UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: whippytrout on August 17, 2016, 12:52:18 am

Title: Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare – Zombies
Post by: whippytrout on August 17, 2016, 12:52:18 am
The new trailer for Cod Infinite Warfare Zombies is out and it looks amazing! It may be better than Treyarch.  :o
I'm so hyped now. I wasn't going to even buy the game but now I will gladly fork over the dough.  :nyan:
Title: Re: Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare – Zombies
Post by: KhelMho on August 17, 2016, 01:00:36 am
 :rainbow:
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 17, 2016, 01:51:02 am
Honestly I didn't want to like it because I wasn't planning on getting IW, but honestly it looked pretty cool. Choice of setting and art style is certainly something unique to the zombies scene and even CoD in general.

This has my attention. Still not buying til' I see gameplay and reviews.
Post by: MAK911 on August 17, 2016, 02:57:21 am
I was somewhat sold with the awesome "Major Tom" space break scene from the first trailer, but this really takes the cake. It's exactly as ridiculous as zombies is and should be. People have forgotten that zombies was made to have fun, not to be made fun. This is my kind of gimmicky stuff and I love that everything fits with the theme of the map and there's not random crap like in BO3 zombies. They came up with a theme and built a map off that, whereas BO3 just build a map and give it a theme.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on August 17, 2016, 03:05:37 am
I have to admit that this looks really interesting but I still don't think it's worth my $60
Post by: Psych on August 17, 2016, 05:43:23 am
The clown zombies are freaky man.
Post by: Ege115 on August 17, 2016, 08:49:31 am
My thought are... It looked too ridiculous, I get it, that is what they are going for. But I still prefer the seriousness in treyarch zombies. I get it, treyarch zombies has some ridiculous things too, like the shrink gun, the monkey bomb, dragons etc. But the thing I don't like about this, though, is that it is ALL built up on ridiculousness. While treyarch is not as over the top with the ridiculousness as IW zombies seems to be. To me, treyarch have executed things like dragons well, without making it too over the top.

Idk, I just prefer the direction treyarch is taking zombies, IW zombies doesn't really look like it will have as good storyline as treyarch zombies. This is just me, but to me it looks like IW zombies is pointing towards kids. I get it, it's different, but it doesn't look this is for me. :P
Post by: smasher248 on August 17, 2016, 09:48:49 am
My thought are... It looked too ridiculous, I get it, that is what they are going for. But I still prefer the seriousness in treyarch zombies. I get it, treyarch zombies has some ridiculous things too, like the shrink gun, the monkey bomb, dragons etc. But the thing I don't like about this, though, is that it is ALL built up on ridiculousness. While treyarch is not as over the top with the ridiculousness as IW zombies seems to be. To me, treyarch have executed things like dragons well, without making it too over the top.

Idk, I just prefer the direction treyarch is taking zombies, IW zombies doesn't really look like it will have as good storyline as treyarch zombies. This is just me, but to me it looks like IW zombies is pointing towards kids. I get it, it's different, but it doesn't look this is for me. :P

most of cods fan base lol
Post by: Koan on August 17, 2016, 02:21:33 pm
Cringed at the four character dialogues, but oh well. Looks like a decent bonus mode, highly doubt it'll be as fleshed out as Treyarch's. I just hope they do it justice, and most importantly I hope it's fun...
Post by: alex-125 on August 17, 2016, 02:43:57 pm

I completely agree,it has gone too far .
Post by: DeathBringerZen on August 17, 2016, 02:58:05 pm
I think Infinite Warfare Zombies looks like it will be a hell of a lot of fun. I love the 80's retro theme they have incorporated and expect to see some cool map settings with some quality accompanying soundtracks. The clichéd characters also look like they will be a fun bunch. I expect many references to the 80's horror genre to pop up also.

Yes it looks wacky and zany but that is what I like about it, it's not trying to take itself too serious, just some fun and giggles to be had while slaying zombies. I wasn't sure what to expect from the trailer but after seeing it I have finally got some excitement back for the game-mode I fell in love with that BO3 killed off for me.

Fingers crossed they don't do a Blundell and hide everything in the map behind forced side quests and multiple steps. I want to be able to go in and kill zombies without having to spend around 1-2 hours doing shit EVERY, SINGLE, FUCKING, TIME I play a map.
Post by: PlutoBro on August 17, 2016, 03:03:09 pm
Fingers crossed they don't do a Blundell and hide everything in the map behind forced side quests and multiple steps. I want to be able to go in and kill zombies without having to spend around 1-2 hours doing shit EVERY, SINGLE, FUCKING, TIME I play a map.

