UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Work-in-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Zombie Maps in Progress => Topic started by: XCyberHDX on September 30, 2016, 09:27:57 pm

Title: Ascension Remake (Mapping Layout Topic)
Post by: XCyberHDX on September 30, 2016, 09:27:57 pm
This topic is going to be about my side of the "Cosmodrome Remastered" project.  :lol:

I'm redoing my mapping layout because the other one I don't like anymore. (Might Release it as a Demo tho if you guys want :P )

Link for my buddy's side of this project: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13090.0.html (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13090.0.html)

First Update 10/5/2016:
Spoiler: click to open...

Its not much for the first update of one of the the lander areas :-\ I will update when I get a lot done  :)

(http://image.prntscr.com/image/d9d91bec2d6f4a42abca5df22609993d.png)

Second Update 10/10/2016:

I finished the map layout and most of the texturing for 1 of the lander areas  ;D ;D I handed this prefab over to Promnigy for detailing  :)

(http://image.prntscr.com/image/5509d2bca928458ea9cc25029b829e93.png)

More to come! Will update everyone once in a while! I will not miss a week for you guys ;) I know how bad you guys want to see my progress, lol.

Title: Re: Ascension Remake (Very Early!)
Post by: sevengpluke on September 30, 2016, 09:39:25 pm
Edit: NP. Do it that way from now on. Great start so far! :-*

Just quote my post and copy the what I did for the image.
Post by: XCyberHDX on September 30, 2016, 09:44:13 pm

Just quote my post and copy the what I did for the image.
Thank you  :)
Post by: SoulSociety on September 30, 2016, 10:53:39 pm
I wanna be your beta-test
Post by: XCyberHDX on September 30, 2016, 11:49:39 pm
I wanna be your beta-test

Ok  ;) I will notify you when I get enough of the map done to start a beta test
Post by: DeletedUser on October 01, 2016, 05:22:38 am
Best map in Zombies history. Looking forward to updates on this map. Insert old school nyan cat :nyan:
Post by: sryanbruen on October 01, 2016, 09:05:29 am
I LOVE YOU.
Post by: SoulSociety on October 01, 2016, 12:35:18 pm

Thx  :)
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 01, 2016, 02:30:42 pm
Im sorry to say that I get a stupid error now when I try to load my map in radiant. So Im kinda screwed now. I tried so many things and it just wont work  >:( If anyone know how to fix this error it will be a huge save for this map!
Post by: animallover on October 01, 2016, 03:00:58 pm
Im sorry to say that I get a stupid error now when I try to load my map in radiant. So Im kinda screwed now. I tried so many things and it just wont work  >:( If anyone know how to fix this error it will be a huge save for this map!

whats your error?
Title: Re: Ascension Remake (I cant open map in radiant! plz help!)
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 01, 2016, 03:24:07 pm

whats your error?

I updated topic and put in my error inside the spoiler at the bottom
Post by: animallover on October 01, 2016, 04:05:27 pm
I updated topic and put in my error inside the spoiler at the bottom

i got this error too. Seems your map may have been corrupted, you may have a backup, check \steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\radiant\autosave_backup

Let me know how you get on and if this was helpful.

Post by: elijah4001 on October 01, 2016, 04:35:34 pm

May i be a beta tester too? I dont know how to pm on here, im probably dumb :)
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 01, 2016, 05:19:42 pm
i got this error too. Seems your map may have been corrupted, you may have a backup, check \steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\radiant\autosave_backup

Let me know how you get on and if this was helpful.

Thank you! I had no idea there was a back up folder!  :D :D  But the sad thing is the Im back at the same place as the picture in this topic shows  :( So I basically lost about 8-10 hours or work. I think I'm going to just make prefabs for now on and add them to a whole other map (If you know what I mean). This should give me a less of a chance of corruption  :)
Post by: animallover on October 01, 2016, 05:24:06 pm
Thank you! I had no idea there was a back up folder!  :D :D  But the sad thing is the Im back at the same place as the picture in this topic shows  :( So I basically lost about 8-10 hours or work. I think I'm going to just make prefabs for now on and add them to a whole other map (If you know what I mean). This should give me a less of a chance of corruption  :)

Don't worry about it.. I think treyarch adding a backup folder was the best idea ever! Saved my map.. I lost alot too but atleast i didnt lose everything. Keep up the good work anyway :) Glad i could help
Title: Re: Ascension Remake (Very Early!) NEW PIC 10/2/16
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 02, 2016, 10:57:45 pm
Update: New picture ^^^  I am working slowly. Sorry about that, I sometimes get stupid errors and have to got to my back ups and replace the corrupt file (It makes no sense how I get an error when I am editing a prefab? ??? ) Anyways, I am starting to get better at making these maps and it is my first map without having any other experience with mod tools. I used WAW tools for a couple days and I get confused and get weird errors. This time its easier because I understand most of the errors I get so I can fix them fast  :) Thats all for today!
Post by: zombieslayer3 on October 02, 2016, 11:10:02 pm
1 of if not my favorite black ops 1 zombie maps , wish you luck on the ascension remake and maybe for a few custom weapons , just an idea , could you add the rpk , aug and the commando maybe , just a suggestion .
Post by: theawesome624 on October 03, 2016, 12:09:34 am
5. How to increase player's perk limit
There is a tutorial on the tutorial desk about doing this.
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 03, 2016, 01:17:57 am
1 of if not my favorite black ops 1 zombie maps , wish you luck on the ascension remake and maybe for a few custom weapons , just an idea , could you add the rpk , aug and the commando maybe , just a suggestion .

I'd defiantly like to add those weapons but I aint no weapon porter  :-\ If someone knows a possible way to add them in then Ill be glad.

There is a tutorial on the tutorial desk about doing this.

That tutorial didnt work for me. Theres no screen shot that tell me exactly what to do because im no scriptor  :please:
Post by: sryanbruen on October 03, 2016, 09:19:01 pm
Only difference I could say is to add Double Tap and make sure it is 2.0. Even keep the Space Monkeys though they are some of the worst bosses in the game.
Post by: Tipe_Ares on October 04, 2016, 05:29:06 pm
looks good, looking forward to actually play these sorts of maps
Post by: timelordalex on October 04, 2016, 09:13:40 pm
Ascension is not ascension without PHD
Post by: nintendo1516 on October 04, 2016, 10:30:58 pm
hey can i beta test ?
Post by: theawesome624 on October 04, 2016, 10:32:13 pm
That tutorial didnt work for me. Theres no screen shot that tell me exactly what to do because im no scriptor  :please:

Well it's not that hard to follow, even I got that working and neither am I  :alone:
Post by: Big-Beautiful on October 05, 2016, 04:00:13 pm
This map is looking el spicy. Can't wait to play it with friends.  :)
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 05, 2016, 07:57:17 pm
The beta test program is going to change, I've teamed up with another guy for this map so we might create a demo with just the starting room (IF WE GET A CONTRIFUGE! :D ) I know that there is a contrifuge in world at war but we cant port  :'(

Heres what its suppose to look like:
(http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty/images/f/f5/CentrifugeAscension.png/revision/latest?cb=20120118011609)
Title: Re: Ascension Remake (Mapping Layout Topic)
Post by: XCyberHDX on October 10, 2016, 10:22:39 pm
Updated OP with new update ^^^^^^^  :lol:  :rainbow: