UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Applications & Tools => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => 3rd-Party Applications & Tools => Topic started by: johndoe on October 17, 2013, 05:43:25 am

Title: [App] GDT Generator (BETA)
Post by: johndoe on October 17, 2013, 05:43:25 am
Hi guys, couple of days ago i created an app to lessen the time i spend on asset manager and here it is. It just creates a gdt file which includes the names of the texture files so that we won't have to add them on the asset manager manually. The language i used was php. I made the source code readable so that you can see what it does. You can also change it's source at your own risk. If you want to change the surface type or the usage of your textures, just open config.php and replace 'ice' and 'poster' with what you want. You can also change the directory of the dds files and the name of the gdt file. I didn't want to upload it to a crappy host so i used my own server. Here's the link: http://myuce.tk/download.php?file=GDTGenerator (http://myuce.tk/download.php?file=GDTGenerator)

How to use:
1. Copy your .dds files into DDS_Files folder
2. Run the app
3. Copy the recently created my_textures.gdt into root/source_data
4. Copy the dds files into root/raw/images
4. Run the asset manager, open the gdt file
5. Convert the images

WARNING: This isn't a tool to convert your textures. It only generates a file that has the names of your texture files for the asset manager.
Title: Re: [App] GDT Generator (BETA)
Post by: DeletedUser on October 17, 2013, 06:50:22 am
Interesting. I'll maybe make a C++ app out of it ;)
Post by: codmoddd1234 on October 17, 2013, 06:54:44 am
Worked perfect
Post by: johndoe on October 17, 2013, 07:01:47 am
Interesting. I'll maybe make a C++ app out of it ;)
i'm surprised nobody did that before. if i knew c++ i'd definitely do it :D
Worked perfect
thanks for trying mate i'm glad it worked :)
Post by: SajeOne on October 17, 2013, 11:28:00 am
Does this only work with textures? I have been working on a similar tool that works as a drag-drop for all types of assets. If it does the same then no sense for me to continue.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 17, 2013, 11:49:13 am
Does this only work with textures? I have been working on a similar tool that works as a drag-drop for all types of assets. If it does the same then no sense for me to continue.
You just put the textures in a folder and this generates a gdt file for use in asset manager. I'm planning to make some sort of universal Asset Manager using this. So people who have problems with asset manager could use it instead of the original one
Post by: RadimaX on May 09, 2014, 05:05:10 pm
i forget step 1 when i read step 2 haha
to many steps :D explain with IMAGES!
Post by: johndoe on May 09, 2014, 08:44:46 pm
i forget step 1 when i read step 2 haha
to many steps :D explain with IMAGES!
i'm going to release an advanced version of this with xmodel support and a gui. until then you'll have to use this :P