Yes! I wanna go into a game and get killing, with my wonder weapons not taking 30+ minutes a game to obtain. PER GAME.
Post by: oshawat750 on August 17, 2016, 04:00:01 pm
It is going to be fun! I really love how they named the first map "Spaceland", mocking that Infinite Warfare is in space, but zombies is boots on ground, never touching space. (As what it seems) I prob will buy the $110 edition, because I can't wait for what the zombies has to offer!  :D
Post by: whippytrout on August 17, 2016, 04:06:30 pm
I can't believe nobody mentioned the fact that the map has DAVID FREAKING HASSELHOFF!!!! You know it's going to be amazing with my man the Hoff in there.  :D
Post by: oshawat750 on August 17, 2016, 04:15:50 pm
I can't believe nobody mentioned the fact that the map has DAVID FREAKING HASSELHOFF!!!! You know it's going to be amazing with my man the Hoff in there.  :D
He saved Bikini Bottom with his nipples, so he better do the same. \ :lol:/
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 17, 2016, 04:56:22 pm
Gimick

Cash grab

That is all

Lol
Post by: BluntStuffy on August 17, 2016, 05:12:36 pm
I love the 80's theme, i think the 80's where great music and movie wise, some really cool stuf made in that era they can incooperate in so many ways! Not sure about the looks and if i like those as well, but ah well if the gameplay is good and they work out the theme in a good way i'm sure i'll like it.
Im not looking for a treyarch zombies remake from IW, i like they do it their way. And lets be honest, with bo3 modtools comming we got plenty of treyarch zombies to come.

And yeh, like whippy mentioned.. The Hoff!  8)

I'm not totally hyped, but i'm def interested in it from what i've seen. I'll wait for some gameplay and more details before i really make up my mind.. I wont be buying it for MP, so Zombies would have to make that up for me, otherwise it will prob be the first cod since mw2 i wont buy..

Post by: IHammY/ on August 17, 2016, 05:21:01 pm
Ive never really liked the render style of the current gen games but if there was half as much overshading that makes everything smooth as a baby butt, to the point where theres not a single sharp edge anywhere  makes IW look the worst looking out of all call of dutys (Compared what was good graphics at the time) ever IMO. It bothered me in the trailers but the zombies mode made it even more apparent. What I especially dont like is how everything is so damn oversaturated (I know thats what theyre going for here but ech!). Where did all the grimyness the dramatic vibe and even the FUCKING DESATURATION LIGHT TWEAK go? Does the new Infinity Ward cast not know how to use those or is oversaturation all they teach them?   :fuuu: :fuuu: :fuuu:
Post by: mrpeanut188 on August 17, 2016, 06:39:40 pm
I really disliked the IW reveal, but the zombies actually seems interesting. Looks like they're making the mode more casual which is a good thing, zombies is getting stale. Becoming more focused on having fun then being rewarded for skill may alienate the more hard-core players but I think for a series like CoD where it's been a straight cash-grab for the last few years, it's a good move for Activision. I can't really say for certain though, they are directly copying many facets of Treyarch's zombies, but I think having a new developer with a new direction is great.

Also, I really like our cast: Hasselhoff, Pee-wee Herman, Snooki, and ScHoolboy Q. That Go Getem Tiger shirt is probably the best thing to come out of all this so far.
Post by: adfgdagasdf2 on August 17, 2016, 07:58:54 pm
Yeah, I'm hella hyped for this. But for $110 with the DLC? I don't think so, especially when the Campaign will become meaningless and the Multiplayer will be rigged with Supply Drops. I'll just wait for the a sale.... oh wait, nevermind :please: If Call of Duty in general hadn't become such a huge scam, I'd be all over it, but the idea of giving my money to an increasingly stingy corporation turns my stomach. I'll torrent it next year.
Post by: StupidEdits on August 17, 2016, 09:19:28 pm
I feel like their 80's idea is more of a way to "connect" with a lot of their elder zombies fans, but also sticking to their futuristic grasp at Call of Duty without pissing a lot of people off by making it seem like a 3arc mirror. In general I like their idea at a zombies attempt but I feel like it was more of an 'on the spot' type of thing as a way to dig themselves out of their debt-hole they got in with Ghosts, (hence the CoD4 remake). Nonetheless I appreciate all the hard work and time they put in and I'll give them a chance.
Post by: SoulTaker on August 17, 2016, 10:06:34 pm
It looks fun not gonna lie. I like the theme and all but I still would have preferred if they spent the last three years of development on improving on their Extinction game mode. I loved the nonstop chaos bullshit that the game mode gave when playing with 3 to 4 people. The game takes place in space so it would've been even better.
Post by: MAK911 on August 17, 2016, 10:38:31 pm
It looks fun not gonna lie. I like the theme and all but I still would have preferred if they spent the last three years of development on improving on their Extinction game mode. I loved the nonstop chaos bullshit that the game mode gave when playing with 3 to 4 people. The game takes place in space so it would've been even better.
Ehhh... if we're gonna be technical about it, cryptids are from Earth  :please:
I mean, it would be nice to see like different planets of cryptids (A Mars colony of cryptids would be awesome :D), but everyone decided to flip off Extinction, Survival, Chaos Mode, and Exo Zombies and are now bitching that IW was forced to stick to the same zombies all over again instead of being original. God, I love hypocrites.
Post by: SoulTaker on August 17, 2016, 11:06:29 pm
Ehhh... if we're gonna be technical about it, cryptids are from Earth  :please:
I mean, it would be nice to see like different planets of cryptids (A Mars colony of cryptids would be awesome :D), but everyone decided to flip off Extinction, Survival, Chaos Mode, and Exo Zombies and are now bitching that IW was forced to stick to the same zombies all over again instead of being original. God, I love hypocrites.
Fair enough but with the ending that happened at the end of DLC 4 (won't spoil anything) it would have been cool to see what events happen after that. I'm guessing since Ghosts had a bad reputation they want to erase everything that happened including Extinction. Also, 100% agreed mostly everyone flipped and called Extinction stupid. At first, the game mode was whatever but it got better with each DLC when they included the teeth upgrade system (surprised Activision didn't try making money off it) it gave people more of a reason to play the maps. I actually have most of the upgrades when it comes to Extinction.
Post by: Joeycx on August 17, 2016, 11:23:54 pm
i like the style, it's new atleast. Treyarch maps are now too much now.
Post by: NINJAMAN829 on August 18, 2016, 12:38:46 am
I think it's a really great idea and it looks amazing. I like the funny and unserious vibe. Treyarch zombies now is really more story driven than what it was actually built upon, which is why I don't like BO3 zombies as much as older BO/WAW zombies. I feel they are going more for gameplay than story right now. Atleast for this map. Who knows about the dlc though.

