UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Applications & Tools => Topic started by: treminaor on December 13, 2013, 07:48:50 am

Title: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v1.0.0
Post by: treminaor on December 13, 2013, 07:48:50 am
WeaponsEditor++ v1.0.0
> Wiki Guide < (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=WeaponsEditor%2B%2B)

WeaponsEditor++ is a major UI and usability improvement over Asset Manager's weapon-editing capabilities. It works completely independently from Asset Manager and reads raw weaponFiles directly instead of using GDTs. The development of this program is part of our effort to release a UGX Developer Package at a later date.

ugx-mods.com

(http://i.imm.io/1lQ8x.gif)

Features rundown:

I found a bug!

If you get an unhandled exception while using the program or something just doesn't seem to be working right, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If a setting is missing from the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If you would like to see a feature added to the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! :)

That's all for now - I hope the community finds this program useful and sees it as a worthy replacement of Asset Manager for editing weaponFiles.

Changelog:

Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.8 BETA
Post by: JR-Imagine on December 13, 2013, 10:38:06 am
This will come in handy, still have to do some CoD4 ports. I'll edit once I got some time to play around with it. ;)

Edit:
Spoiler: click to open...
(http://i.imgur.com/GsEwYir.jpg)
Working prefectly! :)
Post by: DeletedUser on December 13, 2013, 03:05:00 pm
The app doesnt have an option for specifying WaW root. When I click on raw/weapons folder button it throuws unhandled exception.
Post by: codmoddd1234 on December 13, 2013, 03:12:46 pm
Worked perfect. Drag and drop is great.
General.basic tab had a typo. Mo partial roload
Modename had no popup text.
console text should be a pop-up "successful weapon save"
The search tab worked but would be nice if it jumped you to the section you clicked.
Other than that I tried lots of different options and they all worked.

Post by: treminaor on December 13, 2013, 05:56:29 pm
Worked perfect. Drag and drop is great.
General.basic tab had a typo. Mo partial roload
Modename had no popup text.
console text should be a pop-up "successful weapon save"
The search tab worked but would be nice if it jumped you to the section you clicked.
Other than that I tried lots of different options and they all worked.
Ths search fundtion DOES jump you to the setting you entered - look at the GIF in the first post. If it didn't work, it's a bug that I need to fix - what setting where you trying to jump to?

I don't want any popups from the program because that interrupts workflow - I think you can get used to just checking the console.  I could also have it play a noise or something, idk.

What do you mean by "modeName had no popup text"?

And thanks for the typo alert, will fix it now :D

Thank you for all the feedback so far!

The app doesnt have an option for specifying WaW root. When I click on raw/weapons folder button it throuws unhandled exception.
It uses the CoDWaW installation registry key, so that means your installation is not clean.

But yes it should have an option to manually specify it, I will add that :)
Post by: codmoddd1234 on December 13, 2013, 06:31:40 pm
modename is directly under displayname in the general/basic tab.  It will show the same tip as displayname if I click the modename text box and hover.   Other then that I clicked and tried almost everything with a few different types of weapons and loaded in-game they seems to work fine.
maybe label where the muzzle flash part it to say that it is an fx.

And the search is functioning properly. I probably tried it without a weapon file loaded.

Post by: treminaor on December 13, 2013, 06:33:36 pm
modename is directly under displayname in the general/basic tab.  It will show the same tip as displayname if I click the modename text box and hover.   Other then that I clicked and tried almost everything with a few different types of weapons and loaded in-game they seems to work fine.
maybe label where the muzzle flash part it to say that it is an fx.

And the search is functioning properly. I probably tried it without a weapon file loaded.
Oh, ok I'll check out the tooltip for modeName and see what's wrong. And I'll check the muzzleflash tip :)

Thanks!
Post by: codmoddd1234 on December 13, 2013, 06:43:43 pm
To be more.specific.
If you click in the modename text box and hover over modename no tip displays.
If you click modename text box and hover over displayname it will show modename tip.
displayname tip is working properly.
It just seems like they are overlapped. Not a big deal at all.
Post by: treminaor on December 13, 2013, 09:25:33 pm
To be more.specific.
If you click in the modename text box and hover over modename no tip displays.
If you click modename text box and hover over displayname it will show modename tip.
displayname tip is working properly.
It just seems like they are overlapped. Not a big deal at all.
Ok, Thanks. I'll work on the tooltips and release a new version soon - I found some other bugs as well.
Post by: Delta on December 13, 2013, 10:01:19 pm
Another great program which improves our workflow and which we release to public ;)

Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.8.5 BETA
Post by: treminaor on December 14, 2013, 01:59:49 am
v0.8.5 has been released, download link is updated. For those of you that already have the program, it should now notify you that a new version is available if you were to open it again.

If anyone could write some tooltips for settings which do not have tooltips, that would help a LOT!
If you would like to submit some tooltips, use a code block and put them in this format, one per line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTip("settingName", "Explaination for this setting.");

The "settingName" must match the setting as it appears in the weaponFile. 90% of the labels used for settings in WeaponsEditor++ are already named the same as in the weaponFile, so this should be easy.

Changelog for v0.8.5:
 - Fixed some settings name typos.
 - Added an option to manually specify installation folder if none are found.
 - Fixed a bug where the search was not jumping to certain settings.
 - Added a few new tooltips for certain settings.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.8.5 BETA
Post by: treminaor on December 15, 2013, 04:23:28 am
v0.9.0 has been released. Download link updated.

Changelog:
 - Fixed a crash that happened when editing hideTags
 - Changed the update check to run async so that the program startup was not waiting for the update check (i.e. the app starts faster now).
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.9.0 BETA
Post by: treminaor on December 15, 2013, 06:11:39 pm
I'm pretty sure that besides adding tooltips, v0.9.0 is the candidate for a non-beta release. Please let me know if anyone finds any crashes or bugs in v0.9.0.

Thanks!
Post by: treminaor on December 17, 2013, 08:44:51 pm
Is anyone available to help write tooltips for the program? It would be a huge help.
Post by: DeletedUser on December 18, 2013, 06:18:33 am
Is anyone available to help write tooltips for the program? It would be a huge help.
Just hit me up on skype with the list of missing tooltips ;)
Post by: treminaor on December 18, 2013, 06:30:30 am
Just hit me up on skype with the list of missing tooltips ;)
I'll post it here so that anyone can have the opportunity to help :)

<list moved to first post>
Post by: DeletedUser on December 18, 2013, 06:41:11 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("fireRumble","Rumble file to use when weapon is firing. No effect on PC.");
createTooltip("meleeImpactRumble","Rumble file that is used when player is meleeing and he hit something. No effect on PC.");
Thats all I can write up for now
Post by: treminaor on December 18, 2013, 06:43:39 am
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("fireRumble","Rumble file to use when weapon is firing. No effect on PC.");
createTooltip("meleeImpactRumble","Rumble file that is used when player is meleeing and he hit something. No effect on PC.");
Thats all I can write up for now
Added and removed from the list. List moved to first post.

Thanks
Post by: treminaor on December 19, 2013, 07:23:21 pm
I just noticed the tab indexes are not in the correct order in some places - so if you try to tab through the boxes its not going to always behave as expected - I will fix this in the next update.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.9.5 BETA
Post by: treminaor on December 27, 2013, 10:25:50 am
v0.9.5 has been released. Download link updated.

Changelog:
 - Added 'Advanced Mode' which allows you to edit add any setting to a weaponfile. The WaW engine sometimes allows unusual settings from one weaponClass to be used on another, even if not shown in Asset Manager. This also allows you to convert a weapon to a different weaponClass because you can add the needed additional settings.
 - Added 'Magazine' as an ammoClipType on the HUD tab.
 - Added 'rifle_grenade' as an impactType on the Basics tab.
 - Added "Are you sure?" confirmation message when trying to close the program with unsaved changes.
 - Added some user-submitted tooltips to the program.
 - Fixed some incorrectly-ordered tab indexes - you can use tab to navigate through all the settings now.
 - Added support for custom playerAnimTypes (tutorial soon)
Post by: DeletedUser on December 27, 2013, 12:35:55 pm
Been waiting for that Advanced Mode, thanks trem! ;)
Post by: treminaor on December 27, 2013, 07:18:58 pm
Been waiting for that Advanced Mode, thanks trem! ;)
Glad you like the feature - let me know if you run into any trouble with it :D

For everyone: The tooltip list is still valid in the first post, if anyone could please help get some of these tooltips written it would be greatly appreciated.
Post by: treminaor on January 02, 2014, 08:20:07 pm
Alright, since no one is jumping at the opportunity to do menial labor (big surprise :lol: ), here's some $$ incentive...

