UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Chunkdogg9 on October 02, 2013, 04:12:01 am

Title: Dual Wield in WAW!
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on October 02, 2013, 04:12:01 am
Ok well I was searching through youtube and I came across this video watch to the end of the video.

I thought that was impossible to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX_5aja1cUk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX_5aja1cUk)
Title: Re: Dual Wield in WAW!
Post by: Dust on October 02, 2013, 04:16:43 am
if im not mistaken, wasnt ugx trying to add in their own dual wielding system in ugx mods v1.1?
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on October 02, 2013, 04:21:15 am
if im not mistaken, wasnt ugx trying to add in their own dual wielding system in ugx mods v1.1?

I hope thats true
Post by: DeletedUser on October 02, 2013, 05:55:50 am
This dual wielding was NOT made by TMG, it was made by Sanya. Didn't you noticed that Sanya's guns are found on cfgfactory and openwarfaremod?
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on October 02, 2013, 06:17:25 am
This dual wielding was NOT made by TMG, it was made by Sanya. Didn't you noticed that Sanya's guns are found on cfgfactory and openwarfaremod?

I never said tmg made it just said in that video is the first video ive seen with dual Wield on waw
Post by: MrSlagovich on October 02, 2013, 06:20:12 am
Ray is correct that stuff is made by Sanya and yes we are trying to do this in 1.1. It isn't impossible as you can see, Trem also has done the same kind of dual wielding as sanya has done except trem did it with the m1911's but the thing people fail to mention is that the guns shoot at the same time you can't just shoot one with one button and one with another. If you look closely they shoot at the same time and never shoot at different times from each other. Trem is working on trying to get around it but we havn't messed with it in quite sometime.
Post by: treminaor on October 02, 2013, 06:25:50 am
Unlisted video from May 30th 2013:

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FimOkYoD.png&hash=4ff64482625b0062c21e4ff86e81fd24fc99c6cb)

And an alternate idle anim:

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8GcCRqd.png&hash=0d8639f8ea8eb53f8959ef8942240ecdf732ea8c)

Reloading, firing and everything else works, but its both guns at once.

That's all I'm going to show until we either give up on independent firing for UGX Mod or figure out a way to do it.
Post by: Dust on October 02, 2013, 06:38:11 am

[Image Removed from Quote]

[Image Removed from Quote]

That's all I'm going to show until we either give up on independent firing for UGX Mod or figure out a way to do it.

WIN!!
Post by: DeletedUser on October 02, 2013, 07:47:03 am

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FimOkYoD.png&hash=4ff64482625b0062c21e4ff86e81fd24fc99c6cb)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8GcCRqd.png&hash=0d8639f8ea8eb53f8959ef8942240ecdf732ea8c)

Whoa.
Post by: 90Dboy on October 02, 2013, 09:10:00 am
UGX mods will definitly claim dominance of WaW custom zombies. I admire all the hard work you guys do for free just to please your fans.
Post by: KDXDARK on October 02, 2013, 10:08:13 am
or maybe it can be like in killing floor, with the second clic aim and with the first shoot :)

Post Merge: October 02, 2013, 11:40:06 am
Dual Wield Ray Guns (again)... In World at War D: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyPg_ikXpA#ws)

i like dual ray guns, i see this triying to find dual wield kap-40 class for bo2
Post by: IHammY/ on October 02, 2013, 03:55:42 pm
them dual uzis i played with em... they made me cum over exitement  :nyan:
Post by: SajeOne on October 02, 2013, 11:13:10 pm
Just letting you guys know every example above is not true duel wield. Both weapons fire at once. Within animations I can do pretty much whatever I want, I could add a third weapon if I saw fit. The part of duel wielding that is not supported in world at war is the part where the ads button is used as a secondary fire. This wasn't included until the next game. so in response to people who said things like "We have the first duel wielded weapons in WAW! :D" .... No, no you don't. (If it already wasn't obvious enough)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 02, 2013, 11:28:23 pm
Just letting you guys know every example above is not true duel wield. Both weapons fire at once.

Man... when I watched the duel wield Raygun video, I watched closely and could only see the right hand one fire.