All in all, it confirmed me getting IW to say the least.
Post by: DeletedUser on August 18, 2016, 07:12:58 am
It looks fun, simple.

People seriously need to stop taking it so literally, it's in the fucking 80s. It's not pointed towards kids, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
I'm a fan of all the cheese, it works in this situation. The characters are intentionally cringy for a reason, they are stereotypes to old 80s film. I'm just happy its using Treyarch's roots as a foundation, while simultaneously giving its own originality. Will I be buying in? Probably, depends on whether Revelations can out-shine it or not.

Double Post Merge: August 18, 2016, 07:21:00 am
I think Infinite Warfare Zombies looks like it will be a hell of a lot of fun. I love the 80's retro theme they have incorporated and expect to see some cool map settings with some quality accompanying soundtracks. The clichéd characters also look like they will be a fun bunch. I expect many references to the 80's horror genre to pop up also.

Yes it looks wacky and zany but that is what I like about it, it's not trying to take itself too serious, just some fun and giggles to be had while slaying zombies. I wasn't sure what to expect from the trailer but after seeing it I have finally got some excitement back for the game-mode I fell in love with that BO3 killed off for me.

+1 Agree 100%, especially the last part.
Post by: Ege115 on August 18, 2016, 10:02:55 am
I wasn't sure what to expect from the trailer but after seeing it I have finally got some excitement back for the game-mode I fell in love with that BO3 killed off for me.

Honestly, I think BO3 is the best CoD zombies game. I keep trying to go back to BO1 maps, but it's just so boring to me, there is nothing to do. But in BO3, it feels like I got loads of stuff to do, and better things to be careful about in the maps, like BO3 has the best zombie bosses, imo.

Shadows of Evil: Easy to get into, just a bit less complicated than Mob of the dead.

Der Eisendrache: A really easy map to get into, unless you want the bows, I know how to get them, but I think it's more enjoyable not to use them at all.

Zetsubou no shima: I liked this map first, but now it's my least favourite map in BO3, the map is a bit too tedious to me.

