UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Zombie Maps => Topic started by: iBarnett on November 04, 2013, 06:36:16 am

Title: [WIP] nazi_zombie_lamanai (meth)
Post by: iBarnett on November 04, 2013, 06:36:16 am
So this is a remake of one of my own maps which was nazi_zombie_meth. This version everything thing that i wanted to have in it is now in it. everything works great.

Story: It takes place inside and around a mayan temple "Lamanai Temple" As you awake here you have come to find that this was no dream but reality and zombies were about to attack. A look in side you find that this will be no easy journey. With wall weapons hidden away and secret areas waiting to be found with signs of a element 115 lavatories within the temple.

If anyone has some ideas feel free to tell I love other peoples input!

MAP PROGRESS: 90%

Quick video I made just showing the layout of the map with some textures in there. (VERY ALPHA STAGE)
nazi_zombie_meth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cAQqRkeGLY#ws)
Title: Re: (WIP) M.E.T.H.
Post by: tomikaze on November 04, 2013, 03:31:52 pm
Anytime someone mentions Mayan or Aztec I immediately think of zombie_zombie_aztec and while not the best looking map it was a huge journey with so much to do, it was overwhelming really, but it was also mysterious  :)
On your map I think I saw a place where you entered a room by dropping down into it so you can't just turn around and leave the same way you came you had to find another way, that is really cool.
It doesn't look like it's going to be a very detailed map but that's not the end of the world, you can still do a lot with a little. Even making people travel to 2 or 3 different temple/pyramids and complete quests could be fun.

Example: In the first pyramid/temple you come across a structure, like a god, that is holding its hands out as if holding something like a sphere. You must find the “Sphere of Light” located somewhere in this temple. Have it randomly appear in different places each time you play. Once you find the sphere and place it back in its place then the power turns on and one of the walls in the room turns around revealing an empty throne. You now need to search the second temple for the stone king that sits on the throne. Once you find him and place him on his throne you are given your final quest: find the three pieces of the Staff of Power. Have the pieces randomly generate throughout the three temples for you to search for.
Once you get the staff and bring it back to the king he opens up one final area…what will await you inside?

This is just a feeble example, if you'd like to consider something like this I can write more, but this will do for now :)
Post by: iBarnett on November 09, 2013, 05:40:50 pm
So not sure why im getting this error when I actually go to load my map I get "could not find script 'maps/dlc3_code' "

Post Merge: November 10, 2013, 02:22:29 am
So not sure why im getting this error when I actually go to load my map I get "could not find script 'maps/dlc3_code' "
fixed
Post by: iBarnett on November 11, 2013, 09:22:07 pm
So im wanting to add some fire fx for a torch kinda feel. have all my scripts in place and what not but cant figure out how to open EffectsEd3.exe. when I go to load the program it asks for a path to find folders. i'm guessing with all the different effects in it but am unable to find the right path. please help? and a question to add to it is how do I make multi spots in the script for placement. do I just drop a line down and add more orgins??

this is the script im using

Code Snippet
Plaintext
make_fx() {

setup_fx(false, (148, -764, 40.25), "torch_fire");          <------ do I just add more  orgins??

}

setup_fx(tag, loc, effect) {
if(tag) {
model = spawn("script_model", self.origin);
model setmodel("tag_origin");
play_fx(effect, undefined, model);
} else
play_fx(effect, loc, undefined);
}

play_fx(effect, loc, model) {
if(!isdefined(level._effect[effect])) {
iPrintLn("Effect is undefined!");
return;
}

if(isdefined(model))
playfxontag(level._effect[effect], self, "tag_origin");
else
playfx(level._effect[effect], loc);
}

preCacheFX() {

level._effect["torch_fire"] = loadfx("NEED EFFECTSED3.EXE TO FIND RIGHT ONE!!!!!!");

}
Post by: SajeOne on November 12, 2013, 01:49:42 am
In the future please use code blocks as it is a site rule, this is the first and only verbal warning.

/fixed.

I would recommend using UGX Easy FX (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Easy-FX) as everything is layed out for you and is explained. This script seems somewhat dodgy and would be hard to understand for beginners.
Post by: iBarnett on November 12, 2013, 02:58:35 am
In the future please use code blocks as it is a site rule, this is the first and only verbal warning.

