UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: NaviLlusShore on November 11, 2013, 10:21:59 pm

Title: Friendly AI have default weapon?
Post by: NaviLlusShore on November 11, 2013, 10:21:59 pm
was wondering why whenever i put any friendly ai in the map they are holding the default weapon instead of the gun they are supposed to have?
Title: Re: Friendly AI have default weapon?
Post by: YaPh1l on November 12, 2013, 03:57:15 pm
Have you included the weapon file of the AI's weapon in your IWD?

- Phil.
Post by: NaviLlusShore on November 12, 2013, 06:20:47 pm
the weapon files are included in the game i looked through all the weapons and they were fine when i held them
Post by: daedra descent on November 12, 2013, 10:41:44 pm
I'm not sure if it will help but, you could try giving the AI the weapon via script. clues as to how to do this can most likely be found in Payload.gsc.
Post by: JR-Imagine on November 13, 2013, 12:07:46 pm
I'm not sure if it will help but, you could try giving the AI the weapon via script. clues as to how to do this can most likely be found in Payload.gsc.
Payload uses spawners that use the zombie model on regular AI. There's no extra script for them as far as I'm aware. ;)
Post by: daedra descent on November 13, 2013, 06:02:48 pm
Payload uses spawners that use the zombie model on regular AI. There's no extra script for them as far as I'm aware. ;)

The zombies logic is mostly the same, but the AI that you have to fight to reach the end of the level is scripted. For example, the AI is divided into "classes" that each have different weapons, health, ETC, all done by script and not individual spawners.
Post by: JR-Imagine on November 13, 2013, 06:31:08 pm
The zombies logic is mostly the same, but the AI that you have to fight to reach the end of the level is scripted. For example, the AI is divided into "classes" that each have different weapons, health, ETC, all done by script and not individual spawners.
Hmm... I forgot I never used the original scripts, lol. xD
Post by: NaviLlusShore on November 13, 2013, 09:12:07 pm
thing is i never had to use any scripts for them to have guns idk why they have the default weapon now
Post by: daedra descent on November 13, 2013, 10:00:07 pm
thing is i never had to use any scripts for them to have guns idk why they have the default weapon now

What AI are you using and what weapon does he have? Also, could you post a console log? (with developer 2 enabled)
Post by: NaviLlusShore on November 13, 2013, 10:19:59 pm
using us/raid/reg/thompson and its not just for that ai its for all of them that have guns

Post Merge: November 13, 2013, 10:34:37 pm
i killed the ai and picked up the weapon apparently its the skorpion vz. 61 and i have never seen that weapon before xD
Post by: DeletedUser on November 14, 2013, 12:15:34 pm
i killed the ai and picked up the weapon apparently its the skorpion vz. 61 and i have never seen that weapon before xD
are you using quizz's stock map revamp? xD
Post by: NaviLlusShore on November 14, 2013, 08:49:43 pm
not that i know of lol

Post Merge: November 14, 2013, 08:50:12 pm
i cant find the weapon itself in any of the files its just there lol