UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: MegaMech43 on January 02, 2017, 07:45:21 am

Title: Too many bones in model
Post by: MegaMech43 on January 02, 2017, 07:45:21 am
I used Wraith to export the shadowman and then used export2bin.exe to import him into Asset Editor.
When I compile/link my map I receieve the "Too many bones in model cannot exceed 255" error.
My guess, is that I have to use Maya to somehow split the model into different pieces or something.
If that is what I need to do, is anyone willing to do that for me if I send them the requires resources?
Then we could release the files so that anyone has easy access to the shadowman.

I do not have Maya.

console log output:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\\model_export/..\Wraith\exported_files\black_ops_3\xmodels\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb_LOD0.XMODEL_BIN(6): Too many bones in model. Numbones (including bone controllers & bone stabilizers, but excluding cosmetic bones) cannot exceed 255.
... ... ... ...
ERROR: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\\model_export/..\Wraith\exported_files\black_ops_3\xmodels\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb_LOD0.XMODEL_BIN(6): Too many bones in model. Numbones (including bone controllers & bone stabilizers, but excluding cosmetic bones) cannot exceed 255.

^1Could not load mesh '..\Wraith\exported_files\black_ops_3\xmodels\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb_LOD0.XMODEL_BIN' for xmodel 'shadowman_fb'
  xmodel:shadowman_fb
    col_map:maps/zm/zm_gladiator.d3dbsp

^1ERROR: 'p7_clipboard_01_wpaper' is not a valid physpreset asset
  physpreset:p7_clipboard_01_wpaper
    xmodel:p7_clipboard_01_wpaper
      col_map:maps/zm/zm_gladiator.d3dbsp

^1bad static model 'shadowman_fb' at (-101 -563 121), using default_static_model
Title: Re: Too many bones in model
Post by: sevengpluke on January 02, 2017, 08:13:40 am
Maybe you converted ot wrong? What settings did you use in ape dor the conversion?
Post by: MegaMech43 on January 02, 2017, 10:03:55 pm
The model loaded and rendered fine while in Radiant Tools. Textures were good, etc.

In wraith I told it to export .XMODEL_EXPORT
I exported the image files as .tiff

Next I used export2bin.exe. I was lazy and just copied the .exe file to the folder I was working in.
I used the command "export2bin /s *"
It created a .XMODEL_BIN file.

In the APE: (I was guessing and chose things that seemed like it might be the right one...)
xmodel type: multiplayer body

For materials:
Material Category: Character Customization
Material Type: lit_cc, lit_plus_cc, lit_detail_plus_cc
Image Type: Image

In the file list window I have:
My .gdt with three .xmodels and related materials and images inside of it.
Xmodels: shadowman_fb, shadowman_tentacles, shadowman_sphere

Maybe I'm supposed to have every xmodel in it's own .gdt? I could see that being a problem, but I only have the one model loaded in radiant.
Post by: All0utWar on January 03, 2017, 03:42:27 am
Why are you doing this? The Shadowman model is already included in the tools.
Post by: MegaMech43 on January 03, 2017, 09:11:21 pm
I think the shadowman is not already in the tools. It was my understanding that anything from the DLC is not accessible without using wraith.

When I goto the 'models' window and search 'shadowman' or 'shadow' the only thing that pops up is the shadowman that I added.

It would be helpful if you could tell me where the shadowman is in your mod tools. Is it in the 'models' window? Or is there a window just for playermodels?
I searched the black ops 3 directory and the only shadowman stuff that showed up was the stuff that I added.
Also on another forum post I asked what needed to be done for me to have access to the shadowman. They told me to use wraith. I'm sure they would have informed me that it's already in the tools and that no extra wall headbanging or face palming was required.

Also, Finally I don't need admin permission to post anymore... whoo. And thanks to whichever admin moved this thread to modding. I had no idea if this counted as modding or mapping.
Post by: All0utWar on January 03, 2017, 09:28:39 pm
I'm not at home right now but I think if you type in zod or just zm and look through the models you'll find it. I know for a fact I've seen both the tentacle version and the human version in the models window.
Post by: MegaMech43 on January 03, 2017, 10:45:46 pm
I'm not at home right now but I think if you type in zod or just zm and look through the models you'll find it. I know for a fact I've seen both the tentacle version and the human version in the models window.
Perhaps you, or someone else would be willing to send me the model? If time allows?
Post by: DeletedUser on January 03, 2017, 11:31:06 pm
It is in the mod tools, they added the Shadowman model in the latest like, 43Gb update... I promise you it is in there
Post by: MegaMech43 on January 04, 2017, 12:07:25 am
Ooohh the latest update.
You mean that one update I didn't bother downloading... That would do it.

They released it the day I went home from college for Christmas... Home has an absolutely amazing 2.5mb/s internet connection. I transferred blops to my other hard drive. I originally thought that was steam not recognizing existing files haha.

Thanks for your help guys. I will wait impatiently for it to finish downloading.
Thankfully I can still test the map with "Ignore errors" button.