UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: jiggy22 on April 16, 2017, 06:43:25 am

Title: Black Ops Modding - Removing George
Post by: jiggy22 on April 16, 2017, 06:43:25 am
There isn't a forum section for Black Ops modding, so I figured that I'd just ask here. I've begun to fiddle around with modding Black Ops, and one thing that I'm looking to do it remove George from Call of the Dead. I'm still new at really understanding the differences between BO and WaW, so I'm kinda running into trouble with this. I've been commenting out all whole bunch of level.threads and whatnot, but none of that has really been working. I know that I'm not supposed to have the map files in the mod folder, and to instead edit the copies in the raw folder. Anybody out there that's more experienced with BO modding that knows how to fix this? Thank you!
Title: Re: Black Ops Modding - Removing George
Post by: jiggy22 on April 17, 2017, 11:03:43 pm
Bumping
Post by: jiggy22 on May 19, 2017, 05:09:33 am
Bumping this again. I'd really like to know how to do this, because Black Ops is being a pain in my ass when it comes to modding!
Post by: X0master on May 19, 2017, 09:37:57 pm
Bumping this again. I'd really like to know how to do this, because Black Ops is being a pain in my ass when it comes to modding!
Maybe try to go to zombie_coast.gsc

Try to comment out two of the lines by using //
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level thread maps\_callbacksetup::SetupCallbacks();

level.dog_spawn_func = maps\_zombiemode_ai_dogs::dog_spawn_factory_logic;

//setup function pointers
maps\zombie_coast_flinger::main();

level.dogs_enabled = false;

// Special zombie types, director.
level.custom_ai_type = [];
//level.custom_ai_type = array_add( level.custom_ai_type, maps\_zombiemode_ai_dogs::init );
REMOVE THIS----> level.custom_ai_type = array_add( level.custom_ai_type, maps\_zombiemode_ai_director::init );
level.custom_ai_type = array_add( level.custom_ai_type, maps\_zombiemode_ai_faller::faller_init );

REMOVE THIS----> maps\zombie_coast_ai_director::init();
maps\zombie_coast_lighthouse::init(); // WW (02-02-11): Moving the light house scripts in to their own file
maps\zombie_coast_water::init();
maps\zombie_coast_eggs::init();

level.door_dialog_function = maps\_zombiemode::play_door_dialog;
Post by: jiggy22 on May 20, 2017, 12:23:58 am
Yeah, I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. I was following rollon's tutorial on modding Black Ops, and it sounded like he said to not include any gsc files in the iwd checklist. So I decided to instead go against his word and included the edited script in the iwd, and that ended up fixing my problem ::) Thanks for the help though!
Post by: X0master on May 20, 2017, 12:25:11 am
Yeah, I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. I was following rollon's tutorial on modding Black Ops, and it sounded like he said to not include any gsc files in the iwd checklist. So I decided to instead go against his word and included the edited script in the iwd, and that ended up fixing my problem ::) Thanks for the help though!
Glad it works. Happy modding.  :)