UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Topic started by: r00ster on February 09, 2017, 06:18:17 am

Title: Creating Custom Barricades in BO3 Mod tools (Radiant Black)
Post by: r00ster on February 09, 2017, 06:18:17 am
Hello!

I'm creating a map and I would love to have a zombie barricade made out of stone as opposed the standard wooden boards. I was able to put together custom barricades in WaW, but I'm having trouble getting it to work in the BO3 tools (Radiant Black).
Are there any tutorials or guides out there on creating custom barricades in the BO3 mod tools?

Thanks for the help!
Title: Re: Creating Custom Barricades in BO3 Mod tools (Radiant Black)
Post by: LingerCustomMap on February 09, 2017, 11:08:05 pm
stamp prefab of barricade and change texture of wood with stone
Post by: r00ster on February 23, 2017, 09:11:37 am
stamp prefab of barricade and change texture of wood with stone

Hmm, I tried this but wasn't able to stamp the actual base prefab, the one consisting of a group of models.  It seems like it is a special case for some reason.  Thank you for the suggestion though, using the stamp prefab proved pretty useful for looking at other prefabs provided in the tool, and elsewhere.
Post by: johndoe on February 23, 2017, 09:44:29 am
or you could create a duplicate of the prefab file and edit that directly on radiant.
Post by: JBird632 on February 23, 2017, 02:38:05 pm
That's not how barricades are done in BO3. They aren't like the prefabs done in waw where you have a bunch of brushes as the boards. The boards are all script models now, and you have to make your barricade in APE.
Post by: johndoe on February 23, 2017, 03:27:53 pm
That's not how barricades are done in BO3. They aren't like the prefabs done in waw where you have a bunch of brushes as the boards. The boards are all script models now, and you have to make your barricade in APE.
didn't know about that. thanks for correcting it.
Post by: r00ster on February 24, 2017, 05:48:17 am

Oooh. Ok, awesome, thanks for the information.  Now I know where to look, starting with videos on APE.  Probably will save that for after this map now, since I've  already built around the boards. Also, thanks for all the vids you've made! They are super helpful!!