UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: TheChattyGamer on July 20, 2016, 09:18:01 pm

Title: Need Help Merging Two _zombiemode_Perks.gsc files
Post by: TheChattyGamer on July 20, 2016, 09:18:01 pm
So I have UGX Standalone v1.1 installed (Correctly) for my map, and I also have a Kino-Style Teleporter as well (https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2013.0 (https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2013.0)). Problem is, UGX Standalone v1.1 already has a _zombiemode_perks.gsc file that it comes with, and the Kino-Style teleporter mod requires you to overwrite that file, otherwise you will encounter an error. However, UGX Standalone v1.1 also requires you to have their _zombiemode_perks file or else you will also run into an error. Is there any way to merge said files? I find it hard to believe that it is necessary to choose one or the other.
Title: Re: Need Help Merging Two _zombiemode_Perks.gsc files
Post by: alaurenc9 on July 21, 2016, 02:45:47 am
You appear to not fully understand scripts. There are pieces in the _zombiemode_perks.gsc that is needed by either the teleporter or UGX mod. You can not combine them, or choose one. You need all dependent pieces in their correct place. There is likely instructions on the teleporter for adding those pieces in manually, which is what you need to do
No I've seen it, there isn't. It straight up gives you the whole script.
Post by: BuIlDaLiBlE on July 21, 2016, 11:10:25 pm
No I've seen it, there isn't. It straight up gives you the whole script.
Then you must go step-by-step through file comparing it to default (non-UGX one) and adding the necessary functions into your file.
Post by: alaurenc9 on July 22, 2016, 12:08:09 am
Then you must go step-by-step through file comparing it to default (non-UGX one) and adding the necessary functions into your file.
That is true, or you could just set wait for pap in the teleporter script to false. Then you don't need all that crap he put in _zombiemode_perks.gsc
Post by: TheChattyGamer on July 26, 2016, 10:37:43 pm
IIRC you can actually just use harry's but you risk being teleported out of pap

Where would I find this?

Edit: Scratch that. I actually just need help figuring out how to install UGX Standalone and Harry's script simultaneously.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 27, 2016, 03:07:50 pm
If you mean UGX Mod, you can not install the UGX Mod with Harry's perks.
^^^
Post by: TheChattyGamer on July 27, 2016, 06:59:54 pm
If you mean UGX Mod, you can not install the UGX Mod with Harry's perks.

Well how would I go about merging the UGX file and the Kino teleporter one? I know scripting pretty well but COD WAW scripting has been a pain in the ass and I'm not so sure that I can quite do it all that well.
Post by: alaurenc9 on July 27, 2016, 07:21:38 pm
Well how would I go about merging the UGX file and the Kino teleporter one? I know scripting pretty well but COD WAW scripting has been a pain in the ass and I'm not so sure that I can quite do it all that well.
That is true, or you could just set wait for pap in the teleporter script to false. Then you don't need all that crap he put in _zombiemode_perks.gsc