UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => General => Topic started by: Zombies8MyPizza on October 04, 2016, 04:10:44 pm

Title: Importing Black Ops 1 maps?
Post by: Zombies8MyPizza on October 04, 2016, 04:10:44 pm
Hi folks, so I've done some modding on other games before and I  know it would never be as simple as just importing all the map files and it'd work, but is there any sort of tutorial besides the Wiki that I could have a read of to be able to do this sort of stuff? I pretty much wanna do some remakes of Black Ops 1 maps, pretty much just keep them the way they are for the most part but add Gobblegums and BO3 weapons, filter some textures in Photoshop, even if I just have to use the map layout and use The Giant scripts as I imagine I might have to do and hopefully import some features from maps like Moon etc.

Any help appreciated  8)
Title: Re: Importing Black Ops 1 maps?
Post by: johndoe on October 04, 2016, 04:55:34 pm
no.
Post by: Zombies8MyPizza on October 04, 2016, 06:05:02 pm
You just pissed all over my bonfire :(
Post by: CGN-RaGe on October 05, 2016, 12:06:15 am
Hi folks, so I've done some modding on other games before and I  know it would never be as simple as just importing all the map files and it'd work, but is there any sort of tutorial besides the Wiki that I could have a read of to be able to do this sort of stuff? I pretty much wanna do some remakes of Black Ops 1 maps, pretty much just keep them the way they are for the most part but add Gobblegums and BO3 weapons, filter some textures in Photoshop, even if I just have to use the map layout and use The Giant scripts as I imagine I might have to do and hopefully import some features from maps like Moon etc.

Any help appreciated  8)

Black Ops 1 map files are encrypted, and no successful rips have been done apart from using 3D Ripper and 3D Ripper DX. That just rips it as a big Model file...which..IF you manage to get it into radiant, it will not have ANY clipping whatsoever, lighting wont reflect off textures, and you won't be able to re-texture it. Essentially, it will look old and crappy in a new engine, and you'll be breaking copyright laws.
Post by: Zombies8MyPizza on October 06, 2016, 11:01:17 pm
Black Ops 1 map files are encrypted, and no successful rips have been done apart from using 3D Ripper and 3D Ripper DX. That just rips it as a big Model file...which..IF you manage to get it into radiant, it will not have ANY clipping whatsoever, lighting wont reflect off textures, and you won't be able to re-texture it. Essentially, it will look old and crappy in a new engine, and you'll be breaking copyright laws.

Ahh, I see. Explains why none were ever ported over to W@W either. Shame because it clearly works for BO2 maps but most of them sucked  ???
Post by: CGN-RaGe on October 07, 2016, 09:07:20 am
All the cod maps except cod1 and cod2 have encrypted maps, even BO2. The BO2 maps floating about are remakes.
Post by: Enzotoy on October 07, 2016, 08:13:23 pm
is very hard to import or you make the make for a "remake" :rainbow:
Post by: CGN-RaGe on October 08, 2016, 01:28:29 am
remakes are usually done with 2 computers. One running the map you want to copy in a private match or something, then the other computer has the editor going. The time and effort required..is simply not worth it.
Post by: MZslayer11 on October 08, 2016, 01:47:19 pm
remakes are usually done with 2 computers. One running the map you want to copy in a private match or something, then the other computer has the editor going. The time and effort required..is simply not worth it.

Or... You just take ass loads of screen shots and recordings. Apparently I've been doing remakes wrong lol.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 08, 2016, 02:54:49 pm
Or 1 pc and several screens like I did