UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: OptomusPrime22 on November 17, 2016, 03:47:54 am

Title: Help Scripting
Post by: OptomusPrime22 on November 17, 2016, 03:47:54 am
HI I am wondering how to a)remove a clip box or b)add a trigger. I am trying to make a teleporter only function after you shoot 4 objects which I already scripted the last part with the shootables, but I don't know how to make it unlock the teleporter after... If I could get some help that would be great :)
Title: Re: Help Scripting
Post by: shinged on November 17, 2016, 04:20:36 am
You can remove a clip box by simply making it a clip_player and making it a script brushmodel. use GetEnt to get the targetname of that script model and delete it when you want it gone. Alternatively you could just use TriggerEnable( false ) on your teleport trigger and set it to true after your easter egg is complete
Post by: OptomusPrime22 on November 18, 2016, 12:05:54 am
You can remove a clip box by simply making it a clip_player and making it a script brushmodel. use GetEnt to get the targetname of that script model and delete it when you want it gone. Alternatively you could just use TriggerEnable( false ) on your teleport trigger and set it to true after your easter egg is complete

I tried doing this and my script does run I have confirmed that but the clip box doesn't remove when finished... I may have done this wrong because I did base it off of a music Easter egg...

http://pastebin.com/UdQ4urdF (http://pastebin.com/UdQ4urdF)

If you could glance at this that would be cool :)
Post by: werewolfps4 on November 18, 2016, 04:44:08 am
It should work. I did the same thing with the same song code. Make sure you clip is a script brush, and that its targetname is the same in the GetEnt function.
You could also have it initialize the teleporter script after completing the shootable EE script.
Post by: OptomusPrime22 on November 19, 2016, 12:05:44 am
It should work. I did the same thing with the same song code. Make sure you clip is a script brush, and that its targetname is the same in the GetEnt function.
You could also have it initialize the teleporter script after completing the shootable EE script.

I realized now I was being dumb and by the time I asked it wouldn't let me delete it... Lol hadn't made a clip box even yet then lol