UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: flareonex on October 06, 2016, 02:31:50 am

Title: All My Brushes Invisible!!! URGENT
Post by: flareonex on October 06, 2016, 02:31:50 am
At the moment I am in the process of creating a custom zombies map, I have already put in one hundred hours of work mapping this thing and after four hours of radiant work, all the brushes are invisible on my map. None of my models or entities are invisible, its just the brushes and patches. Please help!
Title: Re: All My Brushes Invisible!!! URGENT
Post by: QuantumHex on October 06, 2016, 06:09:17 pm
I had the exact same problem. I took many many hours searching and trying many different things. There is one simple fix for it. Your skybox is set up incorrectly. Your skybox has to be 6 separate pieces, one on each side of the map. And the edges of each skybox side have to be perfectly sealed. So what I did to avoid confusion, was I copied the skybox from the default map by making it a prefab. Add the prefab to your map and stamp it. Then move the pieces to fit your map and seal them, and you should be good. Hope this helps!
Post by: flareonex on October 06, 2016, 06:29:55 pm
I had the exact same problem. I took many many hours searching and trying many different things. There is one simple fix for it. Your skybox is set up incorrectly. Your skybox has to be 6 separate pieces, one on each side of the map. And the edges of each skybox side have to be perfectly sealed. So what I did to avoid confusion, was I copied the skybox from the default map by making it a prefab. Add the prefab to your map and stamp it. Then move the pieces to fit your map and seal them, and you should be good. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much; this worked! However when I load up my map, My screen goes black and I error out to this.

AIType zm_nuked_basic_01 has no characters specified. There should be at least one associated with an AIType.

WHAT?!?!?!?!
Post by: Gurr3nX on October 07, 2016, 03:31:59 am
Thank you so much; this worked! However when I load up my map, My screen goes black and I error out to this.

AIType zm_nuked_basic_01 has no characters specified. There should be at least one associated with an AIType.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Thats really weird. I dont have the "fix" per say, but here is a suggestion.

I had been working on my map the whole weekend and was having really weird spawn issues. I didnt get an answer here so I simply pressed "I" on the keyboard to select everythng in my map, I then made it a prefab and just started a new map. Extend all the volumes big enough then just load the prefab.
Post by: Mastachief1A on January 30, 2018, 10:56:45 pm
Hey guys, I'm having the same issue. However, I made 6 different skyboxes and stretched them to each others ends to make a cube. However, it still didn't fix my map. All of my brushes are gone. Not only that but I get a duplicate sun volume error in which they match each other's shape. How do you fix this?
Post by: 𝒱𝑜𝒾𝒹 on January 26, 2023, 11:58:32 am
Here's the fix, select only your skybox after you have it all set up around your map, make sure you use one brush as in one "cube" as a skybox with your map inside it, once you have your skybox selected/set up, go to the "selection" tab & go down to "CSG", select "CSG hollow", afterwards save your work, then re-build, compile, light, link & run it again, your invisible brush/texture problem should be solved when running the map.