UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: reckfullies on October 02, 2016, 12:51:54 am

Title: Adding custom weapons to the mystery box
Post by: reckfullies on October 02, 2016, 12:51:54 am
I noticed that people were wondering how to add their custom/ported weapons to the box so I was trying to figure out how Treyarch added their weapons.

While I was looking I saw the _zm_weapons.gsc and I noticed they added their weapons via a table that has its base values stored in  the _zm_weapons.gsc file.

I don't have really any experience with tables in C based languages so i was wondering if anyone figured this out yet.

If you are interested in checking this out its on line 3314 in root/share/raw/scripts/zm/_zm_weapons.gsc
Title: Re: Adding custom weapons to the mystery box
Post by: MakeCents on October 02, 2016, 02:05:33 am
I noticed that people were wondering how to add their custom/ported weapons to the box so I was trying to figure out how Treyarch added their weapons.

While I was looking I saw the _zm_weapons.gsc and I noticed they added their weapons via a table that has its base values stored in  the _zm_weapons.gsc file.

I don't have really any experience with tables in C based languages so i was wondering if anyone figured this out yet.

If you are interested in checking this out its on line 3314 in root/share/raw/scripts/zm/_zm_weapons.gsc

We've yet been able to make this work. I tried today, cause I thought they fixed this in the beta release. It did not work. I either didn't do it right still, or it still doesn't work. I have released a temp fix, but it is only temp. Controls the box via gsc and csc instead of the table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQmcPAwShGQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQmcPAwShGQ)

dl in the description
Post by: gauty40 on October 02, 2016, 05:14:38 am
We've yet been able to make this work. I tried today, cause I thought they fixed this in the beta release. It did not work. I either didn't do it right still, or it still doesn't work. I have released a temp fix, but it is only temp. Controls the box via gsc and csc instead of the table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQmcPAwShGQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQmcPAwShGQ)

dl in the description
where exactly do i put the GSC & CSC file supplied? anything else i need to know about how to use it?
Post by: reckfullies on October 02, 2016, 05:41:15 pm
where exactly do i put the GSC & CSC file supplied? anything else i need to know about how to use it?

Put them in scripts/zm then follow these instructions(They were included in the rar):
Spoiler: click to open...
gsc:
/*
#####################
by: M.A.K.E C E N T S
#####################
Script:
top of zm_mapname
#using scripts\zm\zm_temp_box_fix;

called from init or main of zm_mapname.gsc
   tempboxfix::init(  );

added to zone file
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_temp_box_fix.gsc

add the upgraded custom weapons like this:
    add_upgrade(weaopn string);
comment out the ones you don't want and add the ones you want:
    AddToBox(weaopn string);

level.displaystats set to 1 will show you the stats of the current weapon, such as
world model, in a hud. Feel free to add more stats as you need them in the WatchGun function

###############################################################################
*/

csc:

/*
#####################
by: M.A.K.E C E N T S
#####################
Script:
top of zm_mapname
#using scripts\zm\zm_temp_box_fix;

called from init or main of zm_mapname.csc
   tempboxfix::init(  );

added to zone file
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_temp_box_fix.csc

comment out the ones you don't want and add the ones you want:
    AddZombieBoxWeapon(<weapon>,<weaponModelName>,<isDualWield>)

###############################################################################
*/

Post by: NoScopeNinja25 on October 03, 2016, 10:08:25 pm
Is the table that the weapons go in here?:
Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\gamedata\weapons\zm
Post by: reckfullies on October 04, 2016, 07:04:16 am
Is the table that the weapons go in here?:
Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\gamedata\weapons\zm

Seems like it is, I haven't messed with anything in there so theres no guarantee that it will work if you modify it.