UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: reckfullies on October 07, 2016, 11:38:48 am

Title: How is fps tool actually used?
Post by: reckfullies on October 07, 2016, 11:38:48 am
I've been using fps tools in all of my maps as just one big volume all of my map is inside as it is on the tutorial map.

I noticed on The Giant they use multiple smaller fps tool areas on different parts of the map, is this how I should be using them?

I also wanted to know what exactly the benefits of fps tool are and what it does.
Title: Re: How is fps tool actually used?
Post by: meddle2k on October 08, 2016, 07:22:34 am
It's just a death barrier to prevent players getting outside the map, or in unplayable areas.
Post by: reckfullies on October 08, 2016, 07:26:17 am
It's just a death barrier to prevent players getting outside the map, or in unplayable areas.

Thanks for clearing that up. Considering its called fpstool 60 or die it seems like it would be something to do with performance lol.
Post by: All0utWar on October 09, 2016, 08:04:34 pm
Thanks for clearing that up. Considering its called fpstool 60 or die it seems like it would be something to do with performance lol.

No it's not. That's blatantly wrong lol. I have no idea what fpstool does but the only thing that prevents you from dying if you leave the volume is a zone volume. The ones that dictate where zombies can spawn based on your location.
Post by: Crateer on March 06, 2019, 06:36:52 pm
For everyone coming across this question:Don't use it. It is for pretty much useless for us since the volume_fpstool is used internally by 3arch. So just delete it from your map if you are starting new with the standard template :))