UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => General => Topic started by: kaizokuroof on October 13, 2016, 04:02:13 am

Title: Any plans to remake Tranzit - Blops 2
Post by: kaizokuroof on October 13, 2016, 04:02:13 am
Hey buds,

I might cop a lot of flack for this, but Tranzit is hands down my favorite black ops map to date. It's even better than Kino De Toten, although Kino comes very close. So many options on how to play the map and so many cool secrets, it really helped shape what Blops 3 maps have become (although to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Blops3 maps, except maybe Shadow and the Giant remake).

While I'm still VERY new to mapping/modding, I'd be interested to know if any one has plans on working on a Tranzit remake. I've seen some yourtube clips of a driveable tranzit bus, but I'm not really interested in that, I really liked the self driving bus and the set route, though it would be cool to add a twist and throw in an alternate route or two.

I've done a little bit of searching, but can't find any plans to recreate this. Is this even possible to recreate in the state of the current tools? Any long time modders/scripters willing to share with me how hard this task might actually be, or any resources/tutorials that could help me make at least something similar? It might be cool to try to make a similar map, not even a remake with stops that players could get on and off.

I've got a tiny bit of coding experience, working in GMS and a few other scripting langs, like batch and bash, but I'm not super competent. Anyways, if any of you can help me with the above, let me know or if this is likely impossible. And if you are remaking it, please let me know in any way I can assist. I can create textures or something, even very small I'd be happy to help.

cheers.
Title: Re: Any plans to remake Tranzit - Blops 2
Post by: Haatis on October 14, 2016, 10:50:51 am
You need to get some mental health treatment. Im really worried.
Post by: MZslayer11 on October 14, 2016, 03:24:28 pm
Each day we stray further and further from Gods light
Post by: johndoe on October 14, 2016, 03:43:32 pm
Each day we stray further and further from Gods light
this is rich coming from you considering you once tried remaking tranzit
Post by: MZslayer11 on October 14, 2016, 03:47:57 pm
this is rich coming from you considering you once tried remaking tranzit

I was mostly referring to this lol.

I might cop a lot of flack for this, but Tranzit is hands down my favorite black ops map to date. It's even better than Kino De Toten
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 14, 2016, 04:16:41 pm
Oh boy

Notice how the maps he mentioned are all non dlc
Post by: kaizokuroof on October 15, 2016, 02:47:32 am
Thanks for the helpful responses guy =)
I did play the DLC maps, not as much as Kino or Tranzit, as I found myself coming back to them for some reason. I did enjoy Moon and  Buried too, but many of the other maps didn't strike a cord with me.

I should reiterate though, I mean all I am really after is some help making some sort of transport between zones/places. A remake would be sweet, but recreating all the assets would be a huge pain.