So currently there's about 200 (edit: 143 edit: 94) tooltips which are "missing":

Code Snippet
Plaintext
offhandClassT has no tooltip!
adsOverlayInterfaceT has no tooltip!
adsOverlayHeightT has no tooltip!
adsOverlayWidthT has no tooltip!
dpadIconRatioT has no tooltip!
ammoCounterIconT has no tooltip!
dpadIconT has no tooltip!
breakdownAnimT has no tooltip!
emptyDropAnimT has no tooltip!
altSwitchSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
altSwitchSoundT has no tooltip!
crackSoundT has no tooltip!
modeIconRatioT has no tooltip!
modeIconT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundDT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundCT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundBT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundAT has no tooltip!
wideKillIconC has no tooltip!
wideListIconC has no tooltip!
damageIntervalT has no tooltip!
damageDurationT has no tooltip!
sharedAmmoCapNameT has no tooltip!
explosionRadiusMinT has no tooltip!
cookOffHoldC has no tooltip!
detonateSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
detonateSoundT has no tooltip!
pullbackSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
pullbackSoundT has no tooltip!
sharedAmmoCapT has no tooltip!
holdFireTimeT has no tooltip!
detonateAnimT has no tooltip!
holdFireAnimT has no tooltip!
rotateC has no tooltip!
hasDetonatorC has no tooltip!
tagFlash_preparationEffectT has no tooltip!
tagFx_preparationEffectT has no tooltip!
projExplosionEffectForceNormalUpC has no tooltip!
projectileActivateDistT has no tooltip!
projectileSpeedForwardT has no tooltip!
projectileSpeedUpT has no tooltip!
damageConeAngleT has no tooltip!
noDropsOrRaisesC has no tooltip!
panel1 has no tooltip!
maxSteeringAccelT has no tooltip!
adsZoomGunFovT has no tooltip!
reloadShowRocketTimeT has no tooltip!
isHandModelOverridableC has no tooltip!
projDudSoundT has no tooltip!
projDudEffectT has no tooltip!
projectileLifetimeT has no tooltip!
guidedMissileTypeT has no tooltip!
clipOnlyC has no tooltip!
destabilizeDistanceT has no tooltip!
destabilizationCurvatureMaxT has no tooltip!
destabilizationRateTimeT has no tooltip!
projectileDLightT has no tooltip!
projectileRedT has no tooltip!
projectileGreenT has no tooltip!
projectileBlueT has no tooltip!
projIgnitionDelayT has no tooltip!
projIgnitionEffectT has no tooltip!
projIgnitionSoundT has no tooltip!
projectileSoundT has no tooltip!
aimPaddingT has no tooltip!
dropHintStringT has no tooltip!
playerPositionDistT has no tooltip!
rotateLoopSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
rotateLoopSoundT has no tooltip!
stopFireSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
stopFireSoundT has no tooltip!
loopFireSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
loopFireSoundT has no tooltip!
minPlayerDamageT has no tooltip!
scriptT has no tooltip!
vertViewJitterT has no tooltip!
horizViewJitterT has no tooltip!
suppressionTimeT has no tooltip!
yawConvergenceTimeT has no tooltip!
pitchConvergenceTimeT has no tooltip!
maxVertTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
maxHorTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
minVertTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
minHorTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
animHorRotateIncT has no tooltip!
playerSpreadT has no tooltip!
aiSpreadT has no tooltip!
accuracyT has no tooltip!
grabarcT has no tooltip!
bottomArcT has no tooltip!
rightArcT has no tooltip!
topArcT has no tooltip!
leftArcT has no tooltip!
stanceT has no tooltip!

I am willing to pay someone (or more than one person if you can work something out amongst yourselves) $0.05 USD out of my pocket per submitted toolTip. You can't submit one that someone else has already submitted in the mean time, and you MUST write an actual DESCRIPTION of the weapon setting which is ACCURATE and COMPLETE.

I don't want a tooltip for hudIcon which says "HUD Icon for weapon". I want "Material name which is displayed on the player's HUD while the weapon is equipped."
If you can't write correct English, please don't submit tooltips to me because I will only pay for toolTips which are worth using.

So if someone wants to do all 200 tips, that's $10 USD in your PayPal account. Don't bother submitting less than 20-40 tips in total, otherwise PayPal transfer fees will eat up what little money you are paid. If you don't have PayPal I will gift you a Steam game which is equal to or less than (but close to) what you are owed.

I don't have the personal time or attention span to sit here and write all these tooltips, and it's worth $10 to me to get it done.
Post by: daedra descent on January 02, 2014, 08:29:31 pm
I'll help when i get back home. Most likely won't get to all 200. lol
Post by: DeletedUser on January 02, 2014, 08:49:13 pm
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("playerDamageT","The amount of damage that is dealt to player when he is hit by AI with this weapon.");
createTooltip("deployAnimT","The animation that is played when player deploys a weapon");
createTooltip("adsDownAnimT","The animation that tells the game where to move the viewmodel when you go out of ADS");
createTooltip("idleAnimT","The animation that is played when the weapon is idle");
createTooltip("lastShotAnimT","The animation that is played when the player shoots the last bullet in the clip");
createTooltip("adsDownAnimT","The animation that tells the game where to move the viewmodel when you go in ADS");
createTooltip("nightVisionRemoveAnimT","The animation that is played when player takes off nightvision. No effect in CoD4 MP and CoD:WaW.");
createTooltip("nightVisionWearAnimT","The animation that is played when player put on nightvision. No effect in CoD4 MP and CoD:WaW.");
createTooltip("rechamberAnimT","The animation that is played when the gun is being rechambered");
createTooltip("adsFireAnimT","The animation that is played when player fires the gun while ADSing. It's possible to use the same animation as for normal fire");
createTooltip("meleeAnimT","The animation that is played when player melees while holding this weapon");
createTooltip("meleeChargeAnimT","The animation that is played when player melees an AI");
createTooltip("sprintOutAnimT","The animation that is played when player goes out from sprinting state");
createTooltip("sprintLoopAnimT","The animation that is played when player is sprinting");
createTooltip("sprintInAnimT","The animation that is played when player goes into sprinting state");
createTooltip("reloadAnimT","The animation that is played when player reloads the weapon while the clip is not empty");
createTooltip("reloadEmptyT","The animation that is played when player reloads the weapon after he emptied the weapon clip");
createTooltip("adsDofEndT","The end of viewmodel Depth of Field when player is ADSing");
createTooltip("adsDofStartT","The start of viewmodel Depth of Field when player is ADSing");
createTooltip("firstRaiseAnimT","The animation that is played when the player is given the gun");
Post by: treminaor on January 02, 2014, 08:52:21 pm
@Ray1235 All accepted - $1 USD so far, and those tooltips are now claimed. Anyone else who submits these tooltips a second time will be ignored.
Post by: mrpeanut188 on January 02, 2014, 09:30:51 pm
These are re-words of Ray's, if he is fine with them. Rights and $ still go to him.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("playerDamageT","Damage dealt to any player when shot with this weapon.");
createTooltip("deployAnimT","View-model animation played when player deploys a weapon.");
createTooltip("adsDownAnimT","View-model transition animation from ADS to hip view.");
createTooltip("rechamberAnimT","View-model animation to play while rechambering the weapon.");
createTooltip("adsFireAnimT","View-model firing animation, while ADS.");
createTooltip("sprintInAnimT","View-model transition animation blending the idle hip animation to the sprint looping animation.");
createTooltip("sprintLoopAnimT","View-model looping animation while sprinting.");
createTooltip("sprintOutAnimT","View-model transition animation blending the sprint loop back to the idle hip animation.");
createTooltip("","")

Edit: Made some of my own, 1st batch.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("killIconT","HUD Icon used in Multiplayer's Combat Log to denote what gun the player was killed with.");
createTooltip("pickupSoundPlayerT","Sound to play on weapon pickup by player. Default: weap_pickup_plr");
createTooltip("pickupSoundT","Sound to play on weapon pickup. Default: weap_pickup");
createTooltip("ammoPickupSoundPlayerT","Sound to play on ammo pickup by player. Default: ammo_pickup_plr");
createTooltip("ammoPickupSoundT"","Sound to play on ammo pickup. Default: ammo_pickup");
createTooltip("whizbySoundT","Sound to play when bullets come close to the player but miss.");
createTooltip("vertTurnSpeedT","Adjusts the speed of which you can look vertically with this weapon equipped.");
createTooltip("horTurnSpeedT","Adjusts the speed of which you can look horizontally with this weapon equipped.");
createTooltip("putawaySoundPlayerT","Sound to play when holstering the weapon by player. Default: weap_putaway_plr");
createTooltip("putawaySoundT","Sound to play when holstering the weapon. Default: weap_putaway");
createTooltip("firstRaiseSoundPlayerT","Sound to play when equipping the weapon for the first time by the player. Should match the typical raiseSound unless you are making a custom firstRaise.");
createTooltip("firstRaiseSoundT","Sound to play when equipping the weapon for the first time. Should match the typical raiseSound unless you are making a custom firstRaise.");
createTooltip("overheatSoundPlayer","Sound to play when the gun is continually shot and overheated by the player. Used for turret-typed weapons.");
createTooltip("overheatSound","Sound to play when the gun is continually shot overheated. Used for turret-typed weapons.");
createTooltip("flameCooldownSoundPlayerT","Sound to play after the weapon is no longer being fired by the player, and the weapons starts to cool-down.")
createTooltip("flameCooldownSoundT","Sound to play after the weapon is no longer being fired, and the weapons starts to cool-down.")
createTooltip("flameOnLoopSoundPlayerT","Sound to play while the weapon is being fired by the player and continues to play until the player is no longer being firing.")
createTooltip("flameOnLoopSoundT","Sound to play while the weapon is being fired and continues to play until the weapon is no longer being fired.")
createTooltip("flameIgniteSoundPlayerT","Sound to play when the weapon is fired by the player but only plays for the first 'shot' until the weapon stops firing.")
createTooltip("flameIgniteSoundT","Sound to play when the weapon is fired but only plays for the first 'shot' until the weapon stops firing.")
createTooltip("flameOffLoopSoundPlayerT","Idle loop-sound to play for the player when the weapon is not being fired.")
createTooltip("flameOffLoopSoundT","Idle loop-sound to play when the weapon is not being fired.")
createTooltip("cooldownRateT","How fast the gun cools down when the weapon is idle and not being fired.")
createTooltip("overheatRateT","How fast the gun heats up when the weapon is being fired until it overheats.")
createTooltip("overheatWeaponC","Whether this gas-weapon can over-heat or can continually fire without penalty.")
createTooltip("unlimitedAmmoC","Whether this gas-weapon has infinite ammo. Usually used in coordination with OverheatWeapon to limit the weapon's capabilites.")
createTooltip("projectileModelT","Model of the projectile 'fired' from a grenade-type weapon.")
createTooltip("rocketModelT","Model of the projectile 'fired' from a projectile-type weapon.")
createTooltip("holdButtonToThrowC","Whether you need to press or hold the fire button to shoot a grenade-type weapon.")
createTooltip("canUseInVehicle","Whether or not you can equip and fire this weapon while in a vehicle.")

