UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: FreeCodCinematics on June 29, 2012, 12:04:09 am

Title: [Solved] Zombie's Run From the Start?
Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 29, 2012, 12:04:09 am
Hey guys,

How do i get the zombies to run from the start? I've had a quick look through the _zombiemode GSC file in my map but didn't want to touch anything case i ended up with error's, lost a map over that this week :(

Dan
Title: Re: Zombie's Run From the Start?
Post by: treminaor on June 29, 2012, 12:21:20 am
Hey guys,

How do i get the zombies to run from the start? I've had a quick look through the _zombiemode GSC file in my map but didn't want to touch anything case i ended up with error's, lost a map over that this week :(

Dan
Maps are never permanently "lost" due to errors and should never be thrown away for that reason. When your map appears to be ruined because of an error, just post here next time and we'll get it fixed :)

Zombie running is handled in _zombiemode_spawner.gsc. Grab that file from /raw/maps and copy it to /yourmodname/maps. Then open it and find this function:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_run_speed()

replace its contents with this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.zombie_move_speed = "run";

It should look like this when finished:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_run_speed()
{
}

Remember to check the box for the new .gsc file on the Mod tab with your mod selected in Launcher. Then build your IWD.
Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 29, 2012, 12:31:38 am
Cheers dude, id of messaged you on skype but your set to busy so wasn't sure if you were there or not lol..

I still have the map, just removed most the stuff.. Compiles normal and everything, just wont load, loading screen comes on with the loading bar and soon as the loading bar finishes nothing happens, just stays like that and feels like the game has frozen :(..

Anyway cheers for the information, get working on this now :D

Dan
Post by: treminaor on June 29, 2012, 12:37:20 am
Cheers dude, id of messaged you on skype but your set to busy so wasn't sure if you were there or not lol..

I still have the map, just removed most the stuff.. Compiles normal and everything, just wont load, loading screen comes on with the loading bar and soon as the loading bar finishes nothing happens, just stays like that and feels like the game has frozen :(..

Anyway cheers for the information, get working on this now :D

Dan
Just send the message regardless of my status and I will eventually see it :)

Usually I respond regardless of my status within a few minutes, unless of course I am set to Away...

Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 29, 2012, 12:45:15 am
okay, great :)..

Done it all but there still walking lol, so ill post how ive got it down. Ill also add few lines before and after case ive done something wrong when putting it in..

Code Snippet
Plaintext
else
{
continue_failsafe_damage = false;
}
}
}

set_zombie_run_cycle()
{
set_run_speed()
{
}

death_anims = level._zombie_deaths[self.animname];

self.deathanim = random(death_anims);

//if(level.round_number < 3)
//{
// self.zombie_move_speed = "walk";
//}

switch(self.zombie_move_speed)
{
case "walk":
var = randomintrange

Dan
Post by: treminaor on June 29, 2012, 12:55:04 am
okay, great :)..

Done it all but there still walking lol, so ill post how ive got it down. Ill also add few lines before and after case ive done something wrong when putting it in..

Code Snippet
Plaintext
else
{
continue_failsafe_damage = false;
}
}
}

set_zombie_run_cycle()
{
set_run_speed()
{
}

death_anims = level._zombie_deaths[self.animname];

self.deathanim = random(death_anims);

//if(level.round_number < 3)
//{
// self.zombie_move_speed = "walk";
//}

switch(self.zombie_move_speed)
{
case "walk":
var = randomintrange

Dan
If your map still works with that script, then the script isn't being loaded because there's multiple syntax errors. So first figure out why your script isn't being loaded in, then undo your changes to _zombiemode_spawner.gsc. You found set_run_speed() but that's just a call, not the actual function. Hit find again so that you go slightly lower down in the file. You should find this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_run_speed()
{
rand = randomintrange( level.zombie_move_speed, level.zombie_move_speed + 35 );

// self thread print_run_speed( rand );
if( rand <= 35 )
{
self.zombie_move_speed = "walk";
}
else if( rand <= 70 )
{
}
else
{
self.zombie_move_speed = "sprint";
}
}

Replace THAT entire part with this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_run_speed()
{
}

Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 29, 2012, 01:09:17 am
lol there still walking  :'(.. Not my day today, did have risers too in till i added a flag to the third door from a tutorial, now they don't show up either..

I'll have to go over the _zombiemode_spawner an see if ive messed any of it up doing it the first time

Dan
Post by: treminaor on June 29, 2012, 01:12:29 am
lol there still walking  :'(.. Not my day today, did have risers too in till i added a flag to the third door from a tutorial, now they don't show up either..

I'll have to go over the _zombiemode_spawner an see if ive messed any of it up doing it the first time

Dan
Your customized gsc files obviously arent getting loaded. You need to have them in your mod's folder in your cod root/mods directory, they need to be checked on the Mods tab of Launcher, your IWD needs to be built, and your map needs to have "Mod specific map: mapname" checked and set on the Maps tab of launcher
Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 29, 2012, 01:18:26 am
Yeah i have them set all the time.. Ill try again and see if anything is different

Dan