UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: treminaor on August 11, 2016, 04:54:53 pm

Title: [New Video] UGX Gungame in BO3! | Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha Part 2
Post by: treminaor on August 11, 2016, 04:54:53 pm
Title: Re: [New Video] UGX Gungame in BO3! | Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha Part 2
Post by: Scobalula on August 11, 2016, 05:25:08 pm

Awesome! Depending on how much info you can give, just going by how you said you handle weapons, is there the possibility then to edit a weapons stats and such via GSC? In WaW ofc. a lot of that wasn't so easy, such as if you wanted to increase clip size, or increasing a specific weapons fire rate, how possible would that be? Thanks in advance.

Also keep 'em coming!  :gusta:
Post by: treminaor on August 11, 2016, 05:26:51 pm
Awesome! Depending on how much info you can give, just going by how you said you handle weapons, is there the possibility then to edit a weapons stats and such via GSC? In WaW ofc. a lot of that wasn't so easy, such as if you wanted to increase clip size, or increasing a specific weapons fire rate, how possible would that be? Thanks in advance.

Also keep 'em coming!  :gusta:
I read the entire NDA they gave and it wasn't really clear to me that I couldn't talk about mechanics in the game. I just can't send code to people or show anything from the private subreddit wiki/discussions.

It's not clear to me yet how weapons stats are handled but I would definitely guess that since they are entities now, it will open up a lot of possibilities for on-the-fly edits to weapons without touching the files.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on August 11, 2016, 05:36:16 pm
Regarding the BO1 Mod Tools...

You mentioned in the video that the files that are being distributed for that are illegal. What files are they and how are they illegal?
Post by: treminaor on August 11, 2016, 05:43:11 pm

You mentioned in the video that the files that are being distributed for that are illegal. What files are they and how are they illegal?
I said it's a gray area. I don't know if it's legal or not, I'm not a lawyer. It's "illegal" in heavy quotes just like T4M is, yet Activision may never care enough to do anything.
Post by: Scobalula on August 11, 2016, 05:49:16 pm
I read the entire NDA they gave and it wasn't really clear to me that I couldn't talk about mechanics in the game. I just can't send code to people or show anything from the private subreddit wiki/discussions.

It's not clear to me yet how weapons stats are handled but I would definitely guess that since they are entities now, it will open up a lot of possibilities for on-the-fly edits to weapons without touching the files.

That's cool to hear, I hate how little we can do with this stuff in WaW (requiring multiple weaponfiles sometimes :alone:) so being able to do it on the fly will be nice. :D
Post by: DeletedUser on August 11, 2016, 11:45:39 pm

To clarify, the exes are actually unmodified WaW compilers, it's the DLLs that do the magic, so I guess they're on the same level of "illegallity" as T4M.
Post by: treminaor on August 12, 2016, 02:04:50 am
To clarify, the exes are actually unmodified WaW compilers, it's the DLLs that do the magic, so I guess they're on the same level of "illegallity" as T4M.
Exactly.