Also, don't know why, my edit didn't save, but when I clicked on the modify button it showed my edited post? I think I clicked preview instead of save.
Post by: daedra descent on January 02, 2014, 10:52:18 pm
Here are mine. I wasn't sure about some things like the "TwoHanded' setting. I assume its an animation thing so thats what i put.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("twoHandedC","The setting for if this weapon uses a Two-Handed animation.");
createtooltip("ammoCounterClipT", "The amount of ammunition that this weapon will have in a 'clip'.");
createtooltip("ammoCounterIconRatio", "The ratio in which the ammo counter icon will be displayed.");
createtooltip("aiVsPlayerAccuracyGraphT", "The accuracy file used to determine how 'accurate' an AI is VS the players.");
createtooltip("playerDamageT", The amount of damage per bullet this weapon does to the player(s).");
createtooltip("suppressAmmoReserveDisplayC", "The option to 'suppress' or 'hide' the reserved ammo counter on this weapon.");
createtooltip("deployAnimT", "The xanim file that will play when this weapon is 'deployed'.");
createtooltip("adsDownAnimT", "The xanim file that will play when a player 'Aims down sights'. If ADS is disabled, this has no affect");
createtooltip("overheatEndValT", "The value for how long a turret weapon can be fired before needing to 'cool down'.");
createtooltip("cooldownRateT", "The rate, in seconds, a turret weapon will 'cool down' from being fired.");
createtooltip("overheatRateT", "The rate, in seconds, a turret weapon will 'heat up' after being fired.");
createtooltip("coolWhileFiringC", "The setting for wether the weapon will 'cool' while firing. If the 'overheat' setting is set higher than the 'cooldown' this setting will not take affect.");
createtooltip("unlimitedAmmoC", "sets wether this weapon has 'unlimited ammo'.");
createtooltip("detonateTimeT", "The time, in seconds, that an grenade explosive will 'explode' after throwing it.");
createtooltip("projTrailEffectT", "The FX file that will play when a projectile weapon is fired, and will follow the projectile as it moves.");
createtooltip("projectileModelT", "The xmodel file that will launch from a weapon.");
createtooltip("requireLockonToFireC", "The option for requiring a projectile weapon to lock-on to a target before firing. Does not affect World at War.");
createtooltip("useHintStringT", "The 'hintstring' to display when a player gets within range to pick this weapon off of the ground.");
createtooltip("maxRangeT", "The Maximum effective range for this weapon. Once a bullet goes past this range, it will do no damage.");
createtooltip("semiAutoC", "The option for setting for if this weapon will use the '3-round burst' fire mode.");
Post by: treminaor on January 02, 2014, 11:57:52 pm
@mrpeanut188: Had to make some small corrections to some of the settings but otherwise it's all good - 30/30 accepted, $1.50 USD so far.

@daedra descent: Out of the 20 submitted, 7 are ignored because they were submitted earlier today and accepted. 'semiAutoC' is wrong - if you are unsure of the context of a setting, figure out what page it's on in the WeaponsEditor by using the Search Box. semiAuto is for gasWeapons, and it controls their firing mode between continuous fire and semi-auto fire. 'ammoCounterClip' is for the HUD, and it controls which clip image is used to represent the bullets drawn on the player's ammo HUD. 11/20 accepted, $0.55 USD so far.

Updated all instances of the tooltip list, 143 remaining.
Post by: treminaor on January 04, 2014, 11:05:11 am
Any more toolTips today?
Post by: treminaor on January 05, 2014, 04:54:52 am
Added a wiki page (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=WeaponsEditor%2B%2B) explaining the program and its uses. There's a new feature listed on the Wiki Page that I have not announced here yet :)
Post by: DeletedUser on January 05, 2014, 03:56:45 pm
Yay! BO1 to CoD4/5 converter!
Post by: mrpeanut188 on January 06, 2014, 09:41:30 pm
Treminaor, that avatar is amazing. Most of the follow I'm sure of, but double-check the aim-assist ones.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
createtooltip("killIconRatio","The sizing ratio for the HUD icon used in Multiplayer's death log. The ratio selects the size used for the icon to allow for proper placement of the icon and surrounding text.")
createtooltip("hudIconRatio","The sizing ratio for the HUD icon used for the gun icon on use and on pickup prompt. The ratio selects the size used for the icon to allow for proper placement of the icon and surrounding text.")
createTooltip("hudIcon","HUD Icon shown when the weapon is equipped and when shown with the weapon's pickup prompt.");
createTooltip("adsTransBlendTime","Time it will take to blend into full ADS, including Depth of Field.");
createtooltip("aimAssistRangeAds","If the enemy is within this range then aim assist will snap to the enemy when you ADS.")'
createtooltip("aimAssistRange","If the enemy is withing this range then aimassist will snap to the enemy.")
createtooltip("autoAimRange","If the enemy if within this range then the camera will automatically turn towards an enemy.")
createtooltip("adsRechamberAnim","View-model animation for rechambering a bolt-action weapon while ADS. Requires 'rechamberWhileADS' to be check to allow the animation to play.")
createtooltip("emptyIdleAnim","View-model idle animation while the gun's magazine/clip is empty. Usually used in pistols to keep the slide locked back.")
createtooltip("adsLastShotAnim","View-model animation. This is the animation played when the last-shot in the magazine/clip is fired.")
createtooltip("fireAnim","View-model animation of the gun firing, from the hip.")
createtooltip("reloadEmptyAnim","View-model animation of a reload, while the gun's magazine/clip is empty.")
createtooltip("reloadStartAnim","View-model animation to start a reload for shot-guns and weapons where the weapon is loaded by 1 shot at a time. Used when the reload animation is a loop.")
createtooltip("emptyRaiseAnim","View-model animation shown when switching to the gun. Usually used in pistols to keep the slide locked back.")
createtooltip("reloadEndAnim","View-model animation to end a reload for shot-guns and weapons where the weapon is loaded by 1 shot at a time. Used when the reload animation is a loop.")
createtooltip("quickDropAnim","View-model animation shown when swapping to another weapon or holstering their weapons. This is a fast version of the animation used for special purposes.")
createtooltip("raiseAnim","View-model animation shown when swapping to the weapon normally.")
createtooltip("quickRaiseAnim","View-model animation shown when swapping to the weapon. A fast variant of the animation, used for special purposes.")
createtooltip("dropAnim","View-model animation shown when swapping to another weapon or holstering their weapons.")
createtooltip("altDropAnim","View-model animation shown when swapping to another weapon or holstering their weapons, alternate variant of the for special purposes. Usually the same as dropAnim.")
createtooltip("altRaiseAnim","View-model animation shown when swapping to the weapon, alternate variant of the animation for special purposes. Usually the same as raiseAnim.")
createtooltip("nightVisionRemoveSoundPlayer","Sound played when the player takes off night-vision. No effect in COD5.")
createtooltip("nightVisionRemoveSound","Sound played when night-vision is taken off for AI and other players. No effect in COD5.")
createtooltip("nightVisionWearSoundPlayer","Sound looped for the player when night-vision is equipped. No effect in COD5.")
createtooltip("nightVisionWearSound","Sound looped when night-vision is equipped for AI and other players. No effect in COD5.")
createtooltip("raiseSoundPlayer","Sound played when weapon is equipped by the player. Accompanies raiseAnim.")
createtooltip("raiseSound","Sound played when the weapon is equipped by AI or other players.")
createtooltip("meleeSwipeSoundPlayer","Sound played when the player melees with this weapon equipped.")
createtooltip("meleeSwipeSound","Sound played when AI or other players melee with this weapon equipped.")
createtooltip("lockonAimRangeAds","If the enemy is within this range then the camera will automatically track them while ADS".)
createtooltip("lockonAimRange","If the enemy is within this range then the camera will automatically track them.")
createtooltip("slowdownAimRangeAds","If the enemy is within this range then the look sensitivity will decrease to allow the player in ADS more precision when enemies are close-up.")
createtooltip("slowdownAimRange","If the enemy is within this range then the look sensitivity will decrease to allow for more precision when enemies are close-up.")
createtooltip("hipDofEnd","The end of Depth-of-Field effect's range when in hip-view.")
createtooltip("hipDofStart","The start of the Depth-of-Field effect's range when in hip-view.")
createtooltip("stickiness","Sticking mode for the 'grenade' fired, whether it sticks to all, ground, or doesn't stick.")
createtooltip("aiFuseTime","Length of time until the fired 'grenade' from an AI using this weapon explodes.")
createtooltip("fuseTime","Length of time until the fired 'grenade' from any player using this weapon explodes.")
createtooltip("detonateDelay","Time after the fuse is completed until the 'grenade' actually explodes.")
createtooltip("timedDetonation","Whether or not the 'grenade's' detonator is on a timer.")
createtooltip("freezeMovementWhenFiring","Whether or not the player will be forced to stay still while the weapon is firing the 'grenade'.")
createtooltip("projExplosionSound","Sound to play when the time on the 'grenade' expires and it explodes.")
createtooltip("projExplosionEffect","The FX to play when the time on the 'grenade' expires and it explodes")
createtooltip("projExplosionType","What type of explosion or effect the 'grenade' has when it explodes/detonates.")
createtooltip("projectileSpeed","How fast the 'grenade' flies through the air after it is 'fired'.")
createtooltip("explosionRadius","Radius of the explosion when the 'grenade's' detonation timer is finished.")
createtooltip("explosionOuterDamage","Damage dealt to players and AI when on the outside of the explosion.")
createtooltip("explosionInnerDamage","Damage dealt to players and AI when they are inside the explosion radius.")
createtooltip("projImpactExplode","Whether or not the 'grenade' explodes on impact with a surface.")
createtooltip("lastShotEjectEffect","The third-person effect of the shell ejecting from the gun when the last shot from the magazine/clip is fired.")
createtooltip("shellEjectEffect","The third-person effect of the shell ejecting from the gun when shot.")
createtooltip("bounceSound","Sound when the 'projectile' hits or bounces off of a surface.")
Will probably do more later, I couldn't find all of them in the Weapon Editor's search, unless I was really sure of what they were I didn't include them. If you need me to redo any of them, just ask.
Post by: treminaor on January 07, 2014, 01:30:05 am
Treminaor, that avatar is amazing. Most of the follow I'm sure of, but double-check the aim-assist ones.
Isn't it? Not sure if you saw my "Personal Text" below it, but it goes with the picture  :lol:

