UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2016, 12:28:26 am

Title: Compile/Light/Link taking forever?
Post by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2016, 12:28:26 am
So as I'm working on my combine map I've noticed that whenever I check the Compile, Light, and Link boxes and press build, it always takes forever and I'm not positive on why... Is it something to do with my pc (which is fairly new with decent specs) or just the Combine stuff in general
Title: Re: Compile/Light/Link taking forever?
Post by: reckfullies on October 04, 2016, 12:32:17 am
There is nothing wrong with your pc or mod tools. BO3 Maps just take a while to compile and build the lighting.

I am working on a zombies map and it currently only has 1  completed room with some fx and props as well as fog and reflection probes, compiling and fully building lighting takes like 5-10 minutes depending on if I add new stuff to the map.

Keep in mind combine is a fully completed map with tons of assets and fx if you didn't delete anything.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2016, 12:34:34 am
There is nothing wrong with your pc or mod tools. BO3 Maps just take a while to compile and build the lighting.

I am working on a zombies map and it currently only has 1  completed room with some fx and props as well as fog and reflection probes, compiling and fully building lighting takes like 5-10 minutes depending on if I add new stuff to the map.

Keep in mind combine is a fully completed map with tons of assets and fx if you didn't delete anything.
Yeah the only thing I've deleted is like, some "Mantle Over" places
Post by: LSDsuperfruit on September 09, 2018, 04:18:59 pm
Can processor affect the compile speed? For example, i7 8core vs i5 4 core