UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Computer Tech => Topic started by: daedra descent on December 13, 2013, 11:15:41 pm

Title: Launcher/Mod Tools dependencies?
Post by: daedra descent on December 13, 2013, 11:15:41 pm
So I've been trying to get Launcher/Mod Tools to work on Ubuntu (V10.04 LTS) forever now. I always get to the point where it gives me the option to choose my .prj file but then it gives me an error on startup for Radiant. Launcher just refuses to load altogether.

So my question is, does anyone know where can find what i need to make these programs work?

EDIT: (http://gyazo.com/e0eb442458b3eb7ee6c76fb7b0a7fa0e.png)
Title: Re: Launcher/Mod Tools dependencies?
Post by: treminaor on December 14, 2013, 03:30:46 am
Nothing can be determined from an unhanded exception window that has no fault information. The tool was not written to be used in a linux environment, so it doesn't surprise me that it found something to crash over. The tools are hard enough to get working in Windows, I don't envision using them in Linux to be an easy/pleasant experience.
Post by: johndoe on December 14, 2013, 04:00:39 am
try to run it using the terminal. it should be like this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
wine CoDWaWRadiant.exe
when you run any kind of software from terminal, it'll most likely show you the cause of error. just copy the error message on terminal and search it through the web, i'm sure you'll find a solution to this.
Post by: daedra descent on December 14, 2013, 05:51:14 am
try to run it using the terminal. it should be like this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
wine CoDWaWRadiant.exe
when you run any kind of software from terminal, it'll most likely show you the cause of error. just copy the error message on terminal and search it through the web, i'm sure you'll find a solution to this.

alright, but whats the directory command for getting to the bin folder? I've tried this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
cd media/emchaines/program files(86x)/steam/steamapps/common/call of duty world at war/bin wine launcher.exe

but it gives me a bad token for (86x).
Post by: johndoe on December 14, 2013, 05:56:33 am
alright, but whats the directory command for getting to the bin folder? I've tried this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
cd media/emchaines/program files(86x)/steam/steamapps/common/call of duty world at war/bin wine launcher.exe

but it gives me a  back token for (86x).
Code Snippet
Plaintext
cd "media/emchaines/program files(86x)/steam/steamapps/common/call of duty world at war/bin wine launcher.exe"
try this one
Post by: daedra descent on December 14, 2013, 06:00:31 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
cd "media/emchaines/program files(86x)/steam/steamapps/common/call of duty world at war/bin wine launcher.exe"
try this one

Code Snippet
Plaintext
No such file or directory

strange... that's what it shows up in the file manager.
Post by: johndoe on December 14, 2013, 06:06:24 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
No such file or directory

strange... that's what it shows up in the file manager.
just go to the directory and right click on a blank area and select open in terminal and do what i told you at the very first time.
Post by: daedra descent on December 14, 2013, 06:18:17 am
just go to the directory and right click on a blank area and select open in terminal and do what i told you at the very first time.

Doesn't look like ubuntu has that feature.
Post by: johndoe on December 14, 2013, 06:28:00 am
Doesn't look like ubuntu has that feature.
oh god i didn't know that. i still think you should type the directory's name in quotes but there's one thing i forgot to mention. linux is case sensitive when it comes to directories and files. so make sure you typed every letter in the correct form.
Post by: Delta on December 14, 2013, 05:08:14 pm
eyeyey.

Try to use \ as a space:   call\ of\ duty\ world\ at\ war

Although I would recommend using no spaces in the pathes at all. - big mistake there.
( it seems also you forget that linux is case sensitive )

You can also cd and tab until you reach your destination. Use ls for the all available files / directories.

Oh and you can't cd to a file. cd is for directories.

Next time google might help aswell.

Btw what do you try to accomplish?
Post by: daedra descent on December 14, 2013, 05:28:03 pm
Btw what do you try to accomplish?

TBH, i'm not even sure. All i really need is what the program needs to run (dependencies). I've gotten Radiant to work before, i'm just now sure how i did it.