UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Work-in-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Zombie Maps in Progress => Topic started by: sgtpeppercorn on October 05, 2016, 09:58:00 pm

Title: Moon
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 05, 2016, 09:58:00 pm
This is a remake of Moon from Call of Duty: Black Ops.

This is not going to be similar to The Giant in that it will only have features that were in the original map when it released back in 2011 (no Widows Wine etc) And it will feature all of the weapons from Black Ops and only those weapons.

Thanks to Border Collie for his flawless Black Ops 1 weapon porting, which will be featured in the map.
Title: Re: No Man's Land
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 05, 2016, 10:08:23 pm
Great Start! This is only going to be that small area right? And will the teleporter bring you anywhere?
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 05, 2016, 10:32:26 pm
I dont want to make this a completely different experience like expanding into the other buildings outside the original map. The teleporter will not take you anywhere until the Moon area is complete and the full map is released.
Post by: JustinSG on October 06, 2016, 01:42:21 am
Great job man looks mint af
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 08, 2016, 11:52:48 pm
Day 2 and day 3 update videos. I would have preferred to edit my OP but unfortunately these privileges are locked until I make 20 posts.

Post by: BladeMZ on October 09, 2016, 01:46:36 pm
Look very cool can't wait to play it! ;)
Post by: PaperMartin on October 09, 2016, 03:24:45 pm
some of these props are super detailled,how do you do that just with brushes?
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 09, 2016, 04:30:32 pm
some of these props are super detailled,how do you do that just with brushes?
I set my grid size very small and try my best to mimic the geometry in the original game. I have Black Ops 1 running on my other monitor while using radiant so that helps a lot. There's a lot of trial and error but I figure eventually I might port over some models from Moon using Maya and Lime, but as they seem very low quality I'd rather make as many with brushes as I can so I don't have to spend so long re-texturing.
Post by: SponsoredByCloro on October 10, 2016, 01:51:47 am
Looking good! Can't wait to play it :D
Post by: sirius201 on October 10, 2016, 06:57:57 am
Looks amazing.  My favorite map.   Do you plan to add in newer perks or gobble gums?
Also when you said you were doing all of this excellent detail with brushes do you plan to make the biodome and the excavators with the brushes as well?
Post by: Moose300300 on October 10, 2016, 11:05:17 pm
This remake is the most detailed and next gen looking project so far, please do not ditch this or give up on this project it's phenomenal work and is absolutely excellent. You're an absolute credit to the modding community
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 10, 2016, 11:37:24 pm
Looks amazing.  My favorite map.   Do you plan to add in newer perks or gobble gums?
Also when you said you were doing all of this excellent detail with brushes do you plan to make the biodome and the excavators with the brushes as well?
My girlfriend (who is much more talented than me working with models) is busy porting those large assets from Black Ops into maya as well as making new textures in Photoshop and SAI. I'll update on her progress with all that stuff in my next video probably, she's working on the vista models, doors and we're hoping that assets from Der Eisendrache are released soon so I can use their updated MPD model.
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 16, 2016, 02:39:29 am
Here is another update video.

Post by: fraggz99 on October 16, 2016, 07:56:32 pm
I dont want to make this a completely different experience like expanding into the other buildings outside the original map. The teleporter will not take you anywhere until the Moon area is complete and the full map is released.

You could make it so once you finish an area, you can go there, so once the moon starting rooms done, you can get there and theres a way back (temporary until more of the maps done obviously)
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on October 17, 2016, 05:16:56 pm
You could make it so once you finish an area, you can go there, so once the moon starting rooms done, you can get there and theres a way back (temporary until more of the maps done obviously)
That's a great idea. I was also thinking that the teleporter would take the player to a tiny moon floating in space with an "under construction" sign.
Post by: PaperMartin on October 20, 2016, 08:29:55 am
I set my grid size very small and try my best to mimic the geometry in the original game. I have Black Ops 1 running on my other monitor while using radiant so that helps a lot. There's a lot of trial and error but I figure eventually I might port over some models from Moon using Maya and Lime, but as they seem very low quality I'd rather make as many with brushes as I can so I don't have to spend so long re-texturing.
you know wraith let you rip models & textures super easily
though yeah the BO1 textures aren't crazy
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on January 17, 2017, 11:58:33 pm
you know wraith let you rip models & textures super easily
though yeah the BO1 textures aren't crazy
I've been using Lime so far and converting to bin is a real hassle with windows 7. Especially with viewmodels for weapons. I've probably spent more time trying to port weapons than I have mapping, and the amount of time it takes me to port a model rather than just create one using brushes in radiant makes the whole process just not worth it.
Title: Re: Moon
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 18, 2017, 12:00:41 am
Exceot so you can complete the map

They used models for things that were too complex for brushes, and also to keep under the engines brush limits
Post by: viytalic on January 29, 2017, 03:50:50 pm
Cant wait, one of the maps ive never actually been able to try.
Post by: sgtpeppercorn on April 11, 2017, 10:16:56 am
New trailer. As I've been avoiding spoiling the whole experience, it's just a teaser. But I'm personally very happy with how it's coming along.

I'm not doing it alone though. Border Collie is a legend who is hard at work on porting all of the weapons from moon into Black Ops 3. His work makes me very excited for the finished product, and I'm sure you will be too. He's redone the animations, textures and the models to make this the best experience possible. Go check him out on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyumyGlXDgB-PtMzPoDRH8Q (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyumyGlXDgB-PtMzPoDRH8Q)
Post by: DeletedUser on April 13, 2017, 12:40:39 am
Looks dank af
Post by: timelordalex on April 15, 2017, 05:10:52 pm
if you plan to keep the weapon set the same, do you intend for the gersch device, Wave Gun, QEDs to appear too? I hope so as your map could be the first. Though if you couldn't the Mk3 would probably fit quite well. I personally would also like to see you add GG machines and the rest you could leave the same.
Post by: rivadog on June 02, 2017, 09:55:00 pm
So is this cancelled or still a thing?
Post by: RadimaX on July 03, 2017, 08:14:13 pm
any new updates this year or did you still only map for 4 days?  ;)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on July 15, 2017, 02:31:29 am
I strongly encourage you to continue with this project despite the remastered map. Maybe add a new side quest or new areas to explore to help differentiate it from the remaster. It has great potential and would be a waste to abandon it now.
Post by: Basil Bonehead on December 20, 2017, 06:29:15 pm
I strongly encourage you to continue with this project despite the remastered map. Maybe add a new side quest or new areas to explore to help differentiate it from the remaster. It has great potential and would be a waste to abandon it now.

that or restart the whole project and create moon's original paris incarnation.