/fixed.

I would recommend using UGX Easy FX (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Easy-FX) as everything is layed out for you and is explained. This script seems somewhat dodgy and would be hard to understand for beginners.
K ill give it a try for sure.. never saw the ugx easy-fx wiki... thanks.   But as for EffectsEd3.exe. when I launch the program it ask me to enter the path to the default game directory. me thinking that would be program86/steam/steamapps/activision/codwaw/ then raw im guessing but nothing is working??? its my first time opening the program with it not once working?
Post by: iBarnett on November 21, 2013, 02:25:56 am
Well I figured I hav'nt posted something in a while so I made a quick vid showing some game play. All the guns are just there for testing and still a couple things to add some more detail for that depth feel. The door textures will be changing as well. i'm giving the upper half of the map a waw kinda feel while the lower half will have more modern type stuff feel kinda thing.

M.E.T.H. Game Play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmFnE3tVwng#ws)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on November 21, 2013, 06:42:12 pm
Map looks great so far. :D

Are you planning on adding more perks or are you going with the stock perks only? I think stock maps are boring these days and it takes something special to pull it off.

Anyway, keep up the good work man... I look forward to the finished version of this one!

Post by: iBarnett on December 16, 2013, 02:28:20 am
Hey zombie people my map is pretty much complete and was looking for 3 good players to help with some online testing!! if so please leave a comment
Post by: daedra descent on December 16, 2013, 02:59:09 am
Really good job on the level design. My only concerns are that it feels almost empty, variety of wall weapons is almost nonexistent, and some of the blocky terrain look like a good place for AI to get stuck.

Also, i'm not sure, but  i don't think i heard any footsteps when you walked, unless thats what you wanted...
Post by: iBarnett on December 16, 2013, 03:18:50 am
Really good job on the level design. My only concerns are that it feels almost empty, variety of wall weapons is almost nonexistent, and some of the blocky terrain look like a good place for AI to get stuck.

Also, i'm not sure, but  i don't think i heard any footsteps when you walked, unless thats what you wanted...
would you like the beta?
Post by: daedra descent on December 16, 2013, 03:23:10 am
would you like the beta?

I'm not sure how much testing I'll be able to do, but sure.

Post Merge: December 16, 2013, 04:26:40 am
Well I looked at what i could before my computer exploded. That said, I just nocliped around and looked for potential issues.

Firstly, there is no sound for footsteps. This may be because you are using the UGX mod's sounds for whatever reason. It's not a game breaking thing but it does feel odd walking on rocks/grass/whatever and not hearing any footsteps.

Secondly, Your BO perk machines don't light up when you turn on the power. I'm not sure how to get the model itself to light up, but i can help you get a basic fx to play when the power is turned on if you'd like.

Thirdly, the stairs in the picture (below) could be a good place for players to get into, i recommend extended the brushes down so you can't get into them.

Spoiler: click to open...
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi44.tinypic.com%2F2h5raxu.jpg&hash=b96a1ee3b058dfa710b2f62b80e2dc60a0052eab)

Anyway, You did an amazing job on this map. If there was a UGX map of the year competition, i'd vote for it to be map of the year. It really is a phenomenal map.

Post by: iBarnett on December 18, 2013, 07:39:42 pm
Well I think this map is about as done as its going to get. I Don't know what/why but I seem to have troubles with the simplest things like changing jugg from 3 hit to 5 hit and my fxs not working with power being activated. I have tried over and over to get FRD's blops weapons to work but with no luck b/c of sounds issues (and I have no idea how to port my own weapons over) and for jugg!!!!! NO idea why it wont save my _zombiemode_perks.gsc but yet every other change I have made to that .gsc file works fine.

map features will include:  Waw perks (3 hit jugg... sorry I know it blows) and blops perks
                                       Added dogs back in so you get that max ammo (kinda needed it)
                                       Limited wall weapons (all hidden)
                                       Semi secret areas with objectives to end game
                                       Music EE

Things that might get added in the future: FRD's blops weapons
                                                              Fix Jugg
                                                              Add another secret area which is through a tele

