UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: JBird632 on August 18, 2016, 04:53:56 pm

Title: UGX Wiki Black Ops 3
Post by: JBird632 on August 18, 2016, 04:53:56 pm
Black Ops 3 Wiki

Wiki: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Black+Ops+3+Modtools
We have recently been updating our Wiki page in preparation of the release of a public Beta for Black Ops 3 Mod Tools. As of right now we are unsure of the actual release date for the public beta - though it is said to be sometime this year. The wiki as of right now is still in the progress of being created, but many of the tutorials and changes from WaW and BO1 modding have been released and are currently visible.

We have plans to create a number of different tutorials to help the community when they first get the mod tools - as well as aid our fellow alpha testers.
These tutorials will include: Mapping (how to map, advanced mapping, and tips), Scripting (how to write scripts, techniques we use, specific zombie features), and Modding (including weapons, character models, sounds, etc).
More detailed tutorials will include a written and video portion to help those of you who learn better with a visual representation. Some of these tutorials have already been recorded as well as are in the process of being recorded.

We look forward to seeing what all of your will make with the Black Ops 3 Mod Tools.
Title: Re: UGX Wiki Black Ops 3
Post by: animallover on August 18, 2016, 05:45:26 pm
Have you ever thought about opening the wiki to the public for editing/additions? This IMO has been the biggest downfall of the UGX wiki. You end up reading more Tutorials from the tutorial section than you do from the Wiki itself.

OFC there are trolls and stuff so you would need to do moderator approval on it, but we can't rely solely on the Team Members for information about the tools.

100% Agree would be cool
Post by: treminaor on August 18, 2016, 07:50:06 pm
Have you ever thought about opening the wiki to the public for editing/additions? This IMO has been the biggest downfall of the UGX wiki. You end up reading more Tutorials from the tutorial section than you do from the Wiki itself.

OFC there are trolls and stuff so you would need to do moderator approval on it, but we can't rely solely on the Team Members for information about the tools.
The problem is guaranteeing the quality and consistency of the content. The tutorials people would write wouldn't be properly formatted etc. We have always invited people to email us any tutorials they think belong on the Wiki and big surprise, we've received 0 emails.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 18, 2016, 08:06:54 pm
thats not entirely true, i asked several times if i could fix up or add to the wiki, coz i found a number of issues, and was told by lukkie that he was dealing with it so no
Post by: Tim Smith on August 18, 2016, 08:20:22 pm
I second nate. I would go with simple name and content fields, after the Submitter has submitted his tut. He will recieve a window popup, " Thank you for .... We will review you Tutorial and email you, Please remember to check your inbox daily" that way you can help people and people can help you!
Post by: treminaor on August 18, 2016, 08:40:15 pm
thats not entirely true, i asked several times if i could fix up or add to the wiki, coz i found a number of issues, and was told by lukkie that he was dealing with it so no
Depending on when you emailed him, he may not have been in charge of it yet. Either way I was never made aware.
Post by: treminaor on August 18, 2016, 08:45:21 pm
I second nate. I would go with simple name and content fields, after the Submitter has submitted his tut. He will recieve a window popup, " Thank you for .... We will review you Tutorial and email you, Please remember to check your inbox daily" that way you can help people and people can help you!
As far as I know, Confluence doesn't support anything like this, we would have to arrange something ourselves which we don't have the resources to do right now. I'll bring it up to Delta.

Just add a poll and then make a decision

Double Post Merge: August 18, 2016, 08:41:52 pm
This tends to be a trend with your moderators. A lot of stuff seams to go under your radar due to them. Just saying. I have experienced this on many occasions once was a death threat which I had to personally message you
I specifically tell them I don't want to hear about every little thing that happens, otherwise what's the point of delegating tasks to staff if I still have to micromanage everything? Your case with the threat was unique, a wiki email is no where near in comparison.
Post by: Gabrielle on August 23, 2016, 06:30:40 pm
When will we be able to use the MOD tools?
Post by: treminaor on August 23, 2016, 06:35:02 pm
When will we be able to use the MOD tools?
Hopefully by the end of the year but 3arc hasn't told us.