I knew it! Thought I was going mad for a second. Cheers for that Saje.
Post by: BioAftermath on October 02, 2013, 11:39:22 pm
Just letting you guys know every example above is not true duel wield. Both weapons fire at once. Within animations I can do pretty much whatever I want, I could add a third weapon if I saw fit. The part of duel wielding that is not supported in world at war is the part where the ads button is used as a secondary fire. This wasn't included until the next game. so in response to people who said things like "We have the first duel wielded weapons in WAW! :D" .... No, no you don't. (If it already wasn't obvious enough)
So is it impossible to have individually firing dual wield weapons? Because either way it would be awesome to have the Mustang and Sally. (Sorry for mentioning it again!)
Post by: SajeOne on October 02, 2013, 11:40:58 pm
could only see the right hand one fire.
His animations animate both. The FX on the other hand for weapons is managed by the engine. Issue here is that it will only add it to one joint(tag_flash). Since you can't have two of the same joint the second weapons muzzle tag was likely called something like (tag_flash1). The engine would not add FX to this, you would need to add it via client script which is actually how all UGX weapons now operate.

Post Merge: October 02, 2013, 11:42:44 pm
So is it impossible to have individually firing dual wield weapons?
Exactly, this is what we are trying to find a way around, so we have both working individually.
Post by: n123q45 on October 02, 2013, 11:54:15 pm
So is it impossible to have individually firing dual wield weapons? Because either way it would be awesome to have the Mustang and Sally. (Sorry for mentioning it again!)
its not impossible, just itll take a whole lot of scripting to add the functionality
Post by: SajeOne on October 02, 2013, 11:56:58 pm
its not impossible, just itll take a whole lot of scripting to add the functionality
It's questionable whether its possible or not. Getting a working version that works in a fast enough time for smooth gameplay is a challenge and honestly isn't as simple as a whole lot of scripting.
Post by: BioAftermath on October 03, 2013, 02:28:56 am
It's questionable whether its possible or not. Getting a working version that works in a fast enough time for smooth gameplay is a challenge and honestly isn't as simple as a whole lot of scripting.
Well, I know that you guys will try the hardest you can until there really is no way. But I would like this question answered (I believe I asked this question before, but I didn't get the reply I was looking for), if you are successful in delivering individual weapon firing dual wield or not, can you port in the Mustang and Sally? I understand that the anims will be a challenge since the only way that you can have Treyarch anims for the M&S is by porting thee anims from BO or BO2 (which isn't available openly yet) or maybe you can edit the current WaW M1911 model to a dual wield version and fit the BO anim to it. I have very little knowledge on this type of topic, but I believe that if you have the know-how, it's possible.
Post by: treminaor on October 03, 2013, 03:05:01 am
Well, I know that you guys will try the hardest you can until there really is no way. But I would like this question answered (I believe I asked this question before, but I didn't get the reply I was looking for), if you are successful in delivering individual weapon firing dual wield or not, can you port in the Mustang and Sally? I understand that the anims will be a challenge since the only way that you can have Treyarch anims for the M&S is by porting thee anims from BO or BO2 (which isn't available openly yet) or maybe you can edit the current WaW M1911 model to a dual wield version and fit the BO anim to it. I have very little knowledge on this type of topic, but I believe that if you have the know-how, it's possible.
Even if the anims are available to port, it wouldn't help us because they would be configured for their own dual wielding system, not whatever workaround we use.

If we port the Mustang and Sally then you'll be the first to know. We are going to focus on doing our own dual wields like the one you see above that uses the CoD4 M1911's.
Post by: BioAftermath on October 03, 2013, 03:39:04 am
Even if the anims are available to port, it wouldn't help us because they would be configured for their own dual wielding system, not whatever workaround we use.

If we port the Mustang and Sally then you'll be the first to know. We are going to focus on doing our own dual wields like the one you see above that uses the CoD4 M1911's.
Alright, that's good to know. And I have a suggestion for the dual wield Colts. How about this, when you upgrade them, the ammo becomes explosive ;) I'm sorry if I'm annoying you. They were a true fan-favorite in BO with PhD Flopper and the reload anim was awesome :)
Post by: DeletedUser on October 03, 2013, 05:09:01 am
Planned in my mod. Watched some tutorials on animating with maya so it might be possible ;)
Post by: treminaor on October 03, 2013, 05:42:02 am
Planned in my mod. Watched some tutorials on animating with maya so it might be possible ;)
As Saje said earlier, animating isn't the problem that needs to be overcome here. You could have as many weapons in a viewmodel as you want and have them all spinning in random directions and doing weird stuff - that's totally supported if someone wanted to do it. The part that isn't supported is separately firing two weapons in the same viewmodel using different keys or buttons.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 03, 2013, 05:46:21 am
As Saje said earlier, animating isn't the problem that needs to be overcome here. You could have as many weapons in a viewmodel as you want and have them all spinning in random directions and doing weird stuff - that's totally supported if someone wanted to do it. The part that isn't supported is separately firing two weapons in the same viewmodel using different keys or buttons.
I know. I was talking about dual wielded one-button firing mustang and sally.
Post by: treminaor on October 03, 2013, 05:48:35 am
I know. I was talking about dual wielded one-button firing mustang and sally.
Ah, ok
Post by: NikolaiLikesVodka on October 03, 2013, 10:29:43 pm
does this use m16 rig?