Post by: GrantDaddy007 on December 19, 2013, 12:38:47 am
Well I think this map is about as done as its going to get. I Don't know what/why but I seem to have troubles with the simplest things like changing jugg from 3 hit to 5 hit and my fxs not working with power being activated. I have tried over and over to get FRD's blops weapons to work but with no luck b/c of sounds issues (and I have no idea how to port my own weapons over) and for jugg!!!!! NO idea why it wont save my _zombiemode_perks.gsc but yet every other change I have made to that .gsc file works fine.

map features will include:  Waw perks (3 hit jugg... sorry I know it blows) and blops perks
                                       Added dogs back in so you get that max ammo (kinda needed it)
                                       Limited wall weapons (all hidden)
                                       Semi secret areas with objectives to end game
                                       Music EE

Things that might get added in the future: FRD's blops weapons
                                                              Fix Jugg
                                                              Add another secret area which is through a tele

Don't give up!! I'm sure Jugg is a small problem... keep working on it!!!
Post by: iBarnett on December 22, 2013, 06:30:44 pm
Maps now out under the maps tab at the top of the website.

If anyone has some good ideas for me to build a new map please leave a pm. Thanks and enjoy
Post by: MultyBrickster on March 19, 2014, 06:01:31 pm

Post Merge: November 10, 2013, 02:22:29 am
fixed
How did u fix it?
Post by: iBarnett on March 19, 2014, 06:25:25 pm
I fixed it by running a new script Placer with a blank map then copied my other map into the new one ( push "I" to select all then open your newly made blank map and copy the whole selection. If you have any other custom .gsc files just copy and paste them into your new maps folder. Or just try taking dlc.code from another map and copying it to you map.
Post by: MultyBrickster on March 19, 2014, 06:47:32 pm
ok tghanks :)

Post Merge: March 19, 2014, 06:50:15 pm
HI that didnt work. Did you use a different script placer than the UGX one?
Post by: iBarnett on March 19, 2014, 07:12:56 pm
I fixed it by running a new script Placer with a blank map then copied my other map into the new one ( push "I" to select all then open your newly made blank map and copy the whole selection. If you have any other custom .gsc files just copy and paste them into your new maps folder. Or just try taking dlc.code from another map and copying it to you map.
Is this your first map?

Post Merge: March 19, 2014, 07:27:53 pm
Is this your first map?
If so make sure installed all the patches in order and lastly installed either sniperbolts tut v2 or UGX patch ( or some patch fix) also try adding dlc3_code to your folder. It's located in waw root/raw/maps
Post by: MultyBrickster on March 19, 2014, 07:50:46 pm
I downloaded another script placer and now it works.
Post by: iBarnett on March 19, 2014, 08:15:48 pm
Nice! Glad to hear
Post by: iBarnett on March 29, 2014, 07:34:36 pm
Well since I released this map kinda broken I figured I would redo it. I'm also going to be changing the name to Nazi_zombie_lamanai. (people weren't to fond of meth) I'm going to be adding the same features plus more.
Title: Re: (WIP) M.E.T.H. fixing. (Nazi_zombie_lamanai) new name
Post by: JadenSzewczak on March 30, 2014, 03:26:03 am
i'd stay away from the nazi zombie models! use something that would actually make sense in the setting.  :nyan:
Title: Re: [WIP] nazi_zombie_lamanai (LOOKING FOR SOME TESTERS)
Post by: iBarnett on March 30, 2014, 09:21:13 pm
Looking for some testers please!
Post by: animallover on March 30, 2014, 09:30:09 pm
I'd help test this map! :) Looks good!
Post by: JadenSzewczak on March 30, 2014, 09:31:53 pm
Looking for some testers please!
i'd test if you are still in need of some. you have skype?
Title: Re: [WIP] nazi_zombie_lamanai (meth)
Post by: daedra descent on March 30, 2014, 09:37:30 pm
I'll test.
Post by: GerardS0406 on March 30, 2014, 09:45:54 pm
I'll test
Post by: fatboypro on March 30, 2014, 09:51:59 pm
count me in
Post by: DeletedUser on March 30, 2014, 10:19:56 pm
i'll test