UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Topic started by: fanmagic on December 11, 2016, 11:41:39 am

Title: BO3 Modtools for Disc-Version
Post by: fanmagic on December 11, 2016, 11:41:39 am
Can i use the Modtools with a Disc-Version of BO3 or do i have to buy it on Steam?
Title: Re: BO3 Modtools for Disc-Version
Post by: Marsvinking on December 11, 2016, 12:00:42 pm
As i  know you need the steam version.
But many games that you buy on disc, you can actually activate it on steam, not all games but most.
I bought the Thief game and watchdogs and eurotruck sim 2 on disc and i activated them all on my steam application
Post by: fanmagic on December 11, 2016, 12:10:53 pm
As i  know you need the steam version.
But many games that you buy on disc, you can actually activate it on steam, not all games but most.
I bought the Thief game and watchdogs and eurotruck sim 2 on disc and i activated them all on my steam application
Ok. Thank you.
Post by: Marsvinking on December 11, 2016, 12:22:16 pm
Ok. Thank you.

Did the bo3 disc version work on steam for product activation ?
Post by: fanmagic on December 11, 2016, 01:00:43 pm
Did the bo3 disc version work on steam for product activation ?
I bougth the steam version now.
Post by: Noahst on December 11, 2016, 05:07:22 pm
you should be able to. just make sure you change the install paths of the modtools to the root folder that you installed the game to. (youll still need to download the tools through steam, however)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 07, 2017, 11:25:05 pm
adding non steam games to your steam library only adds the ability to run them via steam and redownload them via steam

they are still the "non steam" version, so the answer is no, that wouldnt work
Post by: Marsvinking on February 04, 2017, 02:02:25 pm
sigh just add the key on ur steam and ur good to go, changing game locations dosent allow u to download mod tools, steam needs a confirmation that you do own the game.
So in your way u could just pirate it and change game loc for steam and then download mod tools, not how it works professor.