UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: vOneShot on June 09, 2012, 10:13:04 am

Title: Giving it a go.
Post by: vOneShot on June 09, 2012, 10:13:04 am
Hi all,

First of all i would like to say that the UGX creating that have been made are probably the best custom maps I've seen with bar 1.1 having detail right down to the last little bits.

Can't wait for v2.

Now you've started anding none UGX maps to the client I have been able to play more zombie maps without having to mess around search for good maps as i know that you have selected the map for its amazing merits.

I have decided to give map creating a go and would love it if you could put me in the right direct to how to do it Properly, Do you have any resources or guides as to how to get started, ive used some in the past but most of them don't help you that much.

Cheers Dan

P.s. do you have a date set for the release of Bar v2 and the other un named maps?
Title: Re: Giving it a go.
Post by: W1NG3D on June 09, 2012, 12:20:47 pm
Hi VOneShot, thanks for the kind words :) we have some guides on our Wiki page, though the radiant one is a little incomplete :P you may also find CoDMapper's video tutorials useful, these can be found at YouTube.com/user/CoDRadiant.
Right now there is no set release date for Bar or the other unannounced project, but we will keep you updated with posts on the WIP threads in the forums. :)
Post by: Darkmapper on June 09, 2012, 02:33:31 pm
Hi all,

First of all i would like to say that the UGX creating that have been made are probably the best custom maps I've seen with bar 1.1 having detail right down to the last little bits.

Can't wait for v2.

Now you've started anding none UGX maps to the client I have been able to play more zombie maps without having to mess around search for good maps as i know that you have selected the map for its amazing merits.

I have decided to give map creating a go and would love it if you could put me in the right direct to how to do it Properly, Do you have any resources or guides as to how to get started, ive used some in the past but most of them don't help you that much.

Cheers Dan

P.s. do you have a date set for the release of Bar v2 and the other un named maps?

Your name is Dan? I think i love you
Post by: vOneShot on June 09, 2012, 09:32:56 pm
Hi VOneShot, thanks for the kind words :) we have some guides on our Wiki page, though the radiant one is a little incomplete :P you may also find CoDMapper's video tutorials useful, these can be found at YouTube.com/user/CoDRadiant.
Right now there is no set release date for Bar or the other unannounced project, but we will keep you updated with posts on the WIP threads in the forums. :)

Cheers for the links, i'll be sure to check them out :)
Post by: vOneShot on June 09, 2012, 09:36:03 pm

Yes my name is Dan, i'm guessing yours is too :), do you know if the beta testing is still running, if so is it launched yet or not?

Cheers Dan
Post by: treminaor on June 09, 2012, 11:59:33 pm

Yes my name is Dan, i'm guessing yours is too :), do you know if the beta testing is still running, if so is it launched yet or not?

Cheers Dan
Beta testing for....
Post by: vOneShot on June 10, 2012, 01:13:21 am
Beta testing for....

I read somewhere that if you donate you et beta access to the new uncoming maps including bar v2?
Post by: treminaor on June 10, 2012, 01:18:46 am
Beta testing for....

I read somewhere that if you donate you et beta access to the new uncoming maps including bar v2?
That is correct.

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury)
Post by: vOneShot on June 10, 2012, 01:50:32 am
Beta testing for....

That is correct.

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury)

Do you get access straight away?
Post by: treminaor on June 10, 2012, 03:02:18 am
Do you get access straight away?
Yes, you get instant access. However, we are still in the process of preparing the beta(s). There many not be a beta for as long as a month's time.
Post by: vOneShot on June 10, 2012, 04:19:59 pm
Yes, you get instant access. However, we are still in the process of preparing the beta(s). There many not be a beta for as long as a month's time.

Okay mate thanks alot :)