UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: Navden on October 01, 2016, 01:50:42 pm

Title: How to export in XMODEL from maya ? CODMAYATOOLS DONT WORKING
Post by: Navden on October 01, 2016, 01:50:42 pm
Hi guys, i followed this instructions : https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Maya+2012-2014+Xmodel+and+Xanim+Export+Tool

And when i hit the button export to XMODEL the console says me this : # Error: NameError: file <maya console> line 1: name 'CoDMayaTools' is not defined

Help me please...
Title: Re: How to export in XMODEL from maya ? CODMAYATOOLS DONT WORKING
Post by: jswanson3d on October 01, 2016, 03:40:04 pm
Yo. You have the cod export tools in documents/scripts, right? As well as a usersetup.mel in the same location with the import command?

Which version of Maya are you using? I tried doing it on 2017 and got an error. Get 2014 if you don't already have it.
Post by: harveyconnor on October 02, 2016, 05:32:51 am
I'd use maya 2016
Post by: Navden on October 02, 2016, 07:45:24 am
Yo. You have the cod export tools in documents/scripts, right? As well as a usersetup.mel in the same location with the import command?

Which version of Maya are you using? I tried doing it on 2017 and got an error. Get 2014 if you don't already have it.

You mean that have the scritps in Documents/maya/maya/2016/scripts is not suffisant ? In the folder scripts, i have these files : version, usersetup.mel (with this line in it : python("import CoDMayaTools");), LISENCE, CoDMayaTools.pyc, CoDMayaTools.py.

I must have something more ? If yes give me the instructions please :/ I'm using maya 2016.
Post by: jswanson3d on October 02, 2016, 08:11:55 pm
You mean that have the scritps in Documents/maya/maya/2016/scripts is not suffisant ? In the folder scripts, i have these files : version, usersetup.mel (with this line in it : python("import CoDMayaTools");), LISENCE, CoDMayaTools.pyc, CoDMayaTools.py.

I must have something more ? If yes give me the instructions please :/ I'm using maya 2016.

I only have two files, the .py and .mel inside the script folder in documents/maya/scripts.

I think you need to use an earlier version of Maya. I tried the tool with 2017 and although it didn't give me an error message, the file couldn't be converted and used in the APE. Then I tried using Maya 2014 and it worked fine. Otherwise I'm not really sure :/