Will probably do more later, I couldn't find all of them in the Weapon Editor's search, unless I was really sure of what they were I didn't include them. If you need me to redo any of them, just ask.
All 52 accepted, $2.60USD added to your total, which is now $4.10USD.

If you can't find them by their exact name, make a list of them and I will tell you which ones they are.

94 tooltips remaining, the list on page 2 has been updated.
Post by: RamboBadass on January 07, 2014, 04:48:10 am
omg that is so damn funny lmao thats so perfect trem
Post by: DeletedUser on January 07, 2014, 06:15:47 am
Just a simple side note: all CoD4 nightvision stuff (except sounds I think) has no effect in MP.
And that avatar trem, that's the same way I react when I finally get a custom animated gun in, fix the fx limit, get a script to work after so many script errors and stuff. :D
Post by: mrpeanut188 on January 10, 2014, 12:06:21 am
Trem, I have a question for you.
Will people be able to create custom Akimbo weapons for UGX Mod 1.1 using this tool?
Post by: treminaor on January 10, 2014, 12:08:01 am
Trem, I have a question for you.
Will people be able to create custom Akimbo weapons for UGX Mod 1.1 using this tool?
It involves much more than weaponfile settings, but yes they should be able to copy our code  as a template to add more akimbo weapons. Instructions will be made for this as well as a shitload other things involving UGX Mod after the v1.1 release.

Any more tooltips?  :cute:
Post by: DeletedUser on January 10, 2014, 06:18:48 am
I'm tired trem gimme a break.
Post by: BluntStuffy on January 11, 2014, 09:44:27 pm
I tried canging a projectile weapon to a bullet weapon. I added the mindamage and mindamagerange value's in the program and saved the file (after i made some more changes). The file overwrite was succesfull and the changes i made had effect. However the mindamage and mindamagerange value's weren't added to the weaponfile (don't know if i removed them myself before, or that projectile weapons don't have them at all to begin with. It was however a weaponfile i previously modded in notepad). After i added the value's manual in notepad, i was able to edit them succesfull with the program..
Don't know if this is a known bug, or that it has to do with the weaponfile's being edited before and perhaps had a unusual setup. i tried 3 times with 2 different weapons. same result each time..
Post by: treminaor on January 11, 2014, 11:37:09 pm
I tried canging a projectile weapon to a bullet weapon. I added the mindamage and mindamagerange value's in the program and saved the file (after i made some more changes). The file overwrite was succesfull and the changes i made had effect. However the mindamage and mindamagerange value's weren't added to the weaponfile (don't know if i removed them myself before, or that projectile weapons don't have them at all to begin with. It was however a weaponfile i previously modded in notepad). After i added the value's manual in notepad, i was able to edit them succesfull with the program..
Don't know if this is a known bug, or that it has to do with the weaponfile's being edited before and perhaps had a unusual setup. i tried 3 times with 2 different weapons. same result each time..
You were in Advancd Mode, right?
Post by: BluntStuffy on January 11, 2014, 11:40:48 pm
You were in Advancd Mode, right?
Yes
Post by: treminaor on January 12, 2014, 05:37:53 am
Yes
minDamage and minDamageRange are not specific to projectileWeapons, they are present in bulletWeapons as well. Are you sure you can repeat this bug? If so I will need a specific list of your steps as well as the weaponFile(s) you are testing with.
Post by: BluntStuffy on January 12, 2014, 08:34:20 am
minDamage and minDamageRange are not specific to projectileWeapons, they are present in bulletWeapons as well. Are you sure you can repeat this bug? If so I will need a specific list of your steps as well as the weaponFile(s) you are testing with.

I'll send you a PM with a video of the step's i've taken and the weapon file i did it with..
Post by: treminaor on January 12, 2014, 08:58:29 am
I'll send you a PM with a video of the step's i've taken and the weapon file i did it with..
I am able to reproduce this bug not only with your weaponFile but with any others as well, thank you for reporting it. I will figure out what's wrong and include the fix in the coming update.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.9.6 BETA
Post by: treminaor on January 12, 2014, 09:20:59 am
v0.9.6 has been released, download link has been updated.

v0.9.6 Changelog:
 - Fixed a bug where "Advanced Mode" was not adding newly-activated settings to the outputted weaponFile.
 - Added "Convert to CoD5" button. You can convert BO1 weaponFiles to CoD5 format for direct use in the game! Now there is no excuse for lazy BO1 weapon stats porting ;)
 - Added even more tooltips (thanks to those who contributed thusfar!).
Post by: treminaor on January 18, 2014, 08:09:39 pm
Has anyone tried using the Convert to BO1 button yet?
Post by: DeletedUser on January 18, 2014, 09:12:17 pm
Haven't installed BO1 on my laptop yet. I nearly forgot that I have the other PC xD
Post by: RamboBadass on February 22, 2014, 02:17:21 am
does it convert from bo1 or just the file after porting?
Post by: treminaor on February 22, 2014, 03:12:03 am
does it convert from bo1 or just the file after porting?
You open a BO1 weaponFile and press the button. Then you save the file. The saved file will work in WaW and have same settings and stats that it had in BO1.
Post by: RamboBadass on February 22, 2014, 06:14:20 am
You open a BO1 weaponFile and press the button. Then you save the file. The saved file will work in WaW and have same settings and stats that it had in BO1.

ok cool ill give it a try thx
Post by: deikaeus on February 26, 2014, 10:55:01 pm
does this require anything please reply thanks
Post by: treminaor on February 26, 2014, 10:55:30 pm
does this require anything please reply thanks
...like what?
Post by: deikaeus on March 04, 2014, 01:18:43 am
like any program for it to like, like i don't know... radiant
Post by: treminaor on March 04, 2014, 01:19:44 am
like any program for it to like, like i don't know... radiant
No... Radiant is for mapping. This doesn't require any external programs.
Post by: RamboBadass on March 04, 2014, 07:33:02 pm
Trem im having and issue were it will not allow me to save files do you know what I can do about this
[2:09:28 PM] Could not write to the file. Ensure that the file is not open in another program
its deff not open anywere .... only thing open on my computer is the weapon editor ....
Post by: treminaor on March 04, 2014, 07:43:18 pm
Trem im having and issue were it will not allow me to save files do you know what I can do about this its deff not open anywere .... only thing open on my computer is the weapon editor ....
Does it have write privileges for the directory? i.e. is it running as Administrator?
Post by: RamboBadass on March 04, 2014, 08:03:08 pm
as far as I can tell from this screen shot yes has permission for any dir.

