UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: kaizokuroof on October 31, 2016, 07:44:17 am

Title: Light reflecting from other rooms (to the next)
Post by: kaizokuroof on October 31, 2016, 07:44:17 am
Hey guys,

I've been having some problems with my lighting. I seem to have lighting reflecting off of the roof of a room that has no lighting in it. See screenshot for example.

Any help on how to stop this? Is it simply my lighting quality or has anyone had this happen before?

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FpYKnTc6.jpg&hash=53af8e03ba1d7d4d1837679c1a98089a6b7c4a2a)

Title: Re: Light reflecting from other rooms (to the next)
Post by: ArcadeRetro on October 31, 2016, 09:51:38 am
Have you got a reflection probe in the room you took the picture from? If not chuck one in and make sure it covers the whole room and nothing else.
Post by: kaizokuroof on October 31, 2016, 01:26:08 pm
Awesome, thanks. I should really read the documentation, thanks for the answer. Much appreciated.

Double Post Merge: November 01, 2016, 07:04:48 am
So I've been through and added some reflection probes. It still doesn't appear to have fixed my issue. Could it be the type of light?
Post by: All0utWar on November 01, 2016, 09:25:06 am
Have you tried selecting the lights and making sure the KVP, "PRIMARY_NOSHADOWMAP" is set to false?
Post by: kaizokuroof on November 01, 2016, 10:20:52 am
Thanks guys, for your patience and replies. It was the PRIMARY_NOSHADOWMAP causing it. The reflection probes make it look nicer though, so appreciated!

Sucks now though, cause I have to go through my entire map and change the lighting up haha. Ah well, better it happened earlier on than later.
Post by: All0utWar on November 01, 2016, 10:22:18 am
Thanks guys, for your patience and replies. It was the PRIMARY_NOSHADOWMAP causing it. The reflection probes make it look nicer though, so appreciated!

Sucks now though, cause I have to go through my entire map and change the lighting up haha. Ah well, better it happened earlier on than later.

Good to hear! No idea why that KVP is automatically set to true.