UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => General => Content Reviews => Topic started by: Dust on October 09, 2013, 03:28:13 am

Title: [35/40] Zombie Train - Fight the undead and then board your train!
Post by: Dust on October 09, 2013, 03:28:13 am
(http://i44.tinypic.com/21mhi6o.png)

This map is made by GrantDaddy007, this is his fourth map and his first map using the UGX mod, He also made The Shack, which was released on this forum.  I was also given the chance to play this map first before anyone else.

Setting: This map takes place in an abandoned old train station, but oddly enough the trains are still operating normal.

Positives: This map uses the ugx mod, so you have all the game modes. It has all 8 perks from World at War and Black Ops. It has a lot of famous Richtofen quotes from Black Ops 2. It has a easter egg with a really awesome ending, that you will just have to play to find out what happens. It has a few really good training areas, so if your playing 4 player, you wont have to worry about getting in each others ways. It also has a good arsenal of wall weapons in each area so you should never have to worry about not having a gun.

Negatives: If your playing solo it could get kind of hectic trying to run trains since there are riser locations everywhere and you really gotta watch where your going.

Conclusion: One thing I love about GrantDaddy's maps is the fact that he adds a little touch of awesomeness at the end, its not just the same old buy the ending and then you win, for his maps you have the final door to buy then it takes you to the end game room where you have a choice, to fight or to end it all, which is something I wish a lot more mappers did. Also the train is a nice touch to the map.

Level of Detail: 9/10
Custom Content: 10/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 8/10

Score: 35/40

Download from the UGX Map Manager.
Title: Re: [33/40] Zombie Train - Fight the undead and then board your train!
Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 09, 2013, 01:10:30 pm
Good review, and one that reflects my views entirely.

Was looking forward to this map for weeks, and now I finally have had the chance to play it, I think it was worth the wait. Station is a great spot to train, and having the AK on the wall is bliss.

Detail looks great, and the EE steps required to progress are a nice addition. Not explored the map completely, but from what I have seen so far, I am very impressed.

9/10 :D