UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => General => Topic started by: Navden on October 04, 2016, 06:55:08 pm

Title: Waiting for Codmayatools fix or OBJ/ma to xmodel file converter...
Post by: Navden on October 04, 2016, 06:55:08 pm
Hi guys.  >:( I just done my Ray Gun Mk IV in maya 2016 and I'm still waiting for this error fix that i have posted when i want to export to xmodel from maya :  Error: NameError: file <maya console> line 1: name 'CoDMayaTools' is not defined.

If you don't know the fix. Tell me PLEASE!! where can i find an obj/ma to xmodel converter or a way to export my model to an xmodel ! (i tryed export2bin, lime, lime64) but no one success...

Please help me ...
Title: Re: Waiting for Codmayatools fix or OBJ/ma to xmodel file converter...
Post by: GlueGun87 on October 04, 2016, 07:31:38 pm
A long the lines....... I think if I read correctly that maya 8.5 only works for codwaw not 2016..... tho idk but I use blender and hard to get use to like kinda. But at the same time it's a blender for codwaw type thing oh and it's free.
Post by: reckfullies on October 04, 2016, 10:41:26 pm
I was able to fix this earlier when porting a waw weapon to bo3.

Put the original .py script for it into documents/maya/mayaversion/scripts

Then go into maya and goto Windows/General Editors/Script Editor then select the python box and put this in:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
import sys
sys.path.append("path to where you put the script")
import CoDMayaTools
and click the single blue arrow.

The annoying part is you need to do this every time you open maya, however you can just save it by going to the file/save in the window you just opened so you don't need to type it everytime instead just go into that window and click file/open and select it then click the blue arrow.

Once you do this the codtools tab should appear in the top bar and everything should work.
Post by: johndoe on October 05, 2016, 05:50:03 am

Then go into maya and goto Windows/General Editors/Script Editor then select the python box and put this in:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
import sys
import CoDMayaTools

The annoying part is you need to do this every time you open maya, however you can just save it by going to the file/save in the window you just opened so you don't need to type it everytime instead just go into that window and click file/open and select it then click the blue arrow.

Once you do this the codtools tab should appear in the top bar and everything should work.
or you could just follow the tutorial properly and put that code in usersetup_code.mel
Post by: reckfullies on October 05, 2016, 06:37:11 am
or you could just follow the tutorial properly and put that code in usersetup_code.mel

I was doing that but for some reason it didn't show up in the top bar, there were other people having the same problems and this was the only way I could get it to work for me.
Post by: johndoe on October 05, 2016, 09:57:30 am
I was doing that but for some reason it didn't show up in the top bar, there were other people having the same problems and this was the only way I could get it to work for me.
well then it means you're doing something wrong.
Post by: Navden on October 05, 2016, 11:04:24 am

Code Snippet
Plaintext
import sys
import CoDMayaTools

Reckfullies i got this error ... I thank you a lot for helping me but i searched on the net and i didnt find a way to fix it. Do you know ?

(http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2016/40/1475665391-putin.png)[/url]

I added you on steam by the way (username : 1/2 Navden)
Post by: Navden on October 05, 2016, 11:10:45 am
Here's the image http://www.noelshack.com/2016-40-1475665831-putin.png (http://www.noelshack.com/2016-40-1475665831-putin.png)
Post by: Navden on October 05, 2016, 12:23:30 pm
Nevermind guys the problem is solved ! Thanks a lot !