UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: ProKosovich on September 30, 2016, 10:12:55 pm

Title: Radiant crash upon loading map
Post by: ProKosovich on September 30, 2016, 10:12:55 pm
(https://gyazo.com/13fe9d9be63967583e403d7f50ca99a8)

When I load my map in Radiant it crashes when it gets to "Brush plane with no normal".

I can't access my map. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Double Post Merge: October 01, 2016, 01:30:05 am
I've resolved the issue. Mods delete the thread.
Title: Re: Radiant crash upon loading map
Post by: BushBaby123 on October 10, 2016, 08:27:05 pm
Can you tell me how you resolved it, really need help. thanks. :-\
Post by: DrewFlow on October 21, 2016, 05:02:09 am
how did you resolve the issue? You shouldn't just delete the thread, other people may also have this issue and need to know how to fix it.
Post by: ProKosovich on October 26, 2016, 09:18:08 am
I found no solution to this. Recreate your map but back it up frequently! This will prevent restarting.
Post by: ProKosovich on October 26, 2016, 12:02:42 pm
You could try this

1. Open (yourmap).map in any code editing program, e.g. notepad
2. Copy ALL code from this file
3. Create new map with the mod tool launcher (name it anything you like)
4. Open the new map with a code editing program
5. Paste your original code into this new file and save it in the original location but under the new map name.map
6. Load radiant and load the new map instead of the original map
Post by: WhatsThatFunc on October 27, 2016, 01:25:12 am
I had this happen a variety of times, but it was usually because I copied and pasted a zone volume rather than dragging a new one, which sounds like a software bug to me.  Also, once I found out that it never actually finished compiling because it couldn't find the pickup truck models, which makes them unusable :|
Post by: All0utWar on October 27, 2016, 05:56:51 pm
I had this happen a variety of times, but it was usually because I copied and pasted a zone volume rather than dragging a new one, which sounds like a software bug to me.  Also, once I found out that it never actually finished compiling because it couldn't find the pickup truck models, which makes them unusable :|

Were you pressing Space to paste duplicates of the zones or were you like Ctrl + C/P the zones? Because I duplicate all of my zones and rename them just fine with no errors. 
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 27, 2016, 07:11:01 pm
Were you pressing Space to paste duplicates of the zones or were you like Ctrl + C/P the zones? Because I duplicate all of my zones and rename them just fine with no errors.
same

I highly doubt tools 8 years later would have MORE simple issues with basics like this
Post by: WhatsThatFunc on October 27, 2016, 08:00:09 pm

I use Ctrl+C/P method and renamed them and such, and right when I deleted the pasted zone, it ran like normal, so I counted that as the issue  :gusta:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 27, 2016, 09:49:57 pm
A volume is just a brush - it wasn't the issue

The "only" bad side of copying it - is I notice the new one will not have the "target" kvp the previous one does, even then I bet that's just s setting in preferences
Post by: WhatsThatFunc on October 27, 2016, 09:57:02 pm
A volume is just a brush - it wasn't the issue

The "only" bad side of copying it - is I notice the new one will not have the "target" kvp the previous one does, even then I bet that's just s setting in preferences

Thanks for the info :)
Post by: All0utWar on October 27, 2016, 10:01:50 pm
I use Ctrl+C/P method and renamed them and such, and right when I deleted the pasted zone, it ran like normal, so I counted that as the issue  :gusta:

I'm not sure if there's a huge difference. But space works much better and faster than using two shortcuts. But yeah as Harry said, for some reason in these tools the target KvP is always removed, as opposed to the WaW tools.
Post by: DrewFlow on October 27, 2016, 10:24:18 pm
same

I highly doubt tools 8 years later would have MORE simple issues with basics like this

I think in reality the issue is just a corruption with the map file, because when I rolled it back to one of the autosaves and re-did everything, the issue never reappeared (yet).