(http://i.imgur.com/4HrqBUl.png)

I just gave it the admin privilege (middle pic)and I cant load guns into it any more

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 08:18:26 pm
by the way it is only happening with 4 specific gun files

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 08:18:52 pm
that iv noticed
Post by: treminaor on March 04, 2014, 11:04:06 pm
as far as I can tell from this screen shot yes has permission for any dir.

(http://i.imgur.com/4HrqBUl.png)

I just gave it the admin privilege (middle pic)and I cant load guns into it any more

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 08:18:26 pm
by the way it is only happening with 4 specific gun files

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 08:18:52 pm
that iv noticed
Restart your computer and try again with the 4 files, im pretty convinced you had them open somewhere else and even through the programs are all closed the processes might still be running. Either that or theres a bug in the WeaponsEditor - so I need to know if restarting fixes it.
Post by: RamboBadass on March 04, 2014, 11:10:41 pm
Aleight. Il try really fast brb

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 11:19:32 pm
No luck :( ..... do i need the editor in the cod root folder? I have it on the desktop does that make a diff.
Post by: treminaor on March 05, 2014, 01:41:08 am
Aleight. Il try really fast brb

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 11:19:32 pm
No luck :( ..... do i need the editor in the cod root folder? I have it on the desktop does that make a diff.
No. But the folder you are saving to needs to be writable.
Post by: RamboBadass on March 05, 2014, 01:41:38 am
No. But the folder you are saving to needs to be writable.

il check it
iv changed every folder from the root to weapons/sp in my mod (unticked read only) ...... still happens 
I donno hwat else it could be other guns edit and save just fine

Post by: treminaor on March 05, 2014, 03:01:00 am
il check it
iv changed every folder from the root to weapons/sp in my mod (unticked read only) ...... still happens 
I donno hwat else it could be other guns edit and save just fine
What files aren't working?
Post by: RamboBadass on March 05, 2014, 03:13:42 am
Can i private message you with the 2 files That I'm trying to keep private
Post by: treminaor on March 05, 2014, 03:18:23 am
Can i private message you with the 2 files That I'm trying to keep private
Yes.
Post by: RamboBadass on March 05, 2014, 03:26:43 am
thank you uploading now

Post Merge: March 05, 2014, 04:01:58 am
sent
Post by: treminaor on March 05, 2014, 04:26:15 am
The issue turned out to be that the file he was trying to load was corrupt - doesn't seem to be a program issue.
Post by: RamboBadass on March 05, 2014, 04:39:53 am
The issue turned out to be that the file he was trying to load was corrupt - doesn't seem to be a program issue.
+ respect .... yet again Trem thank you for your time
Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2014, 07:58:10 am
As a reminder to everyone who helped with the toolTips - I have not forgotten about your PayPal totals. Still waiting for the rest of the toolTip submissions before I make any payouts so that anyone who continues to contribute does not need to be paid twice (and would avoid paying extra fees).

v0.9.7 update is in progress, should be ready soon.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.9.7 BETA
Post by: treminaor on March 13, 2014, 01:02:51 am
v0.9.7 is released. Those of you running older versions should get an update notification. The link in the OP has been updated to the latest version.

Changelog for v0.9.7:
 - Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the first line of notetrackSoundMap to be placed out of order in the output file.
 - Added a menuStrip to the program to access all of the same functionality you can access with the buttons on the right side of the program and more.
 - Added key shortcuts for Open, Save, and Save As (see File menu for more info).
 - Added folder browse dialog in File menu for anyone who doesn't like to drag-and-drop.
 - Added a clickable list of your 5 most recently opened files in the File menu for easy access. You can also use your number keys to invoke the numbered list.
 - Added support for converting BO1 projectileWeapons correctly by removing even more BO1-only settings from them.
 - Fixed a bug where if a converted BO1 weapon had no notetrackSoundMap, Launcher might complain that the file exceeded maximum length.
 - Added an About dialog with important links and a UGX donate button.
 - Added registry repair pop-up if CoDWaW installation cannot be located.
 - Added "Are you Sure?" confirmation dialog when overwriting the opened file - there is a checkbox if you want to save your response for future, which you can reset in the Tools menu.
 - Added identifier text for what CoD version the weaponFile is recognized as (CoD4/5, BO1, N/A).
 - "Stick to ground, maintain yaw" typo fixed in Stickiness dropdown for grenadeWeapons.
 - Added "briefcase" to playerAnimType list.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/ShareX/2014-03/UGX_WeaponsEditor%2B%2B_v0.9.7_BETA_2014-03-12_19-40-10.png)
Post by: treminaor on March 13, 2014, 03:53:11 am
Just noticed there was a small issue with the "are you sure" preference not being saved - fixed and reuploaded. Didn't want to outshine this super long changelog with a one-line 0.9.7.1 Changelog which fixed one bug lol.

If you already downloaded the new version, just download it again.
Post by: zombie madness on March 16, 2014, 02:12:58 am
i added in cross aire for the dragunov from black ops 1 and it deleted half of the weapon file it deleted the world model, view model, anims, everything apart from the sound was gone i have to redo everything 
Post by: treminaor on March 16, 2014, 02:15:02 am
i added in cross aire for the dragunov from black ops 1 and it deleted half of the weapon file it deleted the world model, view model, anims, everything apart from the sound was gone i have to redo everything
This is a beta program which even has a warning about overwriting files which you do not have backups of - so don't be mad at me for your own negligence  :P

Adding a crosshair setting is the same as adding any other setting to the file, so that's irrelevant. Were you converting a stock BO1 dragunov? Did you save the converted dragonov before you tried to change more settings? I need more information to track down the issue.
Post by: zombie madness on March 16, 2014, 03:54:16 am
This is a beta program which even has a warning about overwriting files which you do not have backups of - so don't be mad at me for your own negligence  :P

Adding a crosshair setting is the same as adding any other setting to the file, so that's irrelevant. Were you converting a stock BO1 dragunov? Did you save the converted dragonov before you tried to change more settings? I need more information to track down the issue.
i hade a backup of the file ;) everything was waw ready all i hade to do was just add in a crosshair when i had a look at the hud tab it was all empty so i hade a look at the weapon file from the ptrs (using the weapon editer) and just copyed from 1 and implemented it into the other i clicked save on the 1 i was editing went in game and gun wasnt in the list when i did give all i typed it in the console manually and no sign of weapon i checked my dlc3_code.gsc and _zombiemode_weapons.gsc all was good then i opened the dragunov weapon file in notepad++ and half of the weapon file had just gone been deleted...... and im not mad :) i like the fact that this is even possible and that someone is doing something to make people's work a lot easer :)
Post by: daedra descent on March 16, 2014, 04:50:37 am
i hade a backup of the file ;) everything was waw ready all i hade to do was just add in a crosshair when i had a look at the hud tab it was all empty so i hade a look at the weapon file from the ptrs (using the weapon editer) and just copyed from 1 and implemented it into the other i clicked save on the 1 i was editing went in game and gun wasnt in the list when i did give all i typed it in the console manually and no sign of weapon i checked my dlc3_code.gsc and _zombiemode_weapons.gsc all was good then i opened the dragunov weapon file in notepad++ and half of the weapon file had just gone been deleted...... and im not mad :) i like the fact that this is even possible and that someone is doing something to make people's work a lot easer :)

