UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Computer Tech => Topic started by: BioAftermath on December 11, 2013, 05:32:29 am

Title: What's the best headset for both an Xbox One AND a PC?
Post by: BioAftermath on December 11, 2013, 05:32:29 am
I am planning on getting an Xbox One in late May and I want to start picking out a headset now. I know it's early and more headsets will be released before that time, but I want to start looking now. I was looking at the Ear Force XO Four and Seven, but they're not compatible with PC. I need it to be able to use the Xbox One chat through the controller and the microphone cable through the PC. (For YouTube videos). They also have to be comfortable and no more than $150. Can some one help me out?   
Title: Re: What's the best headset for both an Xbox One AND a PC?
Post by: treminaor on December 11, 2013, 10:08:14 am
I don't know what kind of headphone setup the Xbox One has, but for Xbox 360/PC the best headset is the Astro A40 + Mixamp in my opinoin. I'm using mine daily and I've gone though various headsets from Seinnheiser and more, and these were still the most comfortable and best-sounding. About to get some PC360's in the mail to try out, but those are PC-only.
Post by: BioAftermath on December 12, 2013, 04:14:36 am
I don't know what kind of headphone setup the Xbox One has, but for Xbox 360/PC the best headset is the Astro A40 + Mixamp in my opinoin. I'm using mine daily and I've gone though various headsets from Seinnheiser and more, and these were still the most comfortable and best-sounding. About to get some PC360's in the mail to try out, but those are PC-only.
I have the Astro A50s, but I use them for my PC only, as I like to walk around while I watch YouTube videos and music, I don't like switching the MixAmp everytime from Xbox to PC, and the mic quality is bad on Xbox 360 since they had to design it only for the Xbox 360. No Astros have an Xbox One chat connector at the moment, but I might consider an Astro again, as long as the quality on the mic isn't bad on the Xbox One, and the mic win't do the same annoying thing when I'm recording my voice and when I stop talking my voice fades out and when I talk again it fades back in on the Astro A50s. When you record your videos, do you use the Astros A40s. I don't think you do, but the problem is the Xbox One chat quality. My friend has the A40s on Xbox and the chat sounds bad. I just need something that's comfortable (I'll settle for lower than the A50s), and is Xbox One and PC compatible with great quality chat on both. I hope I can find one before late May...   
Post by: treminaor on December 12, 2013, 04:18:14 am
I have the Astro A50s, but I use them for my PC only, as I like to walk around while I watch YouTube videos and music, I don't like switching the MixAmp everytime from Xbox to PC, and the mic quality is bad on Xbox 360 since they had to design it only for the Xbox 360. No Astros have an Xbox One chat connector at the moment, but I might consider an Astro again, as long as the quality on the mic isn't bad on the Xbox One, and the mic win't do the same annoying thing when I'm recording my voice and when I stop talking my voice fades out and when I talk again it fades back in on the Astro A50s. When you record your videos, do you use the Astros A40s. I don't think you do, but the problem is the Xbox One chat quality. My friend has the A40s on Xbox and the chat sounds bad. I just need something that's comfortable (I'll settle for lower than the A50s), and is Xbox One and PC compatible with great quality chat on both. I hope I can find one before late May...
The fadeout is a defect of the MixAmp, I sent my MixAmp back to Astro TWICE before they finally sent me one that didn't do that.

And no, I use a Blue Yetti in a shockmount attached to a Rode PSA1 mic boom.
Post by: BioAftermath on December 12, 2013, 04:20:59 am
The fadeout is a defect of the MixAmp, I sent my MixAmp back to Astro TWICE before they finally sent me one that didn't do that.

And no, I use a Blue Yetti in a shockmount attached to a Rode PSA1 mic boom.
I sent back my headset and my mixamp twice, once repaired, the other was to replace  it with a new one and it still does that. I want to be able to make commentaries with the A50s without that annoying fade out.
Post by: treminaor on December 12, 2013, 04:23:02 am
I sent back my headset and my mixamp twice, once repaired, the other was to replace  it with a new one and it still does that. I want to be able to make commentaries with the A50s without that annoying fade out.
For PC, make sure if you have Skype installed you go into the Audio settings of Skype and disable the checkbox that says "Automatically Adjust my Microphone Settings". It will play with your mic levels even when you aren't in a Skype call.
Post by: BioAftermath on December 12, 2013, 04:28:31 am
For PC, make sure if you have Skype installed you go into the Audio settings of Skype and disable the checkbox that says "Automatically Adjust my Microphone Settings". It will play with your mic levels even when you aren't in a Skype call.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!! I think I owe someone a strawberry flavored purple dildo from Hollister...
It's just my way of saying thanks ;)