UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: mrthomas3697 on December 02, 2013, 07:25:50 pm

Title: Red dot sight materials
Post by: mrthomas3697 on December 02, 2013, 07:25:50 pm
Does anyone know what settings you have to have on the material for the red dot sight glass and the dot itself ?
Thanks  :)
Title: Re: Red dot sight materials
Post by: SajeOne on December 02, 2013, 08:52:53 pm
Well, the easiest way would be to copy the red dot material and image from COD4 and port it to COD5. Then open up a COD4 model in maya that has the red dot shader and add it to your weapon.
Post by: treminaor on December 02, 2013, 09:06:09 pm
The correct AssMan settings for a custom Red Dot sight are currently unknown. I've spent hours trying to figure out what works and never got anywhere - they are a special fx material type because the engine moves the dot to be at the center of the screen - so if your gun has an inaccurate ADS anim pose then the red dot in the sight will be off-center no matter what the UV map looks like in Maya.

I also know Tom_BMX spent a lot of time trying to figure it out last year and didn't get anywhere either.
Post by: mrthomas3697 on December 02, 2013, 10:06:18 pm
So how do certain maps have it on ported guns?
Post by: treminaor on December 02, 2013, 11:10:27 pm
So how do certain maps have it on ported guns?
I'm talking about custom ones... as in ones you make yourself for your own gun model...

To use other CoD ones just copy/paste the materials from game to game, it will work fine.
Post by: DeletedUser on December 03, 2013, 03:28:33 pm
I think that its some kind of dynamic foliage material.