You need to include the weaponfile in MAPNAME.csv and any other assets associated with it. The console will tell you which assets you need to include.
Post by: Rollonmath42 on March 19, 2014, 11:12:40 pm
Kden, 35 Tool Tips.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTip("offhandClassT", "Sets an appropiate class for the type of offhand weapon [Example: Frag Grenade].");
createTip("altSwitchSoundPlayerT", "Sound alias played when the player switches to the alternate weapon in 1st person.");
createTip("altSwitchSoundT", "Sound alias played when the player switches to the alternate weapon in 3rd person.");
createTip("explosionRadiusMinT", "Minimum amount of units away an object has to be from the projectile to be affected.");
createTip("detonateSoundPlayerT", "Sound alias played when a player detonates a weapon in 1st person [Example: The click used for the C4 in CoD4 in 1st person].");
createTip("detonateSoundT", "Sound alias played when a player detonates a weapon in 3rd person [Example: The click used for the C4 in CoD4 in 3rd person].");
createTip("pullbackSoundPlayerT", "Sound alias played when a player pulls the offhand weapon back in 1st person [Example: Player pulling the pin of a grenade in 1st person].");
createTip("pullbackSoundT", "Sound alias played when a player pulls the offhand weapon back in 3rd person [Example: Player pulling the pin of a grenade in 3rd person].");
createTip("holdFireTimeT", "Amount of time in seconds that is used for how long the hold-fire animation is played for.");
createTip("detonateAnimT", "Animation used when a player activates a weapon [Example: Player activating C4 in CoD4].");
createTip("holdFireAnimT", "Animation used when a player pulls out an offhand weapon.");
createTip("hasDetonatorC", "If checked, detonator animations will play when the player presses the detonate button, and a "detonate" notify will occur on the player in script.");
createTip("tagFlash_preparationEffectT", "Name of an effect that is attached to tag_flash and plays at the start of the hold-fire animation.");
createTip("tagFx_preparationEffectT", "Name of an effect that is attached to tag_fx and plays at the start of the hold-fire animation.");
createTip("adsZoomGunFovT", "Field of view when aiming down sights.");
createTip("isHandModelOverridableC", "If checked, then the hand model can be updated from the script.");
createTip("projDudSoundT", "Sound alias the projectile will play when it impacts before the Activate Distance is reached.");
createTip("projDudEffectT", "Name of an effect that will play if the projectile collides with an object before the Activate Distance is reached.");
createTip("projectileLifetimeT", "Amount of time in seconds after which the projectile will explode in teh air, if it hasn't hit anything yet.");
createTip("guidedMissleTypeT", "Type of missle that determines how the projectile will react when fired.");
createTip("destabilizeDistanceT", "Maximum amount of units the projectile goes before becoming unstable.");
createTip("destabilizationCurvatureMaxT", "The maximum curvature in degrees per second when projectile becomes unstable.");
createTip("destabilizationRateTimeT", "The time in seconds between 'instability' course changes.");
createTip("projectileDLightT", "Set the radius in inches of the light to follow the projectile.");
createTip("projectileRedT", "Sets the red value of the dynamic light [0-255].");
createTip("projectileGreenT", "Sets the green value of the dynamic light [0-255].");
createTip("projectileBlueT", "Sets the blue value of the dynamic light [0-255].");
createTip("projIgnitionDelayT", "Amount of time in seconds for how long after launch to wait for the rocket to ignite.");
createTip("projIgnitionEffectT", "Name of an effect that is played when a projectile first ignites.");
createTip("projIgnitionSoundT", "Sound alias played when the projectile is ignited.");
createTip("projectileSoundT", "Sound alias played when a projectile is in motion.");
createTip("stopFireSoundPlayerT", "Sound alias played when a weapon is no longer firing in 1st player [Example: Sound when you stop firing the Minigun in 1st person in BO1].");
createTip("stopFireSoundT", "Sound alias played when a weapon is no longer firing in 3rd player [Example: Sound when you stop firing the Minigun in 3rd person in BO1].");
createTip("loopFireSoundPlayerT", "Sound alias played when a weapon is being fired continuously in 1st player [Example: Sound when you are firing the Minigun continuously in 1st person in BO1].");
createTip("loopFireSoundT", "Sound alias played when a weapon is being fired continuously in 3rd player [Example: Sound when you are firing the Minigun continuously in 3rd person in BO1].");
Post by: treminaor on March 19, 2014, 11:32:34 pm
Kden, 35 Tool Tips.
Thanks!

All 35 tips accepted, $1.75 USD.

Totals from other users:
mrpeanut188: $4.10 USD
Ray1325: $1 USD
daedra descent: $0.55 USD

59 tooltips remaining:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
adsOverlayInterface has no tooltip!
adsOverlayHeight has no tooltip!
adsOverlayWidth has no tooltip!
dpadIconRatio has no tooltip!
ammoCounterIcon has no tooltip!
dpadIcon has no tooltip!
breakdownAnim has no tooltip!
emptyDropAnim has no tooltip!
crackSound has no tooltip!
modeIconRatio has no tooltip!
modeIcon has no tooltip!

gasWeapon tab:
noteTrackSoundD has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundC has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundB has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundA has no tooltip!
wideKillIcon has no tooltip!
wideListIcon has no tooltip!
damageInterval has no tooltip!
damageDuration has no tooltip!
sharedAmmoCapName has no tooltip!
cookOffHold has no tooltip!

grenadeWeapon tab:
sharedAmmoCap has no tooltip!
rotate has no tooltip!
projExplosionEffectForceNormalUp has no tooltip!
projectileActivateDist has no tooltip!
projectileSpeedForward has no tooltip!
projectileSpeedUp has no tooltip!
damageConeAngle has no tooltip!
noDropsOrRaises has no tooltip!
maxSteeringAccel has no tooltip!
reloadShowRocketTime has no tooltip!

projectileWeapon tab:
clipOnly has no tooltip!
aimPadding has no tooltip!
dropHintString has no tooltip!
playerPositionDist has no tooltip!
rotateLoopSoundPlayer has no tooltip!
rotateLoopSound has no tooltip!
minPlayerDamage has no tooltip!
script has no tooltip!
vertViewJitter has no tooltip!
horizViewJitter has no tooltip!
suppressionTime has no tooltip!
yawConvergenceTime has no tooltip!
pitchConvergenceTime has no tooltip!
maxVertTurnSpeed has no tooltip!
maxHorTurnSpeed has no tooltip!
minVertTurnSpeed has no tooltip!
minHorTurnSpeed has no tooltip!
animHorRotateInc has no tooltip!
playerSpread has no tooltip!
aiSpread has no tooltip!
accuracy has no tooltip!

turretWeapon tab:
grabarc has no tooltip!
bottomArc has no tooltip!
rightArc has no tooltip!
topArc has no tooltip!
leftArc has no tooltip!
stance has no tooltip!
Post by: IHammY/ on March 23, 2014, 11:54:56 am
Hey trem,
I just ported the olympia from bo1 and noticed to issues:
1st: i am unable to set the knifemoddel its standartly set to no moddel at all
2nd: i cannot change the zoom fov. The line in the weapon editor is blanc but it says 50 if i open the weaponfile. changing it there doesnt seem to work tho
Post by: RamboBadass on March 23, 2014, 12:03:28 pm
as trem told me once before open 2 weap editors one with the bo file and one with a waw shotgun copy the stats over from the bo gun. then hit save as and rename it to the weapon u need

or I can do it ... pm me
Post by: treminaor on March 23, 2014, 12:11:58 pm
Hey trem,
I just ported the olympia from bo1 and noticed to issues:
1st: i am unable to set the knifemoddel its standartly set to no moddel at all
2nd: i cannot change the zoom fov. The line in the weapon editor is blank but it says 50 if i open the weaponfile. changing it there doesn't seem to work tho
1: Check the box for "Advanced Mode" to enable the disabled text fields.
2: The BO1 guns have different names for their Zoom FOV. You will need to figure it out by looking at the file, then input it manually using Advanced Mode.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.9.8 BETA
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 07:38:53 am
v0.9.8 is released. Those of you running older versions should get an update notification. The link in the OP has been updated to the latest version.

Post by: spyguts97 on April 18, 2014, 08:00:59 am
v0.9.8 is released. Those of you running older versions should get an update notification. The link in the OP has been updated to the latest version.

• v0.9.8:
     - Hopefully fixed the bug where the program saved "notetrackSoundMap" at the end of the hideTags, causing Launcher to complain about exceeding 8 > 8 hidetags and breaking the noterack sounds ingame.
     - Fixed possible unhandled exception when loading a weaponFile which has no hideTags line: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
     - Added "turret" to weaponClass list.

I think this "fix" made the notetrackSoundMap thing worse. It's pretty much unusable at the moment because this happens even when I just load the weapon file and not saving it. Weapon ingame has all attachments, when normally I hideTags. It seems the tags all move to the notetrackSoundMap box. And sounds disappear too.
So please change back or maybe reupload the previous version (I overwrited it when downloading).

Thanks.
Post by: gympie6 on April 18, 2014, 12:01:19 pm
I notice all hidentags and Notetracks are removed when using the new Weapons Editor, There is not possibillity to write or paste something there.... :fuuu:
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 04:53:21 pm
I need to know what you guys are opening with it because I am not experiencing these issues - which is why I released the update. I can open a file, change its settings, and save it again - the hidetagas and notetracks stay in-tact.
Post by: spyguts97 on April 18, 2014, 05:58:10 pm
I need to know what you guys are opening with it because I am not experiencing these issues - which is why I released the update. I can open a file, change its settings, and save it again - the hidetagas and notetracks stay in-tact.

Here's a Thompson Bigammo weapon file opened in notepad++
(http://i61.tinypic.com/2rpv9ya.png)

After dragging it to WeaponsEditor++, here are the hideTags. As shown here, some hideTags are missing.
(http://i60.tinypic.com/2nvdrc.png)

They are moved here now, and notice the extra "notetrackSoundMap" line in there. There will be two of those lines in the file if you save it like that.
(http://i58.tinypic.com/20j5tw4.png)

I think the error lies in the formatting of the file. If you take a look in the original weapon file, the second tag is on the next line. I don't think this error occurs if you organize the tags by using spaces and not pressing Enter on the keyboard to separate tags line by line. So what I think the program is doing is that it doesn't see "notetrackSoundMap" after the first line of "hideTags" so it assumes the weapon file does not have the notetrackSoundMap in it. Therefore, it adds that extra line in there.

Hope this clears up the error.
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 06:02:28 pm
I am aware of that issue because it is what I noticed the first time around. I have no problems editing files which only have a single hideTags line so I will have to start testing with some MP weapons that have multiple hideTag lines.
Post by: gympie6 on April 20, 2014, 10:46:19 am
I am aware of that issue because it is what I noticed the first time around. I have no problems editing files which only have a single hideTags line so I will have to start testing with some MP weapons that have multiple hideTag lines.

