UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: FreeCodCinematics on June 25, 2012, 08:03:09 pm

Title: Zones Are Killing Me.. ( SOLVED )
Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 25, 2012, 08:03:09 pm
Hey guys,

For some reason i still cannot get zones to work  >:(.. I've followed loads of tuts and also trems on his youtube.. I have the yellow line from the zombies to the zones but every time i enter the rooms, no zombies come??..

I've had two problems now.. Either all zombies spawn straight away in any room they feel like, or they don't spawn at all.. How can a few kvp's be so difficult to do :o.. I'm on the verge of a breakdown over zones.. The way this is turning out, its going to be one box room where i don't need any zones  ;D

______

I have all the kvps in the zombie with the

targetname - start_zone_spawner

and the zone as

targetname - start_zone

target - start_zone_spawners

If anyone could explain in text on here, id be very grateful

Dan
Title: Re: Zones Are Killing Me..
Post by: zNiiC on June 25, 2012, 08:24:16 pm
You are gonna want a kvp of "script_flag" "enter_ZONENAME" on he blockers trigger. You also need to edit your ,gsc to include zones.
Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 25, 2012, 08:38:06 pm
Cheer's for the reply mate, means a lot..

How come none of the wiki's say anything about that?.. All the tut's on the wiki's and also on youtube there all like

Info Volumes
Zones are Info_Volumes. To create a Zone (Info_Volume):

1) Right click in Radiant.
2) Navigate to Info, select Volume. You should not see a pink textured brush with the word 'Volume' written on it.
3) Give the Zone a unique Targetname KVP. For example:

"targetname" "reciever_west"
"target" "reciever_west_spawners"
Associate Spawners
Now, for the Zombie spawners you want associated with the zone you will need to change their Targetname to:

"targetname" "reciever_west_spawners"
You should see a line going from the center of the Info_Volume to the associated spawners. What we did here is tie the spawners to that specific Zone by taking the Targetname of the Zone ("reciever_west") and add "_spawners" to the end to come up with the Targetname for the spawners.

Many Thanks

Dan
Post by: FreeCodCinematics on June 25, 2012, 09:07:36 pm
Sorted.. Cheer's guys