Gorod krovi: Excellent map, the easiest map to get setup on in BO3. It's not complicated for casual zombie players at all. The new WW is in the box, easy to activate the power, the things you do to get to PaP is similar to what you do in Ascension. The best map in BO3, imo.
Post by: TTheenderr on August 18, 2016, 12:56:55 pm
This looks sick. cant wait to play this!
Post by: timelordalex on August 18, 2016, 04:27:04 pm
This does not look better than 3arcs, not even close, just seems rather stupid, i prefer the more serious take on zombies which 3arc provides - and having seen the interview for the mode, they are copying a lot of stuff anyway, magic wheel - magic box, special card things - gobblegum, but made it seem like everything was original. I do like though the idea of everyone putting money towards doors,  being able to reclaim your gear upon a death, and something to do whilst you're dead - which may prevent more players from quitting as they can earn there way back in and get their weapons back, the bank returning too i like. I however do not wished to be fucked over like i was with BO3 release, so will likely wait till the game reduces in price.
Post by: BuIlDaLiBlE on August 19, 2016, 03:04:56 pm
Complete piece of shit like Exo Zombies. While it's fun to play for a while it easily gets very boring and soon forgotten. 3arc zombies FTW!
Post by: DeletedUser on August 31, 2016, 07:08:17 am
Complete piece of shit like Exo Zombies. While it's fun to play for a while it easily gets very boring and soon forgotten. 3arc zombies FTW!
Didn't know you got to play it early... ::)
Post by: MAK911 on August 31, 2016, 09:06:14 pm
Yeah! 3arc repetitive, over-complicated, and boring ftw!
Post by: DeletedUser on August 31, 2016, 09:38:03 pm
preach
Post by: Ege115 on August 31, 2016, 09:44:18 pm
Only tedious map is ZnS. The rest are not tedious at all, maps like kino are way more repetetive imo.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 01, 2016, 04:55:07 am
Only tedious map is ZnS. The rest are not tedious at all, maps like kino are way more repetetive imo.

Tedious Maps (Obtaining all equipment/mini quests):
-Moon
-Origins
-Der Eiesndrache
-Zetsabou no Shima

Repetitive maps (Not much substance/gets old fast):
-Nacht
-Shi no Numa
-Der Riese/The Giant
-Kino
-Five
-Ascension
-COTD
-Tranzit
-Die Rise
-B U R I E D

Maps worth playing (IMO):
-Verruckt
-Shangri La
-Dead Ops 1 & 2 (All memes aside)
-MOTD
-SOE
-Gorod Krovi
Post by: DeletedUser on September 01, 2016, 10:45:25 am
-Moon
-Origins
-Der Eiesndrache
-Zetsabou no Shima

-Nacht
-Shi no Numa
-Der Riese/The Giant
-Kino
-Five
-Ascension
-COTD
-Tranzit
-Die Rise
-B U R I E D

-Verruckt
-Shangri La
-MOTD
-SOE
-Gorod Krovi
So SOE isn't tedious and Der Eisendrache is?
Post by: Ege115 on September 01, 2016, 11:40:43 am
-Moon
-Origins
-Der Eiesndrache
-Zetsabou no Shima

-Nacht
-Shi no Numa
-Der Riese/The Giant
-Kino
-Five
-Ascension
-COTD
-Tranzit
-Die Rise
-B U R I E D

-Verruckt
-Shangri La
-MOTD
-SOE
-Gorod Krovi
How is moon complicated?
Post by: DeletedUser on September 02, 2016, 03:22:03 pm
How is moon complicated?
Tedious, not complicated...
Post by: Ege115 on September 02, 2016, 03:23:38 pm
Tedious, not complicated...
Okay, how is it tedious?
Post by: DeletedUser on September 02, 2016, 03:23:52 pm
So SOE isn't tedious and Der Eisendrache is?
I can do everything in SOE in like 3 rounds, same with MOTD. DE's bows and DG-4 take up a lot of my time surviving.

Double Post Merge: September 02, 2016, 03:26:09 pm
Okay, how is it tedious?
Getting a decent perk set, obtaining QEDs, Gerschs, and the WG, and constantly having to swap PES for the Hacker.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 02, 2016, 03:52:17 pm
I can do everything in SOE in like 3 rounds, same with MOTD. DE's bows and DG-4 take up a lot of my time surviving.

Double Post Merge: September 02, 2016, 03:26:09 pm
Getting a decent perk set, obtaining QEDs, Gerschs, and the WG, and constantly having to swap PES for the Hacker.
But tediousness isn't round based; it's time based? Rituals and opening pap is 10 mins, getting the sword is 10 mins, upgrading the sword is another 10...
For the DG-4 all you need to do is buy the death ray, kill the panzer and wait at max 2 minutes for a rocket test... Oh and for the bows the storm bow takes 10 mins at max if you're efficient.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 02, 2016, 04:04:11 pm
But tediousness isn't round based; it's time based? Rituals and opening pap is 10 mins, getting the sword is 10 mins, upgrading the sword is another 10...
For the DG-4 all you need to do is buy the death ray, kill the panzer and wait at max 2 minutes for a rocket test... Oh and for the bows the storm bow takes 10 mins at max if you're efficient.
If you have the mind-set to know you need to get all the gadgets and gizmos at some point in the game, rounds count as time.

Rituals are the same as plane parts, you just "do" them, doesn't feel like much of a chore especially if it could be done in 1-2 rounds. Having to actually sit and wait for something to happen is a bit boring, and once you finally do get it your chance of dying increases because of the countdown and those annoying elemental zombies being pressed up against you for another 2 minutes.

In terms of bows I just think you have to go out of your way to do them, it cant be done mid-round. You could do the staffs at a normal pace because as you move around the map you find the parts to make them.