I have notice a new bug,
After editing the weaponfile, saving the weaponfile. When you reload the same weaponfile all hidentags and notetracks disapear and not possible to edit. I hope I can download the older version somewhere because the new one is strange. :(
Post by: treminaor on April 20, 2014, 06:28:54 pm
I have notice a new bug,
After editing the weaponfile, saving the weaponfile. When you reload the same weaponfile all hidentags and notetracks disapear and not possible to edit. I hope I can download the older version somewhere because the new one is strange. :(
That only happens with multiline hidetags. Look, I'm sorry that the hidetags issue is seemingly worse than before but there is a reason why the word "beta" is on the end of the program version. I'll try to fix it when I have time.
Post by: RamboBadass on April 20, 2014, 06:49:17 pm
Thats the beauty of a beta. I think ur doing a great job on it man.
Post by: gympie6 on April 23, 2014, 03:04:47 pm
Thats the beauty of a beta. I think ur doing a great job on it man.

Sure, I love that WeaponEditor!
Only that tiny bug, And the rest is Very Great Job!  :)
Post by: treminaor on May 04, 2014, 03:58:02 am
v0.9.9 should be released soon. I haven't had any time to work on the program lately but I found some time today and I think everything to do with hideTags/notetrackSoundMap is fixed. I also added two new features - going to have some guys do a short bit of internal testing before releasing the update to make sure there are no obvious file-breaking issues like last time...
Post by: RamboBadass on May 04, 2014, 05:53:03 am
Need tester let me know.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v0.9.9 BETA
Post by: treminaor on May 11, 2014, 05:23:17 am
New update released, existing users will get a notification and the link in the OP has been updated.

v0.9.9:
 - Yet another attempt at fixing some massively annoying bugs related to notetrackSoundMap and hideTags which caused the editor to sometimes save files which were formatted incorrectly (sorry!).
 - The program will now add files saved using Save As to the recent files list on the open menu.
 - The program will now ask you if you wish to open the new files you just saved if you used "Save As". Your choice can be saved if you check the "Do Not Ask" checbox.
Post by: gympie6 on May 13, 2014, 06:33:33 am
Hey Terminator,

Thank you very much for your update, it works awesome!!
editing weapons goes perfect!  :)
Post by: SajeOne on May 13, 2014, 04:08:16 pm
Hey Terminator,

If you want a tip for your update, I have a idea..

Is there a possibility to write on places where the code doesn't exists?
To add code on places where it isn't possible.
Just a example, I want to make a flamethrower pistol. I need to open the weaponfile with wordpad
and then edit that... it's a idea, it's not necessary. (more detail later, I will add a screenshot)
I think what you are trying to do can be achieved by using "Advanced Mode" in the application.
Post by: gympie6 on May 15, 2014, 10:17:06 am
I think what you are trying to do can be achieved by using "Advanced Mode" in the application.

Jep, I didn't notice that option, sorry..
Post by: treminaor on May 15, 2014, 09:45:10 pm
Yay! Glad to hear I didn't break anything this time  :please:
Post by: RamboBadass on May 15, 2014, 10:34:29 pm
Yay! Glad to hear I didn't break anything this time  :please:
lol good work trem
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 02:58:09 am
Its so weird.. I cant drag my weapons file onto there.... http://gyazo.com/e310550964c7db5d75d4df39ac9f4190 (http://gyazo.com/e310550964c7db5d75d4df39ac9f4190)
It is run as admin and still...
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 03:01:51 am
Its so weird.. I cant drag my weapons file onto there.... http://gyazo.com/e310550964c7db5d75d4df39ac9f4190 (http://gyazo.com/e310550964c7db5d75d4df39ac9f4190)
Tried File-> open?
Post by: pashan on July 02, 2014, 03:03:02 am

im not sure. But it may not work if it is a .txt

I may be wrong.

someone let me know if im right.
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 03:16:46 am
Yeah the file you are dragging must be a real weaponfile with no file extension.
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 03:42:43 am
It has no extension. .. My friend tried it out with the EXACT same file... I sent it to him. SO there must be something wrong with the program..

If You could in the V1 make a , Load File type of thing other then dragging.. Then that would be awesome  :nyan:
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 03:52:56 am
It has no extension. .. My friend tried it out with the EXACT same file... I sent it to him. SO there must be something wrong with the program..
Send it to me...
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 03:54:05 am
Ok I sent you a PM with link
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 04:13:16 am
Ok I sent you a PM with link
It dropped right in with no issues.
(http://i.imgur.com/WF2ilkx.png)
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 04:24:17 am
Yea exactly! Thats why i said i had my friend try it and it worked for him too...
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 04:25:39 am
Yea exactly! Thats why i said i had my friend try it and it worked for him too...
If you can't drop the file then your OS isnt giving your account permission to do filedropping.

Why haven't you tired Ctrl + O or using the File menu and clicking Open?
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 04:27:13 am
Doing that to the weapon file or the program?
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 04:39:07 am
Doing that to the weapon file or the program?
The WeaponsEditor has 3 different ways to open a file: Dragging it onto the box there, using the File -> Open menu, and pressing Ctrl + O in the WeaponsEditor.
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 04:40:29 am
Ok thanks! I will be sure to try that later on!  ;)
Post by: treminaor on July 02, 2014, 04:43:09 am
Ok thanks! I will be sure to try that later on!  ;)
Great, let me know how that goes :)
Post by: insanity3241 on July 02, 2014, 04:45:00 am
Ok thanks once again!  :)

Post Merge: July 02, 2014, 04:48:39 pm
Ok It worked... I didnt even see the file drop down in the corner xD. Many Thanks!:D
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 14, 2014, 10:49:47 pm
There is an option missing in the Type Specific -> ProjectileWeapon tab. This option will set the projectile speed. In the weaponfile, this can be set by:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
projectileSpeed\\
Can you add this option to the weaponseditor? I don't know if there are more options missing, but i just noticed this one.

Lukkie1998
Post by: treminaor on July 14, 2014, 10:52:04 pm
There is an option missing in the Type Specific -> ProjectileWeapon tab. This option will set the projectile speed. In the weaponfile, this can be set by:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
projectileSpeed\\
Can you add this option to the weaponseditor? I don't know if there are more options missing, but i just noticed this one.

Lukkie1998
It's not missing, it's a shared setting between grenadeWeapons and projectileWeapons. Use the search box on the right side of the program, it takes you right to settings like that - the setting can be found on the grenadeWeapons  tab in the rightmost column halfway down.
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 14, 2014, 10:55:34 pm
Oh sorry, I didn't know that the option was in another tab.

Lukkie1998
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 24, 2014, 11:19:02 pm
I'm sorry to answer on this topic again, but i found a bug which really annoys me.
When I grab a BO1 weaponfile - open it in the WeaponsEditor - press the "convert to cod5" button it converts everything fine. The only problem is, that the ADS Zoom FOV doesn't carry over from the BO1 file to the converted one. The program doesn't recognise the ADS Zoom FOV in the weaponfile. Could you try to fix this trem?

Lukkie1998
Post by: treminaor on July 24, 2014, 11:21:47 pm
I'm sorry to answer on this topic again, but i found a bug which really annoys me.
When I grab a BO1 weaponfile - open it in the WeaponsEditor - press the "convert to cod5" button it converts everything fine. The only problem is, that the ADS Zoom FOV doesn't carry over from the BO1 file to the converted one. The program doesn't recognise the ADS Zoom FOV in the weaponfile. Could you try to fix this trem?

Lukkie1998
I think I remember seeing that BO1 doesn't even use ADS Zoom FoV the same way WaW does, so there was no way for me to get the info correctly - could you take a look and tell me what exactly the BO1 setting is that should be brought to ADS Zoom FOV for WaW?
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 25, 2014, 12:48:56 am
I think I remember seeing that BO1 doesn't even use ADS Zoom FoV the same way WaW does, so there was no way for me to get the info correctly - could you take a look and tell me what exactly the BO1 setting is that should be brought to ADS Zoom FOV for WaW?

It is mentioned in the weaponfile 3 times:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
adsZoomFov1\50\adsZoomFov2\50\adsZoomFov3\50\
So it always uses the same FOV 3 times, but they are still the same.

Lukkie1998
Post by: treminaor on July 25, 2014, 03:38:37 am
It is mentioned in the weaponfile 3 times:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
adsZoomFov1\50\adsZoomFov2\50\adsZoomFov3\50\
So it always uses the same FOV 3 times, but they are still the same.

