UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: MelonDragon on October 09, 2016, 03:24:35 pm

Title: Custom weapons from workshop
Post by: MelonDragon on October 09, 2016, 03:24:35 pm
So i see that many people have added weapons onto workshop for bo3 but is it possible to get them in the mod tools so i can add them to my map?? any ideas
Title: Re: Custom weapons from workshop
Post by: BigBoyz on October 09, 2016, 07:17:56 pm
No not really unless you dug into the game files and found where workshop items go when subscribed, even then it still might be encoded or something.

But don't use other people's guns on your maps look up how to make your own cause I know your most likely not gonna give credit
Post by: harveyconnor on October 10, 2016, 06:49:31 am
not unless you rip them
Post by: SamWilley on October 10, 2016, 09:11:47 am
Definitely possible, it's a case of whether the people that have ported the weapons want to put them up for download. I'm also waiting for someone to drop some content instead of every man and his dog porting in the same weapons seperately. Don't know how many different Stg44 Ports i've seen haha
Post by: Erthrock on October 11, 2016, 04:24:46 pm
not unless you rip them
Dont fucking steal assets from others peoples maps, one because they put their hard effort and time into making it, if you wont make them yourself, then wait for someone like me to release a few assets for the community that i make. But seriously dont fucking steal assets from people, not cool!
Post by: PaperMartin on October 16, 2016, 10:08:49 am
Dont fucking steal assets from others peoples maps
assets which they already stole if we're talking about ports
that'd pretty much be the same thing as ripping it from the original game in all due respect
Post by: Erthrock on November 04, 2016, 01:31:51 am
no it would not, because people spent their own time possibly changing the textures or making those models by hand, its just not something you should do from the communities maps.
Post by: Scobalula on November 04, 2016, 09:00:20 am
It's more ethics than anything, while no one's going to take down your map, etc. you won't be liked, regardless of where the assets came from.
It is possible but I would highly advise against it.
If like myself you find porting guns very boring and would prefer to stay mapping there are many people offering ports such as rico's that you can use and will be still easier than ripping from custom maps and the other games.