UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Topic started by: tdhadvocate on May 24, 2017, 01:36:18 am

Title: Mod Tools Update 21 UMBRA Hang-Up
Post by: tdhadvocate on May 24, 2017, 01:36:18 am
Whenever I am working with the Update 21 Mod Tools from today, there is no way to compile my maps. I have even tried creating a new ZM Mod Level from the tool and it all has the same issues. I will check Compile, Light, and Link like I always used to when trying to test changes to my level but they all provide the same debug log, hanging on the last line for a few minutes before the Build button returns from "Cancel" back to "Build". If anyone can provide some insight on what is causing this issue or how to fix it, please let me know as I do not really have the time to back up my maps, uninstall the tools, and then reinstall them. Thanks for any and all help!

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/gdtdb/gdtdb.exe /update

gdtDB: updating

processed (0 GDTs) (0 assets) in 1.557 sec

gdtDB: successfully updated database.

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/bin/cod2map64.exe -platform pc -navmesh -navvolume -loadFrom C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/map_source/zm/zm_testforcompiler.map C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/share/raw/maps/zm/zm_testforcompiler.d3dbsp

main: Enter

FPU Precision set to 64 bits
CoD2Map: T7
 Build Changelist: 2642364
 Build Machine: CODBUILD8-764
---- cod2map ----
navmesh = true
navvolume = full generation
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\devraw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\devdiscdata
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\devraw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\raw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\discdata
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\devdiscdata
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\devraw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\raw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\discdata
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\main
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\main
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\players
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\zone
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\local_storage
----------------------
Connected to data signature database
Loading map file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/map_source/zm/zm_testforcompiler.map
Layer '000_Global/No Comp' ignored

W
ARNING: Material 'jun_art_wood_plywood_dark03' is missing
WARNING: Material 'jun_art_wood_plywood_dark03' is missing
reveal volume decal texture 1x1, 9 bytes. 0 packed 0 unpacked. 0 voldecals.
restricting BSP to sky brushes

writing C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/share/raw/maps/zm/zm_testforcompiler.d3dprt

finding triangle windings...
assigning primary lights...
splitting windings into lightable areas...
coalescing coincident windings...
removing occluded winding fragments...
finding sun shadow casters...
splitting large windings...
merging into concave windings...
fixing t-junctions...
tethering holes to their concave windings...
finding index mapping and snapping vertices...
triangulating all windings...
0 self-tjunctions fixed
0 degenerate tris removed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
0 vertices couldn't be merged because the textures point different ways
emitting cells and portals...

building curve/terrain collision...
Adding brush neighbor bevels...
Removing redundant brush collision planes...
removed 4 brush sides
elapsed time 0 seconds
Finished processing world entity

Ignoring empty brush model entity
Map C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/map_source/zm/zm_testforcompiler.map entity 22
Ignoring empty brush model entity
Map C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/map_source/zm/zm_testforcompiler.map entity 24
splitting up large himip volumes...
    surfCount went from 9 to 14
begin navmesh generation...

Umbra Visibility Groups: 1 groups

<worldvisgroup>      0

Umbra Tome Triggers: 0 total

UMBRA smallest_occluder=72.000 small_hole=4.000

Double Post Merge: May 24, 2017, 02:00:52 am
Please watch this video. Appears to be the only fix known for the issue so far as it is apparently an issue with the Mod Tools. This video will help resolve this error and works for me. Hope this can help some others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YoOVJ3kms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YoOVJ3kms)
Title: Re: Mod Tools Update 21 UMBRA Hang-Up
Post by: Megadeth9811 on May 24, 2017, 04:35:38 am
I simply used MAKECENTS' launcher instead of Treyarch's. That fixed it for me.
Post by: Gunrock12 on May 24, 2017, 04:04:00 pm
yeah having the same problem also. the update broke the compile process!
Post by: tdhadvocate on May 25, 2017, 05:53:19 pm
I simply used MAKECENTS' launcher instead of Treyarch's. That fixed it for me.

yeah having the same problem also. the update broke the compile process!

MakeCents' launcher is what the video link at the bottom of the original post recommends that I edited on. There was an update to the tool today (5/25) that may have fixed the issue but I don't know for sure or not as I have not tested it yet.
Post by: Gunrock12 on May 25, 2017, 07:35:28 pm
The update fix the problem! all is well on the russian front for now :)
Post by: tdhadvocate on May 26, 2017, 03:17:28 pm
The update fix the problem! all is well on the russian front for now :)

I gave things a try last night myself and it appears that the update has fixed the issue for me as well. Still keeping MakeCents' launcher as a back up in case something like this happens again in the future.