UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: WigglyWorm on August 16, 2016, 06:45:32 pm

Title: Music Taste?
Post by: WigglyWorm on August 16, 2016, 06:45:32 pm
I really am curious as to everyone's music taste? Personally I am a HUGE fan of Pop/Punk and Post-hardcore music such as All Time Low, A Day to Remember, Blink - 182, Green Day, Sum 41 etc.

However, I also love UK Grime. Stormzy, Devilman, Devlin, Chip etc. I like Dubstep, Drum & Bass, Hardstyle and Techno :)

What about you lot?

(If this doesn't belong here please can you direct me to the correct forum)
Title: Re: Music Taste?
Post by: whippytrout on August 16, 2016, 07:07:39 pm
I like 80's and 90's country like Brooks & Dunn, George Strait, Kenny Chesney, etc. I also like some rap/hip hop like Lil Wayne, T-Pain, and Lil Jon from their early days like early 2000's to 2010. After that they all went retarded and sound like a bunch of idiots. lol I also like classic Rock like CCR, ACDC, Asia, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Aerosmith,  etc. I also like a mix of other genres but today's music kinda sucks to be honest.

So I guess you can say I like a little of everything.  ;)
Post by: WigglyWorm on August 16, 2016, 07:09:47 pm
I like 80's and 90's country like Brooks & Dunn, George Strait, Kenny Chesney, etc. I also like some rap/hip hop like Lil Wayne, T-Pain, and Lil Jon from their early days like early 2000's to 2010. After that they all went retarded and sound like a bunch of idiots. lol I also like classic Rock like CCR, ACDC, Asia, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Aerosmith,  etc. I also like a mix of other genres but today's music kinda sucks to be honest.

So I guess you can say I like a little of everything.  ;)

I 100% agree with you on the 80's/90's music. My Dad influenced that era of music onto me and it grew a lot. Todays rap is terrible, don't know what they are even saying haha!
Post by: mxtxm on August 16, 2016, 07:32:21 pm
I like Anthrax, Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeth, Boston, Adrenaline Mob, Stone Sour, Alice in Chains, Alice Cooper, Bad Company, so pretty much classic rock, hard rock, and metal.
Post by: MAK911 on August 16, 2016, 07:37:21 pm
No country except for Johnny Cash because he was always brilliant. I've kind of lost my taste for Nightcore as a genre, but it's okay sometimes. I REALLY like Panic! At The Disco. My Chemical Romance and Green Day are good sometimes. I generally hate rap, but some come though the cracks. I dislike almost all the CoD Zombie music (fite me ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ). I like a quite a bit of Musical music, such as Wicked, Les Miserables, and Avenue Q :P. Sometimes, I just go splattershot with what I listen to though and anything will sound good. "Some Nights" album by Fun. seems to be my go-to because that's the one album that I like all the music on (which is extremely rare since some artists I don't like for more than 1 song). My guilty pleasure overall is Steam Powered Giraffe just because it's good storytelling and weird :D
Post by: whippytrout on August 16, 2016, 07:42:59 pm
Oh Crap! I forgot to include the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack as my all time favorite. Well that and Disney's Tarzan soundtrack with my boy Phil Collins.  :D  I can't count the times I've listened to those soundtracks while mapping.  :nyan:
Post by: WigglyWorm on August 16, 2016, 07:46:41 pm
I like Anthrax, Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeth, Boston, Adrenaline Mob, Stone Sour, Alice in Chains, Alice Cooper, Bad Company, so pretty much classic rock, hard rock, and metal.

STONE SOUR  :rainbow:
Post by: Tim Smith on August 16, 2016, 08:15:09 pm
Personally, i like randoms. But 90%. I like to listen for All Time Low, i also like the 80's.
Post by: HitmanVere on August 17, 2016, 03:01:23 pm
Rock, Metal and Core, the trinity of music for me, lol
Post by: Koan on August 17, 2016, 05:18:49 pm
I can enjoy most genres but I can't get enough soundtrack, classical, orchestral stuff, as well as musicals.

Film soundtracks are my thing. Thomas Newman, John Powell, Patrick Doyle, Hans Zimmer, Alexandre Desplat, Johann Johannsson, Howard Shore, John Williams (obviously), Michael Giacchino, Mark Mancina, Randy Newman, Danny Elfman, James Horner, all consistently fantastic...

Try this (with headphones :gusta:)
:(
We're sorry.
The embdedded media couldn't be retrieved.
View reason
The response was empty.
View media in new tab
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 18, 2016, 04:19:34 pm
I like a wide range of music. I can get down with everything from 80's to Dubstep and everything in between.

My favorite genre, and the one I listen to the most, is definately Rap/Hip Hop. My favs would be Logic, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, Flatbush Zombies, A$AP Rocky and Ferg. Really, any song with good flow, beat, or lyrics I can get down with.
Post by: therocksays02 on August 18, 2016, 04:21:47 pm
Well my favourite was from 80's or older :please: