UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: lordkurt6 on November 28, 2013, 03:38:55 am

Title: how to make an elevator in your zombies map help!!!!
Post by: lordkurt6 on November 28, 2013, 03:38:55 am
plz can someone tell me howw im good at scripting i know what it base about plz im making a map and the map called dead rise idea was from die rise making sky buildig it need elevators plzz
Title: Re: how to make an elevator in your zombies map help!!!!
Post by: treminaor on November 28, 2013, 06:41:42 am
Please do not make a poll which does not contain a vote question. This is considered spam.

The poll has been removed.
Post by: lordkurt6 on November 28, 2013, 10:30:09 am
hey mate is there anyway u could script a gsc file for me it an elevator if u could try make it like die rise automatic this map look good i recon going be the bigsts map going in ugx mod and zm that my aim with this sky building idea of mine iv all really started if u wanted to see some pic let me know i try put them up on here
Post by: Delta on November 28, 2013, 03:35:57 pm
Oh dear, it would be nice if you would start adding grammer to your posts. -.-

And I gurantee you, treminaor won't write you an elevator script. - He has other things to do.

Why don't you start scripting it yourself. There is google to look for existing elevator scripts.
You can also look up how to script ;) - so everything is covered and ready for you, just read and try it out.

I know that there is already a basic elevator script in the mod tools, you might find and extend / rewrite it to your needs.

And I wouldn't try to achive the biggest map, try to make your map detailed and an acceptable size.

Good luck and have fun.
Post by: lordkurt6 on November 28, 2013, 05:03:59 pm
ok thanks and yh i will take u up on that i am making my map big not that big sorry and yes hoply my detail is looking goood atm im going put it on soon and sorry but im new to the website and i know how to script ok i know how to inport weapon and all the bo perks and stuff it just i dont how script an elevator in radiant with kvp ike targetname and iv done all that and i mange to get script for an elevator gsc done everythink still dont work dont script_bushmodel to make my elevator stil dont work i wi get it working soon (:
Post by: jjbradman on November 29, 2013, 12:05:23 am
p.s. you cant move a whole set of a brushmodel using move z,x,y
i dont know how move the whole set but i just wanted to tell you in case you didnt know :P
Post by: SajeOne on November 29, 2013, 12:12:43 am
p.s. you cant move a whole set of a brushmodel using move z,x,y
i dont know how move the whole set but i just wanted to tell you in case you didnt know :P
You can move an array of brushmodels with move xyz. I have used it when creating my own(unfinished)elevator script and it worked fine for me.
Post by: jjbradman on November 29, 2013, 12:29:55 am
i tried to use that to move the clipping of a helicopter and it didnt worked :( and treminaor told me that i couldnt move my array the way i was making my script :c
Post by: SajeOne on November 29, 2013, 12:40:27 am
i tried to use that to move the clipping of a helicopter and it didnt worked :( and treminaor told me that i couldnt move my array the way i was making my script :c
Are you sure he specifically meant that the move function was the issue? You can move the helicopter. He probably meant it was unpractical or wouldn't be easy or even possible because each brush needs the same origin to rotate correctly(which If I'm not mistaken could be done with an origin brush) but it would have all been easier with vehicle paths anyway.
Post by: jjbradman on November 29, 2013, 04:32:39 am
i riped the part of ugx airstrike script to move my heli but i never got the clipping brushes to move xc
Post by: lordkurt6 on November 29, 2013, 09:31:06 am
if anyone could do me script i will make a custom poster of u with ur logo or somthink and iv just added ugx mod to my map so they will be geting ced o my youtube videos and can anyone tell has any made a made on a sky buillding like die rise in black ops 2 btw my map does not like die rise so that is not my aim (: and iv add in an elevator to my done eveythink when i load my map it could not find mapmpmp_elevator iv added the gsc notpad flie in my raw my mods foder and in ugx mods folder still doing i think ones i fix this error maybe my elevator will workk

Post Merge: November 29, 2013, 09:33:40 am
i mean it could not find script mapsmpmp_elevator sorry
Post by: DeletedUser on November 29, 2013, 10:54:44 am
The best solution that I tried and it worked: Learn to script
Post by: lordkurt6 on November 30, 2013, 08:39:07 am
i got the elevator to move in the game soon i start my elevator is allreally moving iv not even gone near the trigger and my trigger aint working iv done all kvp in radiant and stuff for  some reson my elevator is moveing on it own iv took a script of someoe that is making a map called rise im good at scritping this is ment be moding sit and maping site would be nice if got little help not just saying learn how to script i know how to do things but i get stuck on code and stuff like i miss somthink (; i just want start editing my map i think this map is going to be a good one as since it is my 1st map i ever done  8)