UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: ColdShrimp2 on May 06, 2017, 09:09:22 pm

Title: Weapon mod
Post by: ColdShrimp2 on May 06, 2017, 09:09:22 pm
I was wondering how to make a weapon mod for nacht, verruckt, or shi no numa. I can do it really easily in der reise but i get an error when doing it for any other map
Title: Re: Weapon mod
Post by: fanmagic on May 06, 2017, 10:08:45 pm
I was wondering how to make a weapon mod for nacht, verruckt, or shi no numa. I can do it really easily in der reise but i get an error when doing it for any other map
Do you use the map specific scripts to add the weapons? ( as example for Nacht the prototype scripts)
Title: Re: Weapon mod
Post by: jiggy22 on May 06, 2017, 11:22:05 pm
Usually, the mod tools only come with the latest versions of these gsc files from Der Riese. To get the older ones, download Tom's FF extractor tool from his website. Then, from the root folder, go to zone/english, and copy the following ff files:

nazi_zombie_asylum.ff
nazi_zombie_asylum_patch.ff
nazi_zombie_prototype.ff
nazi_zombie_sumpf.ff
nazi_zombie_sumpf_patch.ff

Paste them anywhere you want, and open up the extraction tool and drag the ff files onto the window that pops up. You should find new folders that contain all of the gsc files, as well as sounds and other sub-folders and whatnot. From there, just build your mod like usual. One thing to note is that if a certain gsc file exists in both the normal and patch folders, then use the one from the patch folder. Hope this helps!