gsc files for some reason, I guess they didn't come with the beta mod tools or whatever. Anybody know how to fix this? This is a pretty major issue that I need to fix if I want to develop this further! Thanks!
Title: Re: Outdated Black Ops Scripts
Post by: Scobalula on June 06, 2017, 07:52:34 am
Hey again, so I'm still working on modding Black Ops, and I'm running into issues regarding editing gsc files and the likes. So when I try to include something like _zombiemode_weapons.gsc in my ff file for example, I get the following error:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Error
Server script compile error
unknown function
maps/_zombiemode_powerups.gsc(963):
self.worldgundw setModel(
maps\_zombiemode_weapons::get_left_hand_
weapon_model_name( self.weapon ) );
(see console for details)

And of course when I check the console, there's nothing there. I've already checked all of the map files that I'm using, and nothing even resembling the above functions are mentioned anywhere in them. I'm assuming that I'm trying to use outdated versions of these gsc files, as I believe that they were updated following the fourth DLC pack. However, I don't have these updated gsc files for some reason, I guess they didn't come with the beta mod tools or whatever. Anybody know how to fix this? This is a pretty major issue that I need to fix if I want to develop this further! Thanks!

Dump them from the FFs using an FF Extractor. :P
Title: Re: Outdated Black Ops Scripts
Post by: jiggy22 on June 06, 2017, 07:28:21 pm
Whelp, I'm stupid. Though I guess that's what I get for trying to solve things like this at 2:00 in the morning!  ::)
I don't know why I never thought to decompile the common_zombie_patch file  :P