Lukkie1998
Have you checked a reasonable amount of weaponfiles to make sure those three values are always the same? because that seems oddly redundant to have 3 settings which are all the same. I think sniper rifles use different values..
Post by: SajeOne on July 25, 2014, 03:42:27 am
These settings are intended for variable zoom scopes used in the game. Only really used with sniper rifles, all other weapons generally have the same value for each ads setting. Would probably be best to always transfer the "adsZoomFov2" value as with regular weapons there will be no difference, and with sniper rifles you will get an averaged out FOV that would usually be set in a non-variable scoped sniper rifle.
Post by: treminaor on July 25, 2014, 06:02:27 am
These settings are intended for variable zoom scopes used in the game. Only really used with sniper rifles, all other weapons generally have the same value for each ads setting. Would probably be best to always transfer the "adsZoomFov2" value as with regular weapons there will be no difference, and with sniper rifles you will get an averaged out FOV that would usually be set in a non-variable scoped sniper rifle.
Alright, thank you for the clarification. I'll have it grab the adsZoomFov2 then.
Title: Re: [App] UGX WeaponsEditor++ v1.0.0
Post by: treminaor on July 25, 2014, 07:24:05 am
New version released! Link in OP is up to date, existing users on older versions will see an update notification.
v1.0.0:
 - Out of beta!
 - Fixed a bug where adsZoomFOV was not grabbed while doing BO1 weaponFile conversions. By default the program will now take adsZoomFov2 as the value for WaW's adsZoomFov. This will work fine for non-variable-zoom weapons, and variable-zoom weapons will import the middle zoom FOV.
 - Fixed a bug where entering a custom value to "playerAnimType" would not be saved to the weaponFile.
 - Added the name of the last edited setting to the "You have unsaved changes!" warning screen so that you know why you are seeing the message.
 - You can now drop files anywhere on the program instead of just in the drop zone.
 - You can now open a new instance of the program using the File menu.
 - You can now open the current file to a new instance of the program by using the File menu.
 - You can now open a weaponFile by dragging it onto the WeaponsEditor++.exe itself.
Post by: treminaor on July 25, 2014, 08:05:09 am
I meant to say that all values in 1 weaponfile are always the same. Sniper rifles have the same layout, only different values:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
 adsZoomFov1\20\adsZoomFov2\20\adsZoomFov3\20\

There are also weapons which use a 55 of 60 FOV, again matching the same template as above.

Lukkie1998
Yeah SajeOne pointed this out above, check out the latest update to the program that I released a couple hours ago :)
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 25, 2014, 08:08:13 am
Good, thanks Trem!

Lukkie1998
Post by: chromastone10 on July 25, 2014, 08:24:17 am
after updating every time I open the program it pops up a box that says "0" and I have to click ok before it opens :P
Post by: treminaor on July 25, 2014, 08:40:29 am
after updating every time I open the program it pops up a box that says "0" and I have to click ok before it opens :P
Oops, redownload ^^
Post by: Lukkie1998 on July 25, 2014, 08:41:52 am
I was just going to say that  ;D
Glad it's fixed

Lukkie1998
Post by: jacob_jub on August 25, 2014, 06:23:45 pm
Hi i am trying to edit a weapon using this but when i save none of the changes show up in game. Does this only work with UGX Mods/maps or something?
Post by: SajeOne on August 25, 2014, 07:16:59 pm
Hi i am trying to edit a weapon using this but when i save none of the changes show up in game. Does this only work with UGX Mods/maps or something?
The program works with any weapon file from COD4/COD5 or BO1. Ensure when saving that it shows it's been successfully saved in the bottom status strip of the program.
Post by: jacob_jub on August 25, 2014, 07:30:09 pm
It does. I even closed the program and reopen the same weapon file and all of my changes were saved they just dont show up in mp gameplay.
Post by: SajeOne on August 25, 2014, 07:38:20 pm
It does. I even closed the program and reopen the same weapon file and all of my changes were saved they just dont show up in mp gameplay.
If the program successfully saved the file and then upon reopen your changes still existed then this isn't a problem with the program and is therefore irrelevant to this thread. Feel free to post a topic in the help section with your issue.
Post by: HitmanVere on August 26, 2014, 04:16:06 pm

You didnt run it as admin, I got the same problem and I think thats the reason
Post by: treminaor on August 26, 2014, 05:07:52 pm
You didnt run it as admin, I got the same problem and I think thats the reason
No, because his changes were saved when he reopened the file to check it. His issue is likely not including the weaponFile into his mod correctly, which Saje already mentioned above.
Post by: HitmanVere on August 26, 2014, 05:34:20 pm
No, because his changes were saved when he reopened the file to check it. His issue is likely not including the weaponFile into his mod correctly, which Saje already mentioned above.

I had this same issue few hours ago. For some reason, when I didnt run as admin, it made some weird new weaponfile you couldnt see anywhere, meaning it didnt save one in mods and therefore not updating it
Post by: treminaor on August 26, 2014, 05:43:43 pm
I had this same issue few hours ago. For some reason, when I didnt run as admin, it made some weird new weaponfile you couldnt see anywhere, meaning it didnt save one in mods and therefore not updating it

Post by: HitmanVere on August 26, 2014, 05:45:18 pm

He should try to run it as admin, thats how I got it working
Post by: treminaor on August 26, 2014, 05:58:28 pm
He should try to run it as admin, thats how I got it working
If you read his reply (which I just quoted for the second time), the weaponfile was saved successfully. So there is nothing left to discuss with the program, the problem is related to taking his saved weaponfile and compiling it into the IWD properly for his map.
Post by: Metroman260 on August 26, 2014, 06:00:47 pm
I have a Favor, Can you make a copying attributes. That's all.  :)
Post by: HitmanVere on August 26, 2014, 06:02:22 pm
If you read his reply (which I just quoted for the second time), the weaponfile was saved successfully. So there is nothing left to discuss with the program, the problem is related to taking his saved weaponfile and compiling it into the IWD properly for his map.

Well, it saved for me also, but if you dont want to talk about this anymore, then fine

This program also has made my work easier, so I congratulate you for making this
Post by: treminaor on August 26, 2014, 06:13:59 pm
I have a Favor, Can you make a copying attributes. That's all.  :)
Huh?
Post by: Metroman260 on August 26, 2014, 06:37:13 pm
 :'( :'( :'(

http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty/downloads/call-of-duty-weaponfile-editor-by-shuffle (http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty/downloads/call-of-duty-weaponfile-editor-by-shuffle)
Post by: treminaor on August 26, 2014, 06:47:02 pm
:'( :'( :'(

http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty/downloads/call-of-duty-weaponfile-editor-by-shuffle (http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty/downloads/call-of-duty-weaponfile-editor-by-shuffle)
? Just open two instances of the program and you can have side by side comparison and copy/paste whatever you want from one to the other. There are even options to open a new instance of the program from the File menu.
Post by: Metroman260 on August 26, 2014, 06:50:26 pm
Did u click the EDIT & Copy numerical values
Post by: treminaor on August 26, 2014, 06:51:54 pm
Did u click the EDIT & Copy numerical values
I didn't even download the program, so no.
Post by: Metroman260 on August 26, 2014, 06:53:06 pm
Well try it  :D :D :D
Post by: HitmanVere on September 04, 2014, 02:58:48 pm
http://gyazo.com/0ae362e7746e87a95c730b110c78d3f5 (http://gyazo.com/0ae362e7746e87a95c730b110c78d3f5)

Everytime I open this one specific weaponfile, this comes up. Dont know why
Post by: treminaor on September 04, 2014, 05:18:27 pm
http://gyazo.com/0ae362e7746e87a95c730b110c78d3f5 (http://gyazo.com/0ae362e7746e87a95c730b110c78d3f5)

Everytime I open this one specific weaponfile, this comes up. Dont know why
Send me the file.
Post by: Lukkie1998 on November 23, 2014, 02:01:52 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Left Arm" should be "Left Hand"  :poker:

(http://i.gyazo.com/f327c09f734a01d7d5527e45782a535e.png)

Sorry for responding to this locked topic, seemed the easiest way to report it...

Lukkie1998
Title: Weapons Not Found
Post by: State of Insane on July 26, 2015, 06:47:11 pm
Hi. I just downloaded the Weapons Editor. One thing, I don't know exactly how to use it yet. Another thing, is I click the weapons button, and it said it cont be found. I'm new to this, I am sorry.  :rainbow:
Title: Re: Weapons Not Found
Post by: FinalKill9175 on April 03, 2016, 01:05:35 am
Hi. I just downloaded the Weapons Editor. One thing, I don't know exactly how to use it yet. Another thing, is I click the weapons button, and it said it cont be found. I'm new to this, I am sorry.  :rainbow:
This tool was made for mappers and scripters who want to change specific weapon stats/ port weapons  in an easier fashion. It requires the mod tools and a basic knowledge on how call of duty modding works to simply make every gun have infinite damage or super fast reloads. I believe your in the wrong place. Try looking for a mod menu
Post by: EAT13 on April 06, 2016, 04:40:51 am
Would there be a auto pap option for the gun? for example : automatically generate 'PaP' weapon statistics for the current gun your editing.
Post by: treminaor on April 06, 2016, 04:44:39 am
Would there be a auto pap option for the gun? for example : automatically generate 'PaP' weapon statistics for the current gun your editing.
I used to have a feature like that in a really old python-based version of this program but it was pretty shit. i don't recommend auto generating values, just make the PaP guns by hand.
Post by: nukewarfare17 on June 22, 2016, 10:19:56 pm
Apologies if this is commonly known, but is it possible I can take a custom xmodel_export from Blender, and convert all necessary files through AssMan, then edit a standing weapon file(say, for instance, Bazooka), and call those converted tables to use as the custom weapon?
If so, I've been unsuccessful; once I convert the xmodel, xanim, and material in AssMan, nothing happens. I cannot find my xmodel, etc. in the raw\ folders, so therefore I cannot add them to the standing weapon file.
Again apologies if this is simple enough for advanced users, but I have little experience for custom weapons. I have done only ports in my other private maps.