UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: ProRevenge on August 29, 2016, 10:37:37 am

Title: Cant run map Co Op (any players), String overflow?
Post by: ProRevenge on August 29, 2016, 10:37:37 am
So whenever I try and run my map Co Op with any number of players, we get this error before we even spawn:

https://gyazo.com/b3748a8d6a6c6e42d5afe3fd1d42c9a5

Anyone have any idea of what this is or how to fix, its only co op?
Ive been told to remove HUD images, but I already have plenty in use that I cant remove:
0-9 numbers for Ammo counter, 0-9 numbers for Round Counter, 10 perk shaders, any for HUD + grenades, any stock ones
None of the counters can be removed.
Any idea what to do to fix this?
Title: Re: Cant run map Co Op (any players), String overflow?
Post by: MakeCents on August 29, 2016, 01:56:42 pm
Have you read this?

https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/G_FindConfigstringIndex()%3A+overflow

It says that this is menu configstrings. I have had some odd errors like this come and go. I believe I commented out maps\_zombiemode_timer::init(); in zombiemode once, and that was enough to fix it.
Post by: ProRevenge on August 29, 2016, 01:57:53 pm
Yeah I did read that and comment out/remove some unneeded strings and precaches and that, ill try commenting timer and see how it goes

Double Post Merge: August 29, 2016, 08:13:49 pm
Your fix worked :D Thanks :) For 2 players.
So if it is fixed for 2 players will it work for 4?
Is it a number of strings per player or a matter of co op and solo having different values, if it now works for 2 am I safe to assume 4 is fine?
Post by: MakeCents on August 29, 2016, 08:23:23 pm
Yeah I did read that and comment out/remove some unneeded strings and precaches and that, ill try commenting timer and see how it goes

Double Post Merge: August 29, 2016, 08:13:49 pm
Your fix worked :D Thanks :) For 2 players.
So if it is fixed for 2 players will it work for 4?
Is it a number of strings per player or a matter of co op and solo having different values, if it now works for 2 am I safe to assume 4 is fine?

I wish I could tell you. I hit a similar error many times and when I determined it was precaching too many shaders that was causing my issue, I decided to do everything in menu instead, so I never found out.