Post Merge: October 03, 2013, 10:45:05 pm
but sanya is in tmg tho ye
Post by: treminaor on October 03, 2013, 10:54:19 pm
does this use m16 rig?
No.

Post Merge: October 03, 2013, 10:45:05 pm
but sanya is in tmg tho ye
He does the anims for OpenWarfareMod - he just gives TMG permission to use some of  them.
Post by: NikolaiLikesVodka on October 03, 2013, 11:04:22 pm
No.
He does the anims for OpenWarfareMod - he just gives TMG permission to use some of  them.
hes good friends with nukem tho didnt jew see de name
Post by: treminaor on October 03, 2013, 11:29:21 pm
hes good friends with nukem tho didnt jew see de name
What?
Post by: NikolaiLikesVodka on October 03, 2013, 11:35:32 pm
sanya is in tmg he joined the team
btw wil lthe blundergat have the m16 rig be used for it
Post by: treminaor on October 03, 2013, 11:37:16 pm
sanya is in tmg he joined the team
This doesn't change what I said, lol. Look at his YouTube channel, he's been making anims for OpenWarfareMod for quite some time.

btw wil lthe blundergat have the m16 rig be used for it
No.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2013, 06:05:00 am
OpenWarfareMod is opensource.
Plus why the heck use m16 rig when blundergat is already rigged?
Post by: treminaor on October 04, 2013, 06:40:21 am
OpenWarfareMod is opensource.
Uh, yeah... hence the word "open" in "OpenWarfareMod" :D
Post by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2013, 09:49:43 am
I was just told by Nukem on twitter that Sanya is officialy a TMG Team Member and that one-button firing DW imitaion is officially made by TMG. Plus he mentioned that tom-bmx made independent firing already some time ago.
Post by: SajeOne on October 04, 2013, 10:25:30 am
tom-bmx made independent firing already some time ago.
Proof?
Post by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2013, 10:47:09 am
Proof?
I said what nukem told me to say.
Post by: SajeOne on October 04, 2013, 02:15:29 pm
I said what nukem told me to say.
which is why I asked for proof.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 04, 2013, 03:39:17 pm
which is why I asked for proof.
I have none
Post by: treminaor on October 04, 2013, 04:11:23 pm
Just my two cents, if whatever tom did was real and/or usable, he would have given it to TMG or shown it off already.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 04, 2013, 04:29:18 pm
I think there is confusion here. I think Ray is referring to the duel wield feature that is currently featuring in TMG Alcatraz. Both guns have FX for firing, so it looks like both weapons are firing as opposed to it just being animations.

They definitely do not fire independently though. Not yet anyway. Whoever DOES manage to figure it out though should be pretty damn proud of themselves.
Post by: eminem on December 07, 2013, 09:54:21 pm
judging on the new wepons video this still is a problem for you guys
Post by: treminaor on December 07, 2013, 11:20:54 pm
judging on the new wepons video this still is a problem for you guys
We are perfectly able to replicate what's been popping up lately, we could have done that a long time ago.

We were/are trying to do something better than the existing implementations. We have said before and I say again that we will release a video at some point which discloses our findings and discusses what is and isn't possible in this engine related to dual-wielding.
Post by: DeletedUser on May 03, 2014, 02:03:25 pm
No.

I see
Post by: InFInIX on May 03, 2014, 03:18:32 pm
The only working dual wield is made by Pieman (for now)
The TMG one is only a dual model and animations but it fires only with the left mouse button and all two at the same time :)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 03, 2014, 03:45:02 pm
The only working dual wield is made by Pieman (for now)

No, UGX have a WORKING independent firing system, it is just not perfected enough to warrant release.
Post by: Stuffed_Oatmeal on May 03, 2014, 04:45:28 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IgOsKjiyO4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IgOsKjiyO4)
Post by: InFInIX on May 03, 2014, 04:47:27 pm
No, UGX have a WORKING independent firing system, it is just not perfected enough to warrant release.

